Page 9 of 122 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Baltimore has released 4 hardcovers now, i bet we can get a Library edition with all those 4 stories in 1 package.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Anyone pick up the Dragon Age Library Edition? Curious if it's good. Also wondering if the stories are any good too.
    I liked it alot. It's 3 stand-alone comic stories written by David Gaider that follows Alistair, Varric and Isabella. It's mostly about Alistair himself, with him as King of Ferelden and a hardened personality.

Some people didn't like that their goofy loveable Alistair was hardened, but i mean, this is the story Gaider decided to tell. Dragon Age is all about making your stamp and having different worlds/stories, but the comic itself is enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Baltimore has released 4 hardcovers now, i bet we can get a Library edition with all those 4 stories in 1 package.

I liked it alot. It's 3 stand-alone comic stories written by David Gaider that follows Alistair, Varric and Isabella. It's mostly about Alistair himself, with him as King of Ferelden and a hardened personality.

Some people didn't like that their goofy loveable Alistair was hardened, but i mean, this is the story Gaider decided to tell. Dragon Age is all about making your stamp and having different worlds/stories, but the comic itself is enjoyable.
    Thanks for the thoughts. I think I've already decided to pick it up, just a matter of when. It'll prolly be sooner rather than later since I've been on kind of a fantasy comic kick lately.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    Has anyone who bought the Colossal Conan found that the binding falls apart? Mine looked pretty bad when I first got it with the cardboard backing warped and peeling off in places, and as Ive started reading it the cardboard and ribbon have come free from its glue on the spine entirely. The only book Ive ever seen with this kind of problem before is Marvel's The Stand omnibus.

I think I am going to return it and hope the replacement Amazon sends me is better. I hate to send it back because it's really such a beautiful book and the binding, while ugly as sin all peeled apart like that, is actually holding the pages together fine. But I just can't justify spending over 100 dollars (in Canada) on a book where parts of the binding are falling off.
    That's horrible, that didn't happen with me. I think it's a manafacturing mistake...
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

My Colossal Conan doesn't appear to have any binding issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    My Colossal Conan doesn't appear to have any binding issues at all.
    Mine didn't either last time I checked, it's a pretty well put together book.

BANNED

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I just got unlucky with this one. Im definitely gonna send it back since it looks like this is an unusual problem. I absolutely love the book so far from what Ive read from it and I want my copy to be long-lasting. Hopefully Amazon doesn't get too upset with me returning this behemoth for another copy, heh.

All-New Member

Thanks for the replies regarding Baltimore! Picked up all four HCs with my weekly ToW order. If I like it enough, figure I can double dip on a Library edition in the future should we be so lucky.

Anyone planning on picking up the Usagi Yojimbo Saga?

http://www.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojimbo-...i+yojimbo+saga

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    Anyone planning on picking up the Usagi Yojimbo Saga?

http://www.amazon.com/Usagi-Yojimbo-...i+yojimbo+saga
    I've been contemplating it, but I've never actually read any Usagi Yojimbo. Like a lot of people, my only real exposure to him has been on the TMNT cartoon lol.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I've been contemplating it, but I've never actually read any Usagi Yojimbo. Like a lot of people, my only real exposure to him has been on the TMNT cartoon lol.
    Usagi is one of the few titles that survived the harsh environment of my country and it is already over the 10th trade I think (the other one is Walking dead, which just got reprinted, and that's really surprising around here.). I've only read one trade 4 years ago, but I liked that enough + it gets universal praise. If the hardcover will be over 600 pages like the paperback, for $50, I think that will be a really good deal.

Usagi is quite possibly the best ongoing action/adventure comic that's ever been done in the U.S.

Everyone should read it.

Usagi is definitely one of my favorite comics of all time. Indy titles don't survive past three publishers and nearly two hundred issues without being serious quality. Usagi is the second longest running American indy comic of all time (Cerebus being the first).

Many people only know Usagi from the TMNT cartoon, but that really isn't a fair impression of Usagi at all. Doesn't begin to convey who he is nor what the series is about.

I wrote a comprehensive introduction to the series for Amazon.com a few years back, if it's of any help: http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syl...r_title_full_4

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin
    Usagi is one of the few titles that survived the harsh environment of my country and it is already over the 10th trade I think
    He's up to his 28th trade in the USA.
    Last edited by shaxper; 06-16-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    Actually, he's up to his 28th trade
    I mean in Hungary.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

The announced HCs from the Dark horse solicitations:

Bob Powell's Complete Cave Girl HC
    Gardner Fox (W), James Vance (W), John Wooley (W), Mark Schultz (W), and Bob Powell (A)
    On sale Nov 5
    FC, 176 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 6 5/8" x 10 3/16"

The Borgias HC
    Alejandro Jodorowsky (W) and Milo Manara (A)
    On sale Nov 12
    FC, 216 pages
    $59.99
    HC, 8.375" x 10.875"
    • Introduction by Fábio Moon and Gabriel Bá!
    • The complete collaboration between legends Alejandro Jodorowsky (Metabarons, The Incal, Technopriests) and Milo Manara (Click!, Indian Summer)!
    • Translated by Blacksad translator Katie LaBarbera!
    • Preface by Jodorowsky!

Dishonored: The Dunwall Archives HC
    Arkane Studios (W/A)
    On sale NoMv 12
    FC, 184 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 7" x 9"

Grandville Noël HC
    Bryan Talbot (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 5
    FC, 104 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 8" x 11"

Hellboy: Weird Tales HC
    Mike Mignola (W/A/Cover), John Cassaday (W/A), J. H. Williams III (W/A), Craig Thompson (W/A), Evan Dorkin (W/A), Dave Stewart (C), Michelle Madsen (C), and others
    On sale Nov 26
    FC, 256 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 7" x 10"
    Collects Hellboy: Weird Tales Volumes 1 and 2.

MIND MGMT Volume 4: The Magician HC
    Matt Kindt (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 12
    FC, 168 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7" x 10"
    Collects MIND MGMT #19–#24 and a story from DHP #31. Includes special "Life and Times of Henry Lyme" issue!

Popular Skullture: The Skull Motif in Pulps, Paperbacks, and Comics HC
    Monte Beauchamp (W), Steven Heller (W), Wally Wood (A), Graham Ingels (A), Bill Everett (A), Frank R. Paul (A), George Rozen (A), Rudolph Belarski (A), Gerald Gregg (A), L. B. Cole (A), Matt Baker (A), Matt Fox (A), Margaret Brundage (A), Norm Saunders (A), and more!
    On sale Nov 5
    FC, 176 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 5 3/8" x 7 3/4"

Serenity: Leaves on the Wind HC
    Zack Whedon (W), Georges Jeanty (P), Karl Story (I), Fábio Moon (A), Laura Martin (C), and Dan Dos Santos (Cover)
    On sale Nov 5
    FC, 152 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7" x 10"

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Book One HC
    Yoshitaka Amano (W/A)
    On sale Oct 22
    FC, 144 pages
    $29.99
    HC, 10 5/8" x 11 5/8"*

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Book Two HC
    Yoshitaka Amano (W/A)
    On sale Nov 5
    FC, 276 pages
    $34.99
    HC, 10 5/8" x 11 5/8"*

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Book Three HC
    Yoshitaka Amano (W/A)
    On sale Nov 19
    FC, 156 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 10 5/8" x 11 5/8"*

Star Wars: Dark Times Gallery Edition HC
    Randy Stradley (W) and Douglas Wheatley (A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 5
    b&w, 248 pages
    $99.99
    HC, 9" x 13 1/4"

Tales of an Imperfect Future HC
    Alfonso Font (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 19
    b&w, 88 pages
    $17.99
    HC, 8.375" x 10.875"

Veil HC
    Greg Rucka (W) and Toni Fejzula (A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 12
    FC, 136 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7" x 10"
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

The Astro Boy Omnibi have dropped off the schedule! I hope they haven't been cancelled.