Page 54 of 122 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    Does anyone else hate Dark Horse's HC bindings? They are the WORST kind of cheap chinese bindings, you can hear them creaking as you read them. I LOVE their paperbacks tho, Savage Sword of Conan FTW!
    Most people here love dark horse. They make better OHCs than the big two, and for half the price. What DH books of yours do you consider poorly bound?

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Hey, guys, did all of you who ordered the hardcover Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 1 from Amazon.com get yours eventually? I canceled mine back in the day to get it elsewhere for fear they would end up not stocking it, so I'd like to know if it's safe to keep my Amazon preorder for Vol. 2 or if I should do like I did before.
    I was going to pre-order from Amazon but went with a different retailer instead, and they never delivered. Now it's selling for insane ammounts of money on eBay. I'm so angry about that..
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 03-02-2015 at 01:18 AM.

Fantastic Member

Hey, guys, did all of you who ordered the hardcover Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 1 from Amazon.com get yours eventually? I canceled mine back in the day to get it elsewhere for fear they would end up not stocking it, so I'd like to know if it's safe to keep my Amazon preorder for Vol. 2 or if I should do like I did before.
    Yeah,I got my copy from Amazon.com. There is a small hint of you want to know if you'll get your copy: if you have a preorder and Amazon already sent email with estimate delivery date for you, that means you'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I was going to pre-order from Amazon but went with a different retailer instead, and they never delivered. Now it's selling for insane ammounts of money on eBay. I'm so angry about that..
    Same here. They actually kept claiming they would eventually get their books, but it never happened. After the prices skyrocketed I gave up and just grabbed the paperback. C'est la vie.

Spectacular Member

Does anyone else hate Dark Horse's HC bindings? They are the WORST kind of cheap chinese bindings, you can hear them creaking as you read them. I LOVE their paperbacks tho, Savage Sword of Conan FTW!
    Like canadianaidan, I can't agree, especially when compared in price to other big publishers. The "creaking" doesn't bother me either for that reason and besides, if you open up the hardcover page by page from both ends of the book beforehand, loosening it up so to speak, it'll practically go away entirely. No, I see no reason to complain, unless there's some specific book you have in mind that isn't up to the same level of quality as, say, the Hellboy library editions. You get way more than your money's worth.

Incredible Member

I don't know what you're talking about. I love them. Way better than DC's mouse trap 52 books.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland1580 View Post
    Yeah,I got my copy from Amazon.com. There is a small hint of you want to know if you'll get your copy: if you have a preorder and Amazon already sent email with estimate delivery date for you, that means you'll get it.
    Oh. Well, I still have my preorder there—still waiting for Book Depository to ship their copy before canceling the other., just in case—and haven't received that email. Has anybody else got it?

Incredible Member

I placed preorders in with both amazon.co.uk and speedyhen about 3 months before the release of the book, neither company delivered. I'm now on the fence as to whether to cancel my preorders for volumes 2+, while increasing the runs of the subsequent volumes is nice and means I might actually get a copy this time around it dosn't look like they are going to reprint volume one (no way im paying eBay prices for volume 1) and nobody wants mismatching volumes on their shelves.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    My Dark Horse Buffy Library Edition collection is now up to date with vol 1 of season 9 published last month. I am happy

http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...9-library.html
    Sitting on my to-buy list, that one. It looks good but I do prefer the colourful spine design of Season 8 and kinda wish they'd stuck with that, as petty as that sounds.

I received Usagi Yojimbo Ltd Ed volume 2 today from Chapters and the box was bashed in one spot at the top of the spine its pushed and ripped. Its really unfortunate that for Canadians all we have is Amazon / Chapters for online book orders with discounts. I have had two recent books shipped from Chapters ripped/damaged (last was creeping death from neptune). I notice if I just ship one book individually there is absolutely no additional padding/wrapping from Chapters (same as Amazon), so regardless if the damage happened in transit, it shouldn't if they packaged things properly.

The frustrating thing with Chapters to is in December I order Ronin deluxe and Tardi's WW1 boxset together and it came nicely wrapped with actual bubble wrap in the box... Anyways, probably going to return as I dont put up with any damage to a book, especially one that costs $60 with tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Sitting on my to-buy list, that one. It looks good but I do prefer the colourful spine design of Season 8 and kinda wish they'd stuck with that, as petty as that sounds.
    Oh, I hear you, I hear you ..

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I don't collect the Buffy LE's because I mever watched the tv show but I actually like the spine from season 9 better than the others. It looks a lot classier.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I don't collect the Buffy LE's because I mever watched the tv show but I actually like the spine from season 9 better than the others. It looks a lot classier.
    I get what you mean but the comics are even more bonkers than several episodes of the show and I guess for that reason, I thought the more bright and colourful design looked better (that isn't to say the comics aren't dark as well, mind you), besides the fact that it's also more eye-catching on the shelf. Either way, I'm never a fan of spine changes after a number of books, trivial as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    I get what you mean but the comics are even more bonkers than several episodes of the show and I guess for that reason, I thought the more bright and colourful design looked better (that isn't to say the comics aren't dark as well, mind you), besides the fact that it's also more eye-catching on the shelf. Either way, I'm never a fan of spine changes after a number of books, trivial as it is.
    what if each season gonna have his own spine design? I think that would make sense and would look nice, not like when a publisher changes the design of one book in the middle of a 10-20 book run.
    I should really start buying the Buffy LE-s before they go oop... (it seems like I'm saying this sentence basically every day just about a different title each time).

Super happy about the Astro Boy omnibus tpbs. I wish Black Jack would get similar treatment, as those books are going out of print and Vertical has made it clear they're not gonna be reprinted anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    what if each season gonna have his own spine design? I think that would make sense and would look nice, not like when a publisher changes the design of one book in the middle of a 10-20 book run.
    I should really start buying the Buffy LE-s before they go oop... (it seems like I'm saying this sentence basically every day just about a different title each time).
    Perhaps the Buffy LE are, like the Hellboy LE, regularly reprint by Dark Horse so very slim chance to see them OOP (season 8 vol 1 is still normally available 3 years after its release).