Page 17 of 122 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I think he means that DH will be losing the starwars license to Marvel in five months now that Disney owns both marvel and starwars.
    Yes, but what I believe Mobe1969 initially meant was that Dark Horse dropped the ball a long time ago by not publishing OHC sets of Star Wars. (His second reply was sarcasm in response to a sarcastic reply.)

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Anybody has the Star wars Legacy HC's? I'm a HUGE John Ostrander fan and I really like Star wars so I'm slapping myself for not noticing that Ostrander wrote a Star wars comic. Is it the regular Ostrander quality? And how is the hc itself?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Anybody has the Star wars Legacy HC's? I'm a HUGE John Ostrander fan and I really like Star wars so I'm slapping myself for not noticing that Ostrander wrote a Star wars comic. Is it the regular Ostrander quality? And how is the hc itself?
    I haven't actually read them yet so I can't speak to the quality of the stories, but the hardcovers are undersized like the Star War Omnibus TPBs. The binding is a little tight but not bad enough that the book closes on its own. The artwork looks fantastic and doesn't really seem to suffer from the smaller size so I think you're safe in picking them up if you're interested.

Can't complain about the build quality for the price. As for the contents, I found them pretty boring. The ending especially feels very rushed and a lot of threads don't go anywhere, I believe due to Ostrander having the book pulled from him early and having to quickly wrap things up. The setting showed a lot of promise, but not enough universe building and too much focus on characters I didn't care about made it a bit of a chore to get through in one big chunk.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
    What size is the hardcover? Standard, oversized, or LE/Absolute size?
    I'm planning to get it either way, but I'm wondering exactly how excited I should be. :P
    The Robocop vs Terminator hardcover is standard size. I laid it over my standard sized DC hardcovers and they measure the exact same size.

Quote Originally Posted by robotrooster View Post
    The Robocop vs Terminator hardcover is standard size. I laid it over my standard sized DC hardcovers and they measure the exact same size.
    Oh. Pardon me then
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

The solicited hardcovers from Dark horse:

Athena Voltaire Compendium HC
    Steve Bryant (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Dec 10
    HC, 240 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7” x 10”

Dream Logic HC
    David Mack (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Dec 10
    FC, 240 pages
    $34.99
    HC, 9” x 12”

Harvey Kurtzman’s Jungle Book: Essential Kurtzman Volume 1 HC
    Harvey Kurtzman (W/A/Cover), Gilbert Shelton (W), R. Crumb (W), Pete Poplaski (W), and Denis Kitchen (W)
    On sale Dec 3
    FC, 176 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 6 1/2" x 11”

Tiger Lung HC
    Simon Roy (W/A/Cover) and Jason Wordie (W/C)
    On sale Dec 3
    FC, 88 pages
    $15.99
    HC, 6” x 9”

Trilogy USA HC
    Yves H. (W) and Hermann (A/Cover)
    On sale Dec 17
    FC, 160 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 8 1/2” x 11 1/2”

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    The solicited hardcovers from Dark horse:

Athena Voltaire Compendium HC
    Steve Bryant (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Dec 10
    HC, 240 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7” x 10”

Dream Logic HC
    David Mack (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Dec 10
    FC, 240 pages
    $34.99
    HC, 9” x 12”

Harvey Kurtzman’s Jungle Book: Essential Kurtzman Volume 1 HC
    Harvey Kurtzman (W/A/Cover), Gilbert Shelton (W), R. Crumb (W), Pete Poplaski (W), and Denis Kitchen (W)
    On sale Dec 3
    FC, 176 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 6 1/2" x 11”

Tiger Lung HC
    Simon Roy (W/A/Cover) and Jason Wordie (W/C)
    On sale Dec 3
    FC, 88 pages
    $15.99
    HC, 6” x 9”

Trilogy USA HC
    Yves H. (W) and Hermann (A/Cover)
    On sale Dec 17
    FC, 160 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 8 1/2” x 11 1/2”
    A Library Edition sized HC adaption of Dream logic? Nice! For those not familiar with it
    http://www.newsarama.com/5387-analyt...eam-logic.html
    it's basically David Mack publishing sketches, new art, some short stories and tons of extras for Icon. I never had a chance to pick it up then but I may pick it up now. David Mack is a very fascinating artist

A Library Edition sized HC adaption of Dream logic? Nice! For those not familiar with it
    http://www.newsarama.com/5387-analyt...eam-logic.html
    it's basically David Mack publishing sketches, new art, some short stories and tons of extras for Icon. I never had a chance to pick it up then but I may pick it up now. David Mack is a very fascinating artist
    Hear hear! I loved Mack's work on his various Kabuki books. Thanks for the heads-up.

IST didn't have one of my books in stock so I opted to go ahead and get the Dragon Age Library Edition. I haven't read it yet, but it's pretty thin for a Library Edition.
    Also I don't see why you'd go for a big format for this if you're just going to waste page space like this:
    photo(8).jpg
    The Mass Effect one did this too, but it took up more of the page (I checked for reference), but the covers are full page. Just seems weird to me, since the actual comic basically is still the same size.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    IST didn't have one of my books in stock so I opted to go ahead and get the Dragon Age Library Edition. I haven't read it yet, but it's pretty thin for a Library Edition.
    Also I don't see why you'd go for a big format for this if you're just going to waste page space like this:
    photo(8).jpg
    The Mass Effect one did this too, but it took up more of the page (I checked for reference), but the covers are full page. Just seems weird to me, since the actual comic basically is still the same size.
    Oh that is just horrible.

photo(8).jpg
    They did this with the Avatar LEs as well. Made me unhappy.

photo(8).jpg
    Yikes, I've been tempted to get both books, but after seeing that I'm not too impressed. How did you enjoy the stories?

Don't know if anyone had mentioned it but I received Big Damn Sin City from Amazon this morning, and Dark Horse evidently ship them in cardboard boxes for protection. Which is really nice. Also shout out to Amazon for not only keeping the box on when they ship, but putting it shrinkwrapped to a piece of cardboard so it doesn't move around. Came in a huge, solid box too. Those shipping complaints might be working?

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Don't know if anyone had mentioned it but I received Big Damn Sin City from Amazon this morning, and Dark Horse evidently ship them in cardboard boxes for protection. Which is really nice. Also shout out to Amazon for not only keeping the box on when they ship, but putting it shrinkwrapped to a piece of cardboard so it doesn't move around. Came in a huge, solid box too. Those shipping complaints might be working?

Amazon sent mine in that cardboard box, but came packed with 20 of those lousy air bags or pillows (don't know exactly what they are called). Just one corner of the box was dinged and the book was flawless, so the packing was, in the end, somewhat effective.
    Last edited by JohnHorus; 07-17-2014 at 07:46 PM.