Page 13 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    So my Euro bros, you all waiting to see what Books_Any/BooksanywhereUS price the Sin City book or ordering from Amerika?

UK brits can take their speedyhen and keep their twits closed! ;( /envy
    It's currently $70 on bookdepository.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    That's about 6$ more expensive than Amazon US.

I think i'll still waiut and see what Amazon UK stores will offer. If i can get it from 36-40£, that'd make it cheaper than the US/Bookdepository.

That's about 6$ more expensive than Amazon US.

I think i'll still waiut and see what Amazon UK stores will offer. If i can get it from 36-40£, that'd make it cheaper than the US/Bookdepository.
    I hope it will be around that price cause I just can't pull the triger right now (btw: BD's packaging is usually better than amazon's, I think that's worth the extra $6)

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    There are also pics on page 11 of this thread...
    Thanks, didn't see them.

Saw this on DH's blog. Gave me a laugh.
    Cinder block thick!

All-New Member

UK brits can take their speedyhen and keep their twits closed! ;( /envy
    Recently, about 50% of the books I get from Speedyhen arrived damaged due to some ridiculous packaging, my copy of Inhumanity OHC arrived in one of those thin cardboard packs with every corner bashed and even the top mangled, same with my AoA companion which was packed tightly with heavier cardboard but nothing to protect the corners at all.

Their prices may be good, but their packaging is pretty hit and miss.

Has anybody else had any problems with this?

BANNED

The vampire comic Strain is getting a hardcover collecting 12 first issues of the 24 issue run, any opinionshere regarding Del Totor's novel being adapted into a comic?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    70? Last time I checked it was $112.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    70? Last time I checked it was $112.
    It was $70 over the weekend, untill yesterday. now it went back to $112.

The vampire comic Strain is getting a hardcover collecting 12 first issues of the 24 issue run, any opinionshere regarding Del Totor's novel being adapted into a comic?
    I've read the first two novels, and the third has been on my bookshelf since release waiting for me to read it. I've enjoyed what I read, a bit of a different spin on vampires with some varied human protagonists and interesting lore. I reckon it would make a decent comic, its being made into a TV series currently.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by frogger View Post
    Recently, about 50% of the books I get from Speedyhen arrived damaged due to some ridiculous packaging, my copy of Inhumanity OHC arrived in one of those thin cardboard packs with every corner bashed and even the top mangled, same with my AoA companion which was packed tightly with heavier cardboard but nothing to protect the corners at all.

Their prices may be good, but their packaging is pretty hit and miss.

Has anybody else had any problems with this?
    Only ordered once and the package was great.
    I recall reading something from Martin NL on the General Omnibus thread about their client support being quite good (I might be mistaken though), so hopefully all will be fine!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Only ordered once and the package was great.
    I recall reading something from Martin NL on the General Omnibus thread about their client support being quite good (I might be mistaken though), so hopefully all will be fine!
    Yep, Speedyhen have pretty good customer service - they always get back to you very quickly and if you have problems with your order then they frequently offer a 10% discount at the very least.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    I've read the first two novels, and the third has been on my bookshelf since release waiting for me to read it. I've enjoyed what I read, a bit of a different spin on vampires with some varied human protagonists and interesting lore. I reckon it would make a decent comic, its being made into a TV series currently.
    It starts in a few weeks. Looks awesome. Also, didn't Del Toro do the graphic novel too?

All-New Member

I'm really interested to see some images of Robocop vs Terminator when somebody gets a copy. I'm very curious how the updated coloring looks.

BANNED

I ordered Big Damn Sin City from IST for $50 yesterday... and today sold all my Sin City TPBs for $75. Win-win.

Sight still unseen, I'd be happy with the purchase even if I couldn't sell the TPBs. (But I thought I'd probably be able to sell them quite easily.)

BDSC just looks incredibly awesome. I've nearly bought Colossal Conan for months now, after only ever reading the first issue of that series, simply because the Dark Horse deluxe Deluxe DELUXE editions look so awesome. But BDSC is even bigger than CC... and it's a classic series that I already love... and it has a cheaper cover price... and it was half-off at IST. Just an incredible deal.

Can't freaking wait to get this in the mail, sprawl out on my couch, and drag this monster onto my lap.