Page 5 of 122 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Black Beetle and the Amazing Screw-on Head (unless you wanna count that as Hellboy since it's by Mignola). There's also the Mass Effect Library Edition if you like Mass Effect, but definitely the first two I listed.
    Black Beetle sounds familiar. I'll look into it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    And don't forget Mind MGMT either. Great ongoing by Matt Kindt, with vol. 3 out later this month.
    The only thing I've read by Kindt was Revolver, and I found that to be... boring and devoid of any substance both in regards to story and art. But I've heard some great stuff about Mind MGMT. Is it very different than Revolver?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Besides Hellboy, BRPD, Fear Agent, Conan and Blacksad, are there any other books people would recommend from Dark Horse that is available in HC?
    Best of Milligan & McCarthy.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Dark Horse is going to publish David Rubín's El Héroe in English. A highly recommendable comic. Here are three pages.

Never owned a DarkHorse hardback but I'll definitely be picking up Big Damn Sin City on release before the second movie hits.
    Need to get rid of my 2 Sin City trades I never touched before that happens, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Never owned a DarkHorse hardback but I'll definitely be picking up Big Damn Sin City on release before the second movie hits.
    Need to get rid of my 2 Sin City trades I never touched before that happens, hehe.
    Definitely look up the Fear agent Library editions and Hellboy Library editions. Conan is also awesome
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Definitely look up the Fear agent Library editions and Hellboy Library editions. Conan is also awesome
    Yeah I'd really say FA and Hellboy are pretty much "must-haves" imho...and I'm about a third of the way through Colossal Conan and honestly I'm pretty blown away by how good it is. The artwork in general is great - often jaw-droppingly so...but the writing is just fantastic too! I wasn't expecting to enjoy it quite as much as I am, and I'm a huge REH/Conan fan.

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Yeah I'd really say FA and Hellboy are pretty much "must-haves" imho...and I'm about a third of the way through Colossal Conan and honestly I'm pretty blown away by how good it is. The artwork in general is great - often jaw-droppingly so...but the writing is just fantastic too! I wasn't expecting to enjoy it quite as much as I am, and I'm a huge REH/Conan fan.
    They definitely sound like must haves from all the reception they get on this forum. They're on my want list for sure.
    I've been keeping an eye on Busiek's books lately, got myself Untold Tales of SM and been wanting his Avengers HC's for awhile now. Colossal Conan might be on that list as well.

Fantastic Member

Hellboy is the best comic I've ever read. It seems to perfectly fit my particular sensibilities or something - I just love it. Fear Agent is more of an action-packed thrill ride...super fun, but doesn't have the same sort of "mythic" under-pinnings that HB has.

Apart from the great art and writing, FA, HB and Conan also have what I might say a few of the best collections in Hc you're gonna find. Great paper, bindings and overall good prices

BANNED

Besides Hellboy, BRPD, Fear Agent, Conan and Blacksad, are there any other books people would recommend from Dark Horse that is available in HC?
    A ton of their reprint stuff. Too much for me to keep up with. Also Empowered.

Fantastic Member

Apart from the great art and writing, FA, HB and Conan also have what I might say a few of the best collections in Hc you're gonna find. Great paper, bindings and overall good prices
    absolutely. They are all books that I feel really proud to display on the bookshelves. Physically impressive specimens for sure...

Black Beetle sounds familiar. I'll look into it, thanks.

The only thing I've read by Kindt was Revolver, and I found that to be... boring and devoid of any substance both in regards to story and art. But I've heard some great stuff about Mind MGMT. Is it very different than Revolver?
    Black Beetle has amazing Francavilla art.

If you didn't like revolver you might not like Mind MGMT. The art styles are the same. Personally, Mind MGMT is one of the best comics I have ever read, but I've loved everything I've read of Kindt's.

Incredible Member

Best of Milligan & McCarthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    Black Beetle has amazing Francavilla art.

If you didn't like revolver you might not like Mind MGMT. The art styles are the same. Personally, Mind MGMT is one of the best comics I have ever read, but I've loved everything I've read of Kindt's.
    Thanks. Yeah, I might skip Mind MGMT. I really did not like Revolver.

Thanks. Yeah, I might skip Mind MGMT. I really did not like Revolver.
    The art took me a little while to get in to, but it fits the story so well! Think x-files and fringe-like story. Maybe just read the first issue digitally and I think you'll be hooked by the end of the issue.

I just got Hellboy Library 1 & 2 in the mail. Absolutely gorgeous. The paper is thick and not overly glossy. The sewn binding is well done and I noticed the difference right away between Hellboy and Powers Definitive, which uses glue. Now to find shelf space....