Page 104 of 122 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1818
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just got my Dark Horse 30th Anniversary Aliens and Predator volumes(the Amazon one also showed) and I am loving the art on these. They take me back. I first read these out of $.50 cent bins in the early 90s so to see it in oversized format is glorious. The b&w of Aliens vol.1 is worth every penny! I can not wait for the Terminator set and hope a second Predator volume happens!!

The pages are on thick paper which is not glossy(I didn't know that) but my enthusiasm for these is not diminished because of that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

That was quick. Vol. 1 of Abe Sapien "Dark and Terrible" HC not even out and the next one is out in April next year already:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506703852...rds=dark+horse

There's also "Inside Moebius" vol. 1 as the next installment of the Moebius Library line.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506703208...ywords=Moebius

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    That was quick. Vol. 1 of Abe Sapien "Dark and Terrible" HC not even out and the next one is out in April next year already:
    That's good news, really is no need to hang around when releasing these books, get em' out I say

Just had my birthday and one of the gifts I received was the first 6 volumes of the Usagi Yojimbo Saga. Just finished the first one last night and gotta say I'm loving it. I missed (skipped) out when they were originally published, but very happy I'm able to catch up now.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

Incredible Member

So appparantly Dark Horse are putting out Hellboy in Omnibus format.

See: http://ew.com/books/2017/09/07/dark-...-mike-mignola/

Does anyone have anymore info on this? When Dark Horse usually puts out a book with "Omnibus" printed on it, it tends to be thick paperback collections, I'm hoping this isn't a replacement for the gorgeous library volumes of Hellboy.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Unless they reprint the bprd hardcovers i would rather them be softcover to match up with the bprd books. Either way i will happily be buying them

I believe this in reply to the omnibus editions.

https://twitter.com/artofmmignola/st...64329056444416

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    I believe this in reply to the omnibus editions.

https://twitter.com/artofmmignola/st...64329056444416
    Excellent. Thank you for finding that.

Interesting and tempting about the omnibus, but it will be hard to top the library editions.

don't get too excited guys, it's a tpb line

Looking LE on ebay and a few people seem to selling off there collections. They must think these are HCs

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just got my Dark Horse 30th Anniversary Aliens and Predator volumes(the Amazon one also showed) and I am loving the art on these. They take me back. I first read these out of $.50 cent bins in the early 90s so to see it in oversized format is glorious. The b&w of Aliens vol.1 is worth every penny! I can not wait for the Terminator set and hope a second Predator volume happens!!

The pages are on thick paper which is not glossy(I didn't know that) but my enthusiasm for these is not diminished because of that.
    Ha the paper was one of the highlights of that presentation for me! I always prefer matt to glossy, but especially for black and white art.

Would it be a good idea to buy BPRD 1946-1948 and the upcoming Hell on earth/abe sapien hardcovers before the go out of print while i wait for the hellboy omnibus?
    Last edited by RickyMeister; 09-15-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Would it be a good idea to buy BPRD 1946-1948 and the upcoming Hell on earth/abe sapien hardcovers before the go out of print while i wait for the hellboy omnibus?
    Yes, dark horse had shown repeated reluctance to reprint hardcover editing like BPRD once they hi out of print, they prefer to republish in softcover instead. So if a standard trim hardcover is preferable over a standard trim softcover pick these books up now.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Yes, dark horse had shown repeated reluctance to reprint hardcover editing like BPRD once they hi out of print, they prefer to republish in softcover instead. So if a standard trim hardcover is preferable over a standard trim softcover pick these books up now.
    Ordered my copy a couple of hours ago now it says out of stock. That was lucky