Page 51 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Started Hellboy two days ago (found the first trade cheap), loving it so far! 1 more issue left, if I still like it im going for Library editions.
    If you like the first trade, you gonna love the rest! As MartinNL wrote, it just gets better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Sweet, sweet Hellboy... some of the best comics ever made. Nothing can touch mignola drawing them but all the various artists have added their own flavor to the mix. I just wish there was a little better organization in the LEs for reading order but this is a minor quibble.
    I LOVE Mignola but sometimes I prefer Fegredo's art on the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    If you like the first trade, you gonna love the rest! As MartinNL wrote, it just gets better and better.

Really curious now! Seems like an awesome series and based on the opinions of you guys I'm probably picking up the first library edition soon (you have no idea how much books I bought on recommendation of you all haha).
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

I listened to a podcast he was on back in March 2014. The guy is really interesting and the way he goes about forming a storyline is so loose and haphazard lol. Hellboy just happened to be the first character he drew that was purely his creation and it just stuck. When he was finally given the chance to write his own series he stuck with that character he started sketching at signings and cons.

Amazing Member

Aptly named, Colossal Conan is a big ass book.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Last edited by heatvision; 01-17-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post

Sacrilege! Hahaha Fegredo is quite good and I enjoy his art and admire it but Mignola is the master. Now if only he could draw as fast as Duncan...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    I just wish there was a little better organization in the LEs for reading order but this is a minor quibble.
    This.

Finished the 6th LE recently and looking back, I'll definitely re-read the series in another order than the one they used for the LE's.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    This.

Finished the 6th LE recently and looking back, I'll definitely re-read the series in another order than the one they used for the LE's.
    I'm curious, its been a fair few months now since I read my LEs, but what order would you re-read them in? Other than a couple of stand alone stories at the back of LE6 which seem to be there for padding reasons, I can't think of anything that stands out as being particularly out of order. In fact the contents of LE2 and LE4 were specifically rearranged into a more chronological order.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I'm curious, its been a fair few months now since I read my LEs, but what order would you re-read them in? Other than a couple of stand alone stories at the back of LE6 which seem to be there for padding reasons, I can't think of anything that stands out as being particularly out of order. In fact the contents of LE2 and LE4 were specifically rearranged into a more chronological order.
    Should look through the actual No. of the LE but I'd go through the whole story in one go.

As you said LE 2 and 4 are chronological but are comprised of only short (yet very good) stories, with little to no connection to the "big" HB story. For example, when I finished the first LE, I would have liked to jump in directly to the third.

I have the first Hellboy LE and have read the first story. I heard it was better to read the first story of the second LE before going back to the second story of the first LE.
    Is this correct? I have ordered the second and third LE and if I continue to enjoy them might also look at getting the BPRD hardcovers.

My only other experience with Hellboy is the movies. Any rough reading order tips would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I have the first Hellboy LE and have read the first story. I heard it was better to read the first story of the second LE before going back to the second story of the first LE.
    Is this correct? I have ordered the second and third LE and if I continue to enjoy them might also look at getting the BPRD hardcovers.

My only other experience with Hellboy is the movies. Any rough reading order tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Here's the complete Mingolaverse publishing order:
    http://community.comicbookresources....blishing-Order

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Here's the complete Mingolaverse publishing order:
    http://community.comicbookresources....blishing-Order
    Thanks, I will have a look. I have read a few conflicting viewpoints online regarding read order. At the end of the day I suppose it isn't that important and there are more important things to worry about.

Cheers.

All-New Member

Question re: Tales from the crypt EC Archives.. Dark horse so far has only done Volumes 4, 5 and now 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Catspit View Post
    Question re: Tales from the crypt EC Archives.. Dark horse so far has only done Volumes 4, 5 and now 1?
    I believe they were originally being published by Gemstone, who went out of business. Dark Horse then picked up from where Gemstone left off. Now it seems theyre reprinting some of the earlier volumes which are long OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I believe they were originally being published by Gemstone, who went out of business. Dark Horse then picked up from where Gemstone left off. Now it seems theyre reprinting some of the earlier volumes which are long OOP.
    Yep, that's it. 'Tales from the Crypt' 1 is their first actual reprint in the line.

Any news on Cal Mcdonalds Casebook Vol 2 HC at all? i see they are releasing a vol 3 tab, and when oh when will The Goon get the HC treatment (not talking about the fancy pants editions)