Page 19 of 122 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    Same here; haven't read any BPRD outside of the 4 Plague of Frogs HCs!

This. The Goon is easily as deserving as Conan or Fear Agent when it comes to getting a nice OHC.
    Yeah, I can't wait to add another BPRD HC to my shelf. And a Goon LE is certainly a thing that needs to happen soon.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

The Goon is one of my top candidates for new LE's. I'd also like Baltimore in LE and of course some Star Wars LE's (come on Star wars Legacy!)
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Just ordered Big Damn Sin City for £46. My first non-Marvel omnibus. Loved the film but never read any of the books so can't wait to get into it!

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The Goon is one of my top candidates for new LE's. I'd also like Baltimore in LE and of course some Star Wars LE's (come on Star wars Legacy!)
    Sadly we won't be seeing any Star Wars LEs, what with the licence going back to Marvel

From what I've read, Dark Horse don't have the right to publish any Star Wars material after this December, but retain ownership of all the Star Wars content they've produced (unless Disney/Marvel buy back that content). I really hope the Dark Horse Star Wars comics don't fall into a copyright black hole similar to Marvel titles like ROM the Spaceknight or Master of Kung Fu; i.e. where they own the actual comics, but not the licensing rights to actually do anything with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Iron Tarkus View Post
    Sadly we won't be seeing any Star Wars LEs, what with the licence going back to Marvel

From what I've read, Dark Horse don't have the right to publish any Star Wars material after this December, but retain ownership of all the Star Wars content they've produced (unless Disney/Marvel buy back that content). I really hope the Dark Horse Star Wars comics don't fall into a copyright black hole similar to Marvel titles like ROM the Spaceknight or Master of Kung Fu; i.e. where they own the actual comics, but not the licensing rights to actually do anything with them.
    Yeah, no way will Marvel pay for the content. Dark Horse can sell until Jan, and of course there'll be copies floating around stores for a while afterwards, but I wouldn't wait if I had my heart set on something.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    The Goon and Baltimore is at the very top of my list for LE. I tweeted dark horse last month and Scot Allie responded to me that there aren't any plans yet for Goon LE. The trades are selling well and maybe one day. Bloody hell!

Goon fans need to flood Scot Allie's twitter and DEMAND Goon LE!
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Yeah, no way will Marvel pay for the content. Dark Horse can sell until Jan, and of course there'll be copies floating around stores for a while afterwards, but I wouldn't wait if I had my heart set on something.
    Well, first off, Marvel will pay for anything if it makes them more money. This is, after all, the House of the Mouse we're talking about.

Now, if in fact that it is the case that Marvel can't reprint any DH-related Star Wars stuff (which I'm not entirely sure that's the case - remember DH was publishing Marvel stuff when the license agreement changed hands), then I do see Dark Horse eventually selling off the content to Marvel if Marvel wants it. I mean, what else is DH going to do with it? They certainly aren't going to be able to publish it. They might as well recoup some of the money they're going to lose to Marvel when they can no longer publish SW stories.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 07-26-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    The Goon and Baltimore is at the very top of my list for LE. I tweeted dark horse last month and Scot Allie responded to me that there aren't any plans yet for Goon LE. The trades are selling well and maybe one day. Bloody hell!

Goon fans need to flood Scot Allie's twitter and DEMAND Goon LE!
    Of course the trades are selling well, if you are not into floppies there is no other option!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Well, first off, Marvel will pay for anything if it makes them more money. This is, after all, the House of the Mouse we're talking about.

Now, if in fact that it is the case that Marvel can't reprint any DH-related Star Wars stuff (which I'm not entirely sure that's the case - remember DH was publishing Marvel stuff when the license agreement changed hands), then I do see Dark Horse eventually selling off the content to Marvel if Marvel wants it. I mean, what else is DH going to do with it? They certainly aren't going to be able to publish it. They might as well recoup some of the money they're going to lose to Marvel when they can no longer publish SW stories.
    I'm purely speculating based on what I've been able to dig up; I haven't read the original contract between DH & LucasFilm. I did find this article, with an interesting quote from a DH spokesman: “Per our original contract with LucasFilm, reprints/usage of Dark Horse published material would require Disney to purchase the original files directly from Dark Horse.”

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Yeah, I can't wait to add another BPRD HC to my shelf. And a Goon LE is certainly a thing that needs to happen soon.
    On this topic: If you buy the six Hellboy Library Editions and the four BRPD HCs, do you own pretty much the complete Hellboy universe through 2010?

There's something very attractive about that concept to the completist in me. I've never read Hellboy before, but I enjoyed pre-Hellboy Mignola & my wife and I love the movies.

Feel free to refer me upthread if this has been asked and answered before.

PS: Since I've never posted in this thread before, I'll add that:
    (1) The Mind MGMT HCs are the most beautifully-assembled books on the market right now
    (2) I ordered the HC of The Star Wars, I'm pretty excited about it
    Last edited by krisis; 07-27-2014 at 08:42 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    On this topic: If you buy the six Hellboy Library Editions and the four BRPD HCs, do you own pretty much the complete Hellboy universe through 2010?

Feel free to refer me upthread if this has been asked and answered before.

PS: Since I've never posted in this thread before, I'll add that:
    (1) The MGMT HCs are the most beautifully assembled books on the market right now
    (2) I ordered the HC of The Star Wars, I'm pretty excited about it
    You'll pretty much have all of Hellboy minus the standalone HCs (there's only two), in Hell and random crossovers. You can get the Masks and Monsters TPB to get BAtman/Starman/Ghost and theres a Savage Dragon one. There's a lot more BPRD but I haven't gotten into it besides the 4 HCs and don't know if that fills you 2010 quota or not.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    You'll pretty much have all of Hellboy minus the standalone HCs (there's only two), in Hell and random crossovers. You can get the Masks and Monsters TPB to get BAtman/Starman/Ghost and theres a Savage Dragon one. There's a lot more BPRD but I haven't gotten into it besides the 4 HCs and don't know if that fills you 2010 quota or not.

The two standalone HCs being House of the Living Dead and Midnight Circus?
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Yeah, you'll also be missing the Weird Tales (non-canon shorts by various creative teams). They're in 2 TPBs, but are also being collected as a normal-sized HC this November. Hellboy/Batman/Starman is also in the Starman Omnibus vol.4.

In terms of BPRD, it gets complicated, but I think the four HCs collected most of it up to 2010, apart from the 1946-48 series. There are also assorted Abe Sapien, Lobster Johnson, Sledgehammer 44 and Witchfinder series that fit into the Hellboy universe. I really would love a consistent range of HCs in the same format and trade dress as the Plague of Frogs books; it's confusing as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    The two standalone HCs being House of the Living Dead and Midnight Circus?
    Yes.

10 chars.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Amazing Member

Has anyone posted pictures of the Robocop vs Terminator Gallery Edition yet?