Page 18 of 122 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Yikes, I've been tempted to get both books, but after seeing that I'm not too impressed. How did you enjoy the stories?
    Haven't read Dragon Age yet, Mass Effect was just kinda meh for me. I think most of the stories came out during Mass Effect 2 and in between that and 3, so they couldn't do any "real" stories, so it's basically a buncha made up characters and the Illusive Man (who I've never really cared for, it all wound up being too try-hard to make you feel bad for him or whatever). And the origin issues I just didn't care for. It's just all kinda forgettable, not really bad, it definitely could have been worse.

I'm hoping that now that the original trilogy of games is over they can do better story-wise since the characters aren't locked in for games anymore (in theory). The first issue of Foundations looked like it was on the right foot. I'm hoping that since it's 13 issues that it'll get the Library or some kind of HC treatment when it's through.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Amazon sent mine in that cardboard box, but came packed with 20 of those lousy air bags or pillows (don't know exactly what they are called). Just one corner of the box was dinged and the book was flawless, so the packing was, in the end, somewhat effective.
    I forgot to cancel my Amazon order for BDSC (and Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus). Both books came packaged the same way as yours with the air bags. BDSC did not have that box over it. It was just both books and the air bags. As a result, the side of the box was torn open and you could open it as if it were a flap. The box was still sealed by the tape they used, although it did no good to prevent the side from being torn. Both books were damaged (with IG Omnibus receiving the brunt of it).

Needless to say, I am returning them to Amazon.

I got my copy of 'Robocop Vs The Terminator'.

Loverly book. I'm not usually a fan of standard size trim but being that the paper Is great quality and it's a sewn binding, I'm happy.

Colours are great and I can't wait to read it ( never have before so it will be a new experience )

I'd like a reprint of the first AVP comic at this standard.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth61787 View Post
    I forgot to cancel my Amazon order for BDSC (and Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus). Both books came packaged the same way as yours with the air bags. BDSC did not have that box over it. It was just both books and the air bags. As a result, the side of the box was torn open and you could open it as if it were a flap. The box was still sealed by the tape they used, although it did no good to prevent the side from being torn. Both books were damaged (with IG Omnibus receiving the brunt of it).

Needless to say, I am returning them to Amazon.
    My absolute number one rule with Amazon is to never have two books shipped in the same box! Two times this happened to me and the books were an absolute mess! Never again!

My absolute number one rule with Amazon is to never have two books shipped in the same box! Two times this happened to me and the books were an absolute mess! Never again!
    I've purposely made two separate orders on the same day in order to have Amazon not put more than one book in a box, only to Amazon combine the order and ship two books in a box. Of course they didn't use any packing material to protect the books--I guess one book is supposed to protect the other book from damage???

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    That's what I figured you were talking about. I had the whole collection at one time and they're great. I bought them used (so they'd been read) and read them myself a few times before putting them up on Ebay.

You won't be disappointed.

If you don't like the new OHC - and yes it is freakin' big - then you could try to get the OHC Library Edition sets (there's 2 volumes worth. They used to go on Ebay for as much as $200 each (cover price $99), but I imagine they're going to drop in value now that the OHC is out.
    Okay, they just arrived and I'm in love with these trades.

I knew the stories themselves were amazing, but the quality of the books themselves, the paper quality and how sturdy they look is just awesome. The painted covers are also great, especially when compared to how awful the more recent collected editions of Sin City actually look (the most recent ones with the all-white cover/lazy Miller drawing are the worst, in my opinion).

For people like me who didn't want to get the monstrous Big Damn Sin City edition and like to collect the yarns individually, seek these out through Amazon's marketplace. The best part is that most of them go for 5 bucks AT MOST.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I don't get that Amazon doesn't try a harder with their packaging. I mean, with all the replacements and discounts they throw around to keep the customers hapoy you'd think it would be way cheaper to just package a bit better
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I don't get that Amazon doesn't try a harder with their packaging. I mean, with all the replacements and discounts they throw around to keep the customers hapoy you'd think it would be way cheaper to just package a bit better
    Well I imagine most people that order stuff aren't collectors and aren't as anal about what condition their stuff arrives in, or they get it so cheap they don't care. And most of us Americans wind up getting our stuff from them super fast so it isn't spending as much time being manhandled by various postage systems and whatnot. So while some of you guys are basically getting almost everything you order damaged and returned, there is a larger amount of people who have no issue with their shipments (myself included) so I'm sure it all evens out in the end, especially since they're raising their profit margins now.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Well I imagine most people that order stuff aren't collectors and aren't as anal about what condition their stuff arrives in, or they get it so cheap they don't care. And most of us Americans wind up getting our stuff from them super fast so it isn't spending as much time being manhandled by various postage systems and whatnot. So while some of you guys are basically getting almost everything you order damaged and returned, there is a larger amount of people who have no issue with their shipments (myself included) so I'm sure it all evens out in the end, especially since they're raising their profit margins now.
    It's just because not enough people can be bothered to send things back, if everyone sent things back when they arrived damaged you can be sure that Amazon would send them out bomb-proof, of course we'd end up footing the bill one way or another.

I send anything back that doesn't arrive how it left the warehouse, if I buy something listed as new why would I accept it with dinged corners or a scuffed dust-jacket?, it goes back for a replacement. I don't like it when they offer me a discount on the book and then seem surprised when I reject it, how the books look on display is a big part of my collecting, if I wanted a used copy of the book on the shelf then I'd have gone and got one off of eBay.

Fantastic Member

Yeah I've ordered about 50 books from amazon the past couple years and only one of them came damaged at all...

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Yeah I've ordered about 50 books from amazon the past couple years and only one of them came damaged at all...
    I get about one in five packages these days with damage from amazon.

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Just spotted this image in this interview with Mignola: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54220

Before anyone gets too excited, it does say 'mockup' in the file name, but could this mean more BPRD omnibuses are on the way? Please DH, I can't take it anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    Just spotted this image in this interview with Mignola: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54220

Before anyone gets too excited, it does say 'mockup' in the file name, but could this mean more BPRD omnibuses are on the way? Please DH, I can't take it anymore!
    i've been holding off on the trades in hope for exactly this.
    formerly 'weeks'

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post

Awesome!
    Other related awesome news from Eric Powell's facebook:
    Just announced at #sdcc ... IDW will be doing a Goon: Chinatown Artist Edition!
    As much as I'm happy about this, it just really makes me want Goon Library Editions more! Come on DH! The Goon deserves it!

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    i've been holding off on the trades in hope for exactly this.
    Same here; haven't read any BPRD outside of the 4 Plague of Frogs HCs!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Awesome!
    Other related awesome news from Eric Powell's facebook:

As much as I'm happy about this, it just really makes me want Goon Library Editions more! Come on DH! The Goon deserves it!
    This. The Goon is easily as deserving as Conan or Fear Agent when it comes to getting a nice OHC.