Page 103 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1818

Picked up the Predator hardcover today. It is indeed very nice.

I hope that eventually all of the miscellaneous Dark Horse Presents material that was collected in the omnibuses gets collected in hardcover/full size. Then I can toss those omnibuses.

I'm hoping that DH's LE's are such good sellers for them that they just release everything in that format, it's a fantastic format, they look excellent on the shelf and compaired to anything Marvel and dc are putting out such great value for money

All-New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to collecting the DH Eerie/Creepy series. I want to start collecting both series, but I'm curious as to what the difference is between the DH release and the Fantagraphics release. Which one would be better to pick up? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by oberatixx View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to collecting the DH Eerie/Creepy series. I want to start collecting both series, but I'm curious as to what the difference is between the DH release and the Fantagraphics release. Which one would be better to pick up? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Hey there!
    there is quite a bit of difference. The Fantagraphics line is standard size hardcovers in black and white and they collect stories based on creators and themes (horror, suspense, sci-fi etc) while the Dark horse books are oversized hardcovers in colour collecting the stories chronologically.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Hey there!
    there is quite a bit of difference. The Fantagraphics line is standard size hardcovers in black and white and they collect stories based on creators and themes (horror, suspense, sci-fi etc) while the Dark horse books are oversized hardcovers in colour collecting the stories chronologically.
    Thanks alot for the quick response!

Fantastic Member

Fantagraphics has a Creepy and Eerie line?

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Fantagraphics has a Creepy and Eerie line?
    hmm wait did I just confuse the EC stuff? I know there is something both publish but now I'm not sure what's what.

Fantastic Member

yeah I think you're thinking of the EC books...

Anyone know why some of the Chronicles of Conan trades are so much more expensive than others? Was going to start grabbing them, but if I'm not going to be able to get them all (eventually) I might not bother (stupid OCD).

Fantastic Member

quite a few of the Chronicles Of Conan volumes are out of print and will likely never be reprinted. I decided a long time ago I wanted the first 13 volumes or so and bought a bunch. Sadly, I've never been able to find vol's 4,6 and 8 for a reasonable price so I've got an incomplete set and it bugs me to no end...and even more are OOP now than were then.

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    quite a few of the Chronicles Of Conan volumes are out of print and will likely never be reprinted. I decided a long time ago I wanted the first 13 volumes or so and bought a bunch. Sadly, I've never been able to find vol's 4,6 and 8 for a reasonable price so I've got an incomplete set and it bugs me to no end...and even more are OOP now than were then.
    That's... annoying. Oh well, I'll not bother then, just keep my fingers crossed we get the material collected again in future, hopefully in some sort of 'Epic' sized format. Thanks for the heads up

I'm still surprised with some of the clunkers they are releasing as LE's (and I know balakin would disagree with me) that they haven't released any Cal Macdonald stuff, they released a casefiles vol 1 HC ages ago (very small size, DH small omni size) but never a vol 2, even if you don't particularly like Steve Niles, surely you must want to see Ben Templesmith and Kelly Jones reprinted in glorious extra large, on quality paper goodness?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I'm still surprised with some of the clunkers they are releasing as LE's (and I know balakin would disagree with me) that they haven't released any Cal Macdonald stuff, they released a casefiles vol 1 HC ages ago (very small size, DH small omni size) but never a vol 2, even if you don't particularly like Steve Niles, surely you must want to see Ben Templesmith and Kelly Jones reprinted in glorious extra large, on quality paper goodness?
    Even ilthough i've bsolutely despised criminal macabre I know niles is quite popular. I didn't really like grendel either but a proper sized collection is long overdue from that as well.
    What I wouldn't mind seeing is some of their tarzan stuff collected. I know they've put out older stuff in chunky trades but they had more modern runs they've only put out in the small omnis.

Does anyone here have 'King Conan: Wolves beyond' the Border TPB?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I used my 3% Loyalty Discount w/IST to pick up the Aliens and Predator Original Issues HCs
    I can get Alien vol.1 at Amazon later and hope for a damage free delivery.

Loyalty Discount.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime