Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122
Results 1,816 to 1,818 of 1818
    Incredible Member

Does anybody have any thoughts on Nocturnals? I see dark horse release two volumes of Nocturnal Omnibus (which are really just library edition sized hardcovers) and it looks interesting but I’ve never read any of it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Does anybody have any thoughts on Nocturnals? I see dark horse release two volumes of Nocturnal Omnibus (which are really just library edition sized hardcovers) and it looks interesting but I’ve never read any of it.
    The art is gorgeous. Story-wise, it’s pulp stories filtered through a horror/sci-fi lens, with all that that entails. The villains are unrepentant bastards and some of the heroes are too, the female characters all have soft curves and sharp tongues, everyone packs heat and wears trenchcoats. I wouldn’t call any of the characterization deep, but it’s pretty typical of standard pulp characters. Some of the plots are better than others; I just finished the first story of volume 2, which I found to be a bit confusing in terms of the villains and their motivations.

But ultimately, you’re mostly getting it for the art, which is well worth it for the price they’re asking. $30 (which you’ll get for less) for thick library editions with beautiful art and some good, some okay stories? Yes please.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Still miffed that Dark Horse hasn't completed their Manara Library collections.