Page 55 of 122 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Perhaps the Buffy LE are, like the Hellboy LE, regularly reprint by Dark Horse so very slim chance to see them OOP (season 8 vol 1 is still normally available 3 years after its release).
    that would be nice, although it would just make me lazy (I still don't have the HEllboy LE-s, only v1 because I got it for dirt cheap)

Since I wasn't very impressed with the first limited edition of the first Usagi Yojimbo Saga, and money's a little tight at the moment, I'm considering switching to the TPB edition for the rest of the collection. Does anyone own the first Usagi Saga TPB? Is it a nice edition with good paper? Thanks in advance!

Fantastic Member

Wow, my copy of the Usagi Yojimbo limited vol. 2 is already preparing for shipment. Thank you Amazon!

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

MY Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 2 Hardcover arrived on Saturday, it's a sexy looking book. 1476 of 1500.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Since I wasn't very impressed with the first limited edition of the first Usagi Yojimbo Saga, and money's a little tight at the moment, I'm considering switching to the TPB edition for the rest of the collection. Does anyone own the first Usagi Saga TPB? Is it a nice edition with good paper? Thanks in advance!
    I got volume 1 as a TPB, I have no complaints about it. If I remmber tonight I can try and take pictures of volume 1 TPB and volume 2 HC together.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    It has nice thick paper and is the same size as the HC. If you want your collection to be the same format, I'll happily send you my signed and sketched copy of the tpb, for your HC!

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    MY Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 2 Hardcover arrived on Saturday, it's a sexy looking book. 1476 of 1500.

I got volume 1 as a TPB, I have no complaints about it. If I remmber tonight I can try and take pictures of volume 1 TPB and volume 2 HC together.
    That'd be awesome! I hope I don't regret switching to the TPBs, but, like I said, money's a little tight...

Spectacular Member

Shaolin Cowboy: Shemp Buffet Hardcover time! Pretty impressed with this book. I'm not sure if it's due to the oversized pages, but I think I liked the art better in the Burlyman TPB of the first story. It was brighter, popped more, and seemed to have more detail on each page. It's Dave Stewart on colors in this one though, so Darrow's work was in the best hands you can get pretty much.

This is a test, I will post more if this works:

Spectacular Member

Laying flat while open at like page 35 or so. Really impressed! I have Vertigo HC books three times the page count of this that still don't really want to stay open in the middle.

Closer to the middle of the book. Nice spread!

This is what's inside the front and back covers.

Fantastic Member

Amazing Member

Usagi Yojimbo Saga 2 HC is available on Amazon UK. For some reason, loads of copy seem to be available. I got a copy on Sunday and I also got a slight refund today. Not really sure why.

I thought I could beat RedNave to the punch. Here's some comparison pics.

20150311_093027.jpg
    20150311_093151.jpg
    20150311_093118.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I thought I could beat RedNave to the punch. Here's some comparison pics.

20150311_093027.jpg
    20150311_093151.jpg
    20150311_093118.jpg
    Wow, that TPB looks good! Thanks for the pictures!

I just saw the price range for that Usagi book. I've never read any of it but around £13 for over 600 pages?! What's the series actually like?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I just saw the price range for that Usagi book. I've never read any of it but around £13 for over 600 pages?! What's the series actually like?
    It's a story of a wandering Ronin. If you are into historical fiction and/or kung-fu/Samurai movies than these stories are for you. Although they are anthropomorphic, the book just tells tales of a wandering samurai set in feudal Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    It's the classic wandering hero story. Usagi was once a high-ranking samurai, but after surviving the horrible battle which gave him that distinct crescent-shaped scar above his left eye Usagi is left without a master and he decides to walk the "warriors' pilgrimage," honing his spiritual and martial arts skills. That basically means he wanders all over feudal Japan getting into adventures and encountering an incredible supporting cast of samurai, peasants, bounty hunters, thieves, ninja, assassins, detectives, and at least one sorcerer.

It's got everything: action and martial arts, history, slice-of-life, comedy, horror, romance - and Stan Sakai is just one of the best cartoonists working today. His work is straightforward, not-flashy, and totally delightful.

It's just the best.

Fantagraphics was the original publisher, so they still publish the first few books (this fall they're going to collect all that in a nifty, two-paperback set enclosed in a slipcase). The first volume of Usagi Yojimbo Saga collects what were original trade paperback volumes 8-10.