Page 21 of 122 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    This has kept me from getting the Library Edition. I'm still holding out hope they'll release omnibuses like BPRD, but I'll probably end up just getting the regular TPB.
    Don't let that keep you away! LE's are probably one of the best HC's being produced
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Don't let that keep you away! LE's are probably one of the best HC's being produced
    Definitely! Just great books in every way...

Fantastic Member

Man those Usagi hardcover collections are just what the doctor ordered. Wish Lone Wolf and Cub could get something like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yeah all my other ones are perfect. Just sitting on the shelf they're fine. I think either my kids or wife spilled some kind of mix or batter or something on the one. But yeah, no, buy them. Buy all of them.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Picking up hellboy vol 3 soon

Well my patience has finally paid off. I was able to FINALLY grab up a reasonable priced Art of Hellboy Library Edition "like new" for only $35 off the Amazon marketplace. Hopefully it doesn't take forever to get here and survives the trip to me.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Also apparently IST is relocating to Memphis, TN so they're having a moving sale. Seems like Dark Horse has the biggest discount as everything is 45% off, so if you've been holding out on some of these (especially Library Editions) now seems like a good time to grab some up.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Thanks for the heads up! I was looking at a sale notice earlier, but didn't really grasp which brands were on the deepest discount.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Do Speedyhen ever get things back in after they're listed as 'Out of Stock'? They always say 'more expected soon' but in the past they've always just sat on the order for a couple of months then cancelled on me. Just unlucky? Looking to order Big Damn Sin City and that seems to be the cheapest place.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Do Speedyhen ever get things back in after they're listed as 'Out of Stock'? They always say 'more expected soon' but in the past they've always just sat on the order for a couple of months then cancelled on me. Just unlucky? Looking to order Big Damn Sin City and that seems to be the cheapest place.
    If it's in print still then they can order more easily, they've always sent my 'Out of Stock' items pretty quickly. If it's something that's hard to find on it's way towards being out of print then no they won't get any more back in.

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    If it's in print still then they can order more easily, they've always sent my 'Out of Stock' items pretty quickly. If it's something that's hard to find on it's way towards being out of print then no they won't get any more back in.
    Yeah, they're pretty good at getting stock back in, so long as their suppliers still have stock. They've surprised me a few times with Humanoids books in particular. That said, they did just cancel my order for Zorro: The Complete Alex Toth, but that book is 12-13 years OOP!

Some of the smaller publishers also have books on sale for an extra 8% off. The jump should be from 30% to 38% if I'm not mistaken.

I'm tempted to start the Mind Mgmt series along with continuing my collecting of the Hellboy series, but I'm reluctant to put money down on it and it getting a better edition in the future.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Some of the smaller publishers also have books on sale for an extra 8% off. The jump should be from 30% to 38% if I'm not mistaken.

I'm tempted to start the Mind Mgmt series along with continuing my collecting of the Hellboy series, but I'm reluctant to put money down on it and it getting a better edition in the future.
    The current Mind MGMT volumes are beautiful. Probably my favorite editions of anything being released right now. Lovely spot varnish accents on the solid, heavy covers that extend the perfect distance out from the page block. Dull, matte pages that perfectly carry Kindt's watercolors without feeling too coarse or absorbent. Sewn signatures bound perfectly square. A smattering of ads and extra stories at the end.

I frankly don't care if they later come out bigger or with tricked-out features. I'd be happy to own every comic in a format like this, though for digital color I prefer glossy paper.

Also, Kindt's work is stunning. Each of the three volumes starts slowly and turns into a gut punch.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    The current Mind MGMT volumes are beautiful. Probably my favorite editions of anything being released right now. Lovely spot varnish accents on the solid, heavy covers that extend the perfect distance out from the page block. Dull, matte pages that perfectly carry Kindt's watercolors without feeling too coarse or absorbent. Sewn signatures bound perfectly square. A smattering of ads and extra stories at the end.

I frankly don't care if they later come out bigger or with tricked-out features. I'd be happy to own every comic in a format like this, though for digital color I prefer glossy paper.

Also, Kindt's work is stunning. Each of the three volumes starts slowly and turns into a gut punch.
    Wow, thank you for such detailed feedback. Consider me convinced. I have no doubt I'll be thoroughly satisfied with this edition.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Wow, thank you for such detailed feedback. Consider me convinced. I have no doubt I'll be thoroughly satisfied with this edition.
    Seconding the Mind MGMT recommendation. Kindt and Dark Horse put plenty of care into that book. The art and story make it a top 3 current book imo. I get it in single issues and the hardcovers. Vol. 3 even has a fold out for the awesome four page spread he did. If you want I can post pics of one of the books when I get off work in the morning.