Page 52 of 122 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    and when oh when will The Goon get the HC treatment (not talking about the fancy pants editions)
    It seems to me you missed this.

007 girl.

Has anyone tried Herbie? I've never read the comics but they certainly look....goofy in a good way

Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Any news on Cal Mcdonalds Casebook Vol 2 HC at all? i see they are releasing a vol 3 tab, and when oh when will The Goon get the HC treatment (not talking about the fancy pants editions)
    The Goon gonna get the LE treament finally ( later this year).
    Speakign of Niles. I tried to read the Cal McDonald casebook but got angry and almost threw the book out the window (calmed down later and sold it to a friend). But I heard people raving about Niles' writing so could you recommend some of his definitive works? Possibly something very different to Criminal Macabre.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Speakign of Niles. I tried to read the Cal McDonald casebook but got angry and almost threw the book out the window (calmed down later and sold it to a friend). But I heard people raving about Niles' writing so could you recommend some of his definitive works? Possibly something very different to Criminal Macabre.
    Yeah, never read the Goon but I'm super excited. This is the kind of stuff I want Dark Horse to be putting in their Library Editions and Library Sized Books! Original stuff, not things based off of Game or TV or Movie properties. Stuff like Fear Agent, Sin City and now The Goon! Hoping for Captain Midnight soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    It seems to me you missed this.
    most excellent, thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    you could try the 30 Days of Night, completely different tone to the Cal McDonald stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Yeah, never read the Goon but I'm super excited. This is the kind of stuff I want Dark Horse to be putting in their Library Editions and Library Sized Books! Original stuff, not things based off of Game or TV or Movie properties. Stuff like Fear Agent, Sin City and now The Goon! Hoping for Captain Midnight soon.
    Well as long as the game stuff is good (like the Bioware stuff and Witcher) then they can do that too.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

you could try the 30 Days of Night, completely different tone to the Cal McDonald stuff
    I heard the quality is very uneven.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I like their Buffy books, I think they are quality comics. But I agree, the Goon should have gotten the LE treatment sooner.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    Has anyone tried Herbie? I've never read the comics but they certainly look....goofy in a good way
    I can't see the pictures, my employer doesn't seem to like the site they're hosted on - but if you're talking about the early 60s ACG series from Richard Hughes and Ogden Whitney, they're wonderful! Goofy in the very best way. Hughes was perhaps the last comics writer who was good at whimsy.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Finaly some new HCs appeared on Amazon.com:
    http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Midnig...3687656&sr=1-2
    Why would DH do this volume of CapMid in HC when the others have all been floppy TPB?
    I would love it if DH collected the Captain Midnight run + the 2 Past Midnight mini into an OHC/Omni. This hardcover gives me hope, if slim, that something like that might happen.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Finaly some new HCs appeared on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Brothers-G...3687441&sr=1-7
    That sounds pretty damn interesting! And with Moon/Bá on story & art this could be a winner!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    That sounds pretty damn interesting! And with Moon/Bá on story & art this could be a winner!
    Had the same thought. If it's anything like Daytripper it's a must buy for me
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Yes yes yes!