Page 105 of 122 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1818
    All-New Member

Anyone know anything about a collected edition of the Aliens/AvP/Predator/Prometheus "Life and Death?" Or an idea of how long it generally takes for them to come out after series end? It's my understanding the final comic released in April of this year. I just finished "Fire and Stone" and it gave me the damn Aliens itch again and I need to scratch it best I can but don't much want to buy the individual books/groups of four for almost forty bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedheart View Post
    Anyone know anything about a collected edition of the Aliens/AvP/Predator/Prometheus "Life and Death?" Or an idea of how long it generally takes for them to come out after series end? It's my understanding the final comic released in April of this year. I just finished "Fire and Stone" and it gave me the damn Aliens itch again and I need to scratch it best I can but don't much want to buy the individual books/groups of four for almost forty bucks.

Have you been buying the fancy HC reprints of the early Alien/Pred/terminator books? They will most certainly scratch that itch

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My Terminator volume came in and it's just as impressive as the others. Someone earlier mentioned the tease advertised for an AvP volume so I took a pic.
    Including a pic of all 4 side by side, along with Black Science to give others an idea of their size.
    DH Monster Books.jpg

DH Monster List.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

All-New Member

Nah. But I read all those when I was growing up and actually found the whole Aliens omnibus during my free trial of Comixology. I need new stuff lol. I did end up biting the bullet and buying the Rage War trilogy last night so hopefully that will satisfy this craving while I wait for Life and Death. I only recently got back into comics after about two decades.... but I'm honestly shocked at how many books there are with bad art. Even that Fire and Stone... most of the art styles were REALLY bad Prometheus was pretty ok and AvP wasn't bad... but Aliens was AWFUL and Predator was pretty mediocre. Or maybe I've been spoiled by the Marvel comics I've been reading lately... I dunno.

Have you by chance read through Aliens Dead Orbit or.... uh... Defiance? Deception? I guess I forget the title but it was a ten book series or so and the protagonist was a black chick... I think. Were they decent? I heard AvP Three World War (what a title...) was incredibly mediocre.

Nah. But I read all those when I was growing up and actually found the whole Aliens omnibus during my free trial of Comixology. I need new stuff lol. I did end up biting the bullet and buying the Rage War trilogy last night so hopefully that will satisfy this craving while I wait for Life and Death. I only recently got back into comics after about two decades.... but I'm honestly shocked at how many books there are with bad art. Even that Fire and Stone... most of the art styles were REALLY bad Prometheus was pretty ok and AvP wasn't bad... but Aliens was AWFUL and Predator was pretty mediocre. Or maybe I've been spoiled by the Marvel comics I've been reading lately... I dunno.

Have you by chance read through Aliens Dead Orbit or.... uh... Defiance? Deception? I guess I forget the title but it was a ten book series or so and the protagonist was a black chick... I think. Were they decent? I heard AvP Three World War (what a title...) was incredibly mediocre.

Aliens Defiance is a 12 issue series. The first 7 issues are amazing and the art is fantastic. Issue 8 onwards is a let down but still one of the better Aliens comics out there.

Aliens Dead Orbit is a 4 issue series that, of which, 3 have been published. Issue 4 is due at the end of Nov. Big delays on that one.
    So far Dead Orbit is I’m the running to be the best ‘Alien’ material since the first 2 films. In my opinion anyways. Art, story, inking and lettering all done by James Stokoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    My Terminator volume came in and it's just as impressive as the others. Someone earlier mentioned the tease advertised for an AvP volume so I took a pic.
    Including a pic of all 4 side by side, along with Black Science to give others an idea of their size.
    DH Monster Books.jpg

DH Monster List.jpg
    Where is that tease? Is it an advert in the new Terminator Vol ?

The tease is stated in text at the bottom center of pic #2 above.
    "Coming Soon: Aliens vs Predator"

The tease is stated in text at the bottom center of pic #2 above.
    "Coming Soon: Aliens vs Predator"
    I know. I want to know where that advert is from. I.e what did you photograph ? Please.
    Last edited by Russ840; 10-26-2017 at 10:13 AM.

All-New Member

I may check those out, too then. Really wish they would just give Blomkamp carte blanche so we could get a good film or three. Covenant was fine but I'm hearing the next one is even more about David and less about the alien. Aliens movies where the alien is not the focus (or important AT all)... How far must you fall, Scott! But c'est la vie. Cameron will always be better at Scott's franchise than Scott himself.

But how was the main character in Defiance? For me, the protagonists are generally the worst part of the Aliens universe. But, to be fair, I grew up on 80s action stars and my love of that crap has stayed with me. Dudes with big guns and catch one-liners saving the girl/world/whatever from random Big Bad #203. Aliens likes to stick us with untrained women that do better than the career soldiers for (I'm QUITE SURE) reasons that, for the life of me, I just have the hardest time caring about.

I may check those out, too then. Really wish they would just give Blomkamp carte blanche so we could get a good film or three. Covenant was fine but I'm hearing the next one is even more about David and less about the alien. Aliens movies where the alien is not the focus (or important AT all)... How far must you fall, Scott! But c'est la vie. Cameron will always be better at Scott's franchise than Scott himself.

But how was the main character in Defiance? For me, the protagonists are generally the worst part of the Aliens universe. But, to be fair, I grew up on 80s action stars and my love of that crap has stayed with me. Dudes with big guns and catch one-liners saving the girl/world/whatever from random Big Bad #203. Aliens likes to stick us with untrained women that do better than the career soldiers for (I'm QUITE SURE) reasons that, for the life of me, I just have the hardest time caring about.
    The main character, Private Zula Hendricks, is probably the best and most fleshed out protagonist of any Aliens comic. The three lead characters are all great.

@Russ840 - yes it's on the last page of the Terminator volume.

@Russ840 - yes it's on the last page of the Terminator volume.
    That’s great dude. Thanks.

Hopefully with tv show coming we will get a Umbrella Academy LE, too good a story to just have as trades

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Hopefully with tv show coming we will get a Umbrella Academy LE, too good a story to just have as trades
    Let's hope!

(Having a comic sort out) just noticed HB LE spines, instead of vol 7 being vol 7 it has been changed to Hellboy in Hell, but why?