Page 53 of 122 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

The HCs from the Dark Horse May 2015 solicitations:

Archie Archives Volume 11 HC
    Bill Woggon (W/A), Scott Fleming (W), Ray Gill (W/A), Al Fagaly (A), Bill Vigoda (A), Samm Schwartz (A), Irving Novick (A), and Joe Edwards (A)
    On sale July 1
    FC, 232 pages
    $59.99
    HC, 7″ x 10″
    America’s typical teen is back to get into way more than a typical share of trouble, and he’s brought all his pals, as the voracious Jughead and the lovely Betty and Veronica get their own hilarious spotlight stories! The whole gang’s at it again with over two hundred pages of classic, gut-busting antics! Collecting Archie Comics #35–#36, Pep Comics #70–#72, and Laugh Comics #29–#31!
    • Early stories from Archie legend Samm Schwartz!
    • Includes vintage game pages and ads!

Conan Red Sonja HC
    Gail Simone (W), Jim Zub (W), Dan Panosian (A/Cover), Dave Stewart (C), Randy Green (P), and Rick Ketchan (I)
    On sale July 29
    FC, 96 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7″ x 10″
    Gail Simone and Jim Zub team up to bring together two legendary warriors: Conan and Red Sonja! This volume collects issues #1–#4 of the smash-hit crossover!
    In a tale spanning three eras in the lives of these classic characters, Conan and Red Sonja become comrades to take down a sorcerer-priest hell bent on creating a new age in Hyborian warfare!
    “Beauty and brawn are back!”—PreviewsWorld

Creepy Presents Alex Toth HC
    Alex Toth (W/A/Cover), Archie Goodwin (W), Gerry Boudreau (W), Rich Margopoulos (W), Roger McKenzie (W), Doug Moench (W), Nicola Cuti (W), Bill DuBay (W), Steve Skeates (W), Carmine Infantino (A), Leo Duranona (A), Leo Summers (A), and Alexis Romero (A)
    On sale July 8
    b&w, 168 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 8 1/2″ x 11″
    A brilliant storyteller who wielded a dynamic, minimalist style, Alex Toth is considered a master in the fields of comic book storytelling, animation, and design. With Creepy Presents Alex Toth, all of his vibrant stories from Creepy and Eerie are collected in a deluxe hardcover for the first time ever!
    • The first complete collection of Alex Toth’s Warren horror stories!

The EC Archives: Weird Science Volume 4 HC
    Bill Gaines (W), Al Feldstein (W/A), Jerry DeFuccio (W), Harlan Ellison (W), Wally Wood (A), Al Williamson (A), Joe Orlando (A), Bill Elder (A), Jack Kamen (A), Jack Davis (A), Frank Frazetta (A), Bernie Krigstein (A), Harry Harrison (A), and Harvey Kurtzman (A)
    On sale July 29
    FC, 216 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 8 1/4″ x 11″
    The Weird Science archives take flight at Dark Horse! This volume collects the complete Weird Science issues #19–#22 and Weird Science-Fantasy #23–#24 in glorious remastered color! Don’t miss any of the sci-fi classics from such visionary artists as Wally Wood, Al Feldstein, Harry Harrison, and Harvey Kurtzman!
    • Dark Horse reprints the famous science-fiction comic series!

High Crimes HC
    Christopher Sebela (W) and Ibrahim Moustafa (A/Cover)
    On sale July 8
    FC, 184 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7″ x 10″
    Disgraced Olympic snowboarder Zan Jensen runs a sideline business as a high-altitude grave robber. When a body is found at the summit of Everest with a treasure of state secrets under its skin, Zan finds herself in the crosshairs of a government hit squad. As she races to the roof of the world, Zan will navigate bullets and avalanches to find salvation in the deadliest place on Earth.
    Collecting the critically acclaimed Monkeybrain digital comic the A.V. Club calls “a high concept executed with precision, delivering real-world intrigue.”
    “Instead of just yelling at people to read High Crimes, now I can throw it at them at the same time.”—Matt Fraction (Sex Criminals)

Kabuki Library Edition Volume 1 HC
    David Mack (W/A/Cover)
    On sale July 8
    FC, 400 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 9″ x 12″
    Celebrating twenty years of Kabuki, this is the first volume in a complete set of large oversize library editions collecting the entire critically acclaimed Kabuki series.
    This edition collects the first two original Kabuki volumes: Circle of Blood and Dreams. With eleven issues and loads of extras, this is the book that fans of Kabuki have been waiting for and the perfect starting point for brand-new readers.
    • Extra features include Kabuki drawings from Brian Michael Bendis, introductions by Bendis and Jim Steranko, and more!
    • The first of four oversized library editions!
    “Kabuki is rewarding. It’s a beautiful book, with a touching story based in a fascinating culture.”—Comics Bulletin

MIND MGMT Volume 5: The Eraser HC
    Matt Kindt (W/A/Cover)
    On sale July 22
    FC, 168 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7″ x 10″
    The mission to stop Mind Management has fallen apart, and after nearly losing her mind at the hands of the Eraser, Meru finds herself alone in a world of rogue agents. To press on, she’ll need to seek out a new mentor—the First Immortal! Collects MIND MGMT #25–#30!
    • THE BEGINNING OF THE END!
    • Foreword by Darwyn Cooke!
    “A story that no written word could hope to describe.”—Unleash the Fanboy

Arkwright Integral finally arrived In the less than two metre walk from unwrapping it to shelving it, managed to trip up, whack it off a door frame, and bash one of the corners in Not the most expensive of books, but sucks all the same. Stupid lousy clumsy feet

When will we get Buscema's Conan collected in large format ?
    Doesn't need to be Colossal, omnibus or library size would do it...

Love the run but can't see myself collecting the dozens of anemic tpbs and slim hcs...

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Another EC Archive appeared on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/EC-Archives-Ha.../dp/1616557737

Haunt of Fear volume 2.

And, following Tales from the Crypt volume 1, another reprint:

http://www.amazon.com/EC-Archives-Tw.../dp/1616558237
    Last edited by Mad Hatter; 02-21-2015 at 05:19 AM.

My Dark Horse Buffy Library Edition collection is now up to date with vol 1 of season 9 published last month. I am happy

http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...9-library.html

Hey, guys, did all of you who ordered the hardcover Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 1 from Amazon.com get yours eventually? I canceled mine back in the day to get it elsewhere for fear they would end up not stocking it, so I'd like to know if it's safe to keep my Amazon preorder for Vol. 2 or if I should do like I did before.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Hey, guys, did all of you who ordered the hardcover Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 1 from Amazon.com get yours eventually? I canceled mine back in the day to get it elsewhere for fear they would end up not stocking it, so I'd like to know if it's safe to keep my Amazon preorder for Vol. 2 or if I should do like I did before.
    Hold on a while longer for volume 2. My copy from Forbidden Planet arrived on Friday, so I presume Amazon won't be long behind.

I got my copy from amazon.de. But I've pre-ordered the next volumes at cheap-comics.com, just to make sure. However I believe they upped the print-runs for future volumes quite significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    I got my copy from amazon.de. But I've pre-ordered the next volumes at cheap-comics.com, just to make sure. However I believe they upped the print-runs for future volumes quite significantly.
    Yeah upped to 1500 copies when first volume had 900, right? Not that much when you think about all those collectors craving for limited book like this one.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Got mine from amazon.ca when amazon.com was already out of copies.

Spectacular Member

I pre ordered 2 just in case 1 gets damaged, last time mine had a bumped corner and i had no way to replace it.

Ps i was just checking the date on book 2 and noticed fanta has reissued the special edition 2 book set slipcased, albeit in paperback
    Last edited by RIPLynott; 03-01-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    I pre ordered 2 just in case 1 gets damaged, last time mine had a bumped corner and i had no way to replace it.

Ps i was just checking the date on book 2 and noticed fanta has reissued the special edition 2 book set slipcased, albeit in paperback
    I wonder how many hardcore collectors in the world do not know of this forum. I like the "bought 2 just in case" approach (had the same issue with vol.1 on amazon) but you probably won't find many "normal" collectors doing this. Great place here! :-)
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Thank you four your replies, guys. I chickened out again and bought it somewhere else. Please let us know if you get your copies from Amazon, though.

Does anyone else hate Dark Horse's HC bindings? They are the WORST kind of cheap chinese bindings, you can hear them creaking as you read them. I LOVE their paperbacks tho, Savage Sword of Conan FTW!

I got a copy of Vol 2 straight from Mr. Sakai at a con today. I posted some pics here: http://community.comicbookresources....l=1#post982972