Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I've been eyeing that one for a while. What's actually collected in it? Can you also post some pics?
    It collects every story Billy Batson has mentioned and other short comics that are equally awesome and surrealistic. And I can post pics, obviously.

20140507_200544.jpg

If you want more, just ask.
    Attached Images Attached Images

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    It collects every story Billy Batson has mentioned and other short comics that are equally awesome and surrealistic. And I can post pics, obviously.

20140507_200544.jpg

If you want more, just ask.
    Wow, it's big! Seems higher than HC's like Snowpiercer and Vertigo Deluxe's. I think I'm definitely going to buy that when the money comes in
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Wow, it's big! Seems higher than HC's like Snowpiercer and Vertigo Deluxe's. I think I'm definitely going to buy that when the money comes in
    It's almost as high as my Absolute editions of Watchmen, TDKR, and All-Star Super-Man. Have you ever seen one of those? They're high, high.

It's almost as high as my Absolute editions of Watchmen, TDKR, and All-Star Super-Man. Have you ever seen one of those? They're high, high.
    That's awesome. So about library edition height? I myself have Absolute Watchmen and my copy of Sixth gun deluxe (seemable higher than absolute) will come in tomorrow and I love books that size, they feel and look so fancy
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

That's awesome. So about library edition height? I myself have Absolute Watchmen and my copy of Sixth gun deluxe (seemable higher than absolute) will come in tomorrow and I love books that size, they feel and look so fancy
    280x197 mmm. If that's the size of a library edition, yes. Can't say it by myself since I don't have any of those that I know. Anyway, hardcovers like this makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with the world when companies like Marvel and DC can get away with those regular HCs with only 6 issues for a higher price.

Welcome to the Dark horse hardcover and collected editions thread! Now that we have a forum we can expand to include independent publishers, so here's the first one, of Dark horse.
    Wow I was wondering if you'd end up making your own Dark Horse thread since no one had responded when you asked the other day. I'm glad you did and good luck keeping it up to date. I should venture out of my subscribed threads more often, because I had no idea this existed until today lol. Earlier today I placed an order for Hellboy LE 1 & 2 along with BPRD: Plague of Frogs HC 2. Looking forward to getting them.

280x197 mmm. If that's the size of a library edition, yes. Can't say it by myself since I don't have any of those that I know. Anyway, hardcovers like this makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with the world when companies like Marvel and DC can get away with those regular HCs with only 6 issues for a higher price.
    I can only imagine it has to do with the larger print runs and having to pay their talent more, but yes it is sad that smaller companies can better cheaper books.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Go the first Blacksad book today, I had already ordered the follow up earlier in the week but if I hadn't I would have got on amazon asap. What a fantastic book, and I haven't read it yet. Can see why it's universally acclaimed.

Spectacular Member

Anybody heard anything about Buffy Season 9 Hardcovers? Held off on buying the trades out of fear of double dipping. Now I'm wondering if I should buy the trades to have the story.
    trying to be nicer

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    I can only imagine it has to do with the larger print runs and having to pay their talent more, but yes it is sad that smaller companies can better cheaper books.
    Larger print runs makes things cheaper. The reason is plain and simple greed. Squeeze the buyer for all he can, and give him nothing but ads. How many shareholders and executives need a chunk of every Marvel book compared to Dark Horse?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Go the first Blacksad book today, I had already ordered the follow up earlier in the week but if I hadn't I would have got on amazon asap. What a fantastic book, and I haven't read it yet. Can see why it's universally acclaimed.
    The two oversized Blacksad books are some of my favourite books in my collection. Absolutely gorgeous artwork. Every page is a treat.

For those in the know, how are the qualities of the Lone Wolf and Cub omnis? Anybody have thoughts on these? They look way too thick but I have way too many holes in the smaller collected editions so im thinking the omnis might be the better way to go after the whole series.

Quote Originally Posted by Penoy View Post
    For those in the know, how are the qualities of the Lone Wolf and Cub omnis? Anybody have thoughts on these? They look way too thick but I have way too many holes in the smaller collected editions so im thinking the omnis might be the better way to go after the whole series.
    I don't have them but I've heard they're pretty good. Good paper and larger pages than original, the spine is pretty fragile though

I don't have them but I've heard they're pretty good. Good paper and larger pages than original, the spine is pretty fragile though
    Yeah, they're definitely for reading rather than looking pretty on a shelf. Unless you put a lot of effort in, you'll almost certainly have creases in the spine by the time you've finished a volume. If you're buying them for the content though, they're top notch. Portable too

For anyone whose looking to buy the BPRD Plague of Frog HC's can find someone selling all 4 on ebay. He recently reposted after he only got a few bids that didn't meet the "reserve". Details say they're NM and have been read once and sat on a shelf.