Page 56 of 122 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Cheers guys. Would I be lost picking up the first volume of Saga without reading the preceding books? I think I'm going to have to get it for that price/page count anyway.

Will the upcoming slipcase lead straight into the Saga editions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Will the upcoming slipcase lead straight into the Saga editions?
    Yup

Usagi Yojimbo: The Special Edition (slipcase) = volumes 1-7
    Usagi Yojimbo Saga vol. 1 = volumes 8-10

As for whether you can go ahead and read Saga? Sure. Stan Sakai keeps things pretty accessible. You can almost start Usagi anywhere.

Thanks for the help. Just ordered it. I'd feel ridiculous if I didn't to be honest. Ł13.48 to experience a lot of something totally new to me sounds like more than a fair deal. I also really like the idea of the special edition and these large books making a huge collection (if I enjoy it of course.)

For that price I may have to try that title as well. Been meaning to look into for years, now there's no excuse.

Incredible Member

This Hardcover wasn't in the solicits, but it's on Amazon..

Prometheus: The Complete Fire and Stone - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1616557...I27QDRW06IS371

It says list price is about $54.99 which seems in line with the pricing for the Library Edition sized books correct? If so, I'll pick it up just for the art alone.

Fantastic Member

The HCs from the solicitations for June 2015:

Angel & Faith Season 9 Library Edition Volume 2 HC
    Christos Gage (W), Victor Gischler (W), Rebekah Isaacs (A), David Lapham (A), Paul Lee (A), Lee Garbett (A), Cliff Richards (A), Derek Fridolfs (I), Andy Owens (I), Dan Jackson (C), Cris Peter (C), and Steve Morris (Cover)
    On sale Aug 12
    FC, 280 pages
    $29.99
    HC, 8" x 12 1/4"
    Willow arrives in London looking for help from Angel so she can get to the fearsome hell dimension Quor’toth and restore magic to earth! And Spike identifies some hard truths when a pack of demons and a succubus rip him from a melancholic reverie and take him on an unexpected adventure. Collects Angel & Faith Volume 3 and Spike: A Dark Place.
    • Expanded sketchbook and deluxe oversized format.
    "Joss Whedon fans, you need this comic."—Comic Book Resources

The Art of Satoshi Kon HC
    Satoshi Kon (A/Cover)
    On sale Aug 5
    b&w, 136 pages
    $29.99
    HC, 8 1/4" x 11 1/2"
    Director Satoshi Kon blazed a brilliant animation career before his tragic death in 2010 at age forty-six. Now Dark Horse is privileged to remember him and his works through The Art of Satoshi Kon, a beautiful book of Kon’s illustrations for his movies Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers, Millennium Actress, and Paprika, and his television series Paranoia Agent, plus his unfinished The Dreaming Machine, his manga, his commercial art, and several little-known and incomplete projects!
    • Kon trained under Akira’s Katsuhiro Otomo.
    • Remembering a master of anime filmmaking.

Bowery Boys: Our Fathers HC
    Cory Levine (W), Ian Bertram (A/Cover), and Brent McKee (A)
    On sale Aug 5
    FC, 208 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 6 5/8" x 10 1/4"
    When his father is framed for murder, immigrant Nikolaus McGovern rallies a motley crew of street youths in a rip-roaring coming-of-age adventure based on the period history of antebellum New York City! Against a backdrop of rampant political corruption, vicious street gangs, nascent labor reform, and ardent xenophobia, can Niko and his friends triumph in a life-or-death battle against their oppressors—or will they succumb to the engines of socioeconomic progress?
    • An original graphic novel collecting the acclaimed web series!

Edgar Rice Burroughs’ At the Earth’s Core HC & Ltd. HC
    Bobby Nash (W) and Jamie Chase (A/Cover)
    On sale Aug 19
    FC, 104 pages
    $14.99
    HC, 7" x 10"
    On sale Aug 19
    FC, 104 pages
    $49.99
    Ltd. HC, 7" x 10"
    Burroughs’ 1914 pulp-fantasy epic comes to life in a heart-pounding adventure! An heir and an inventor take their "Iron Mole" five hundred miles below the earth’s crust to the world of Pellucidar, crossing paths with the evil Mahars, the ape-like Sagoths, and all manner of prehistoric creatures . . . as well as the lovely Dian the Beautiful!
    • A work that helped inspire H. P. Lovecraft’s At the Mountains of Madness!
    • The limited edition hardcover with silver embossing is perfect for the family bookshelf.

Nanjing: The Burning City HC
    Ethan Young (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Aug 19
    b&w, 224 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 6" x 9"
    After the bombs fall, the Imperial Japanese Army seized the Chinese capital of Nanjing. Now screams echo off the rubble as two abandoned Chinese soldiers—trapped and desperately outnumbered inside the walled city—try to escape. What they’ll encounter will haunt them. But in the face of horror, they’ll learn that resistance and bravery cannot be destroyed.
    • Ethan Young won a 2007 Independent Publisher Book Award for Best Graphic Novel for Tails.
    • For fans of Maus, Persepolis, and Boxers & Saints.

The Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 4 Ltd. HC
    Stan Sakai (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Aug 26
    b&w w/FC, 616 pages
    $79.99
    Ltd. HC, 7" x 10"
    Miyamoto Usagi’s past returns as he fights alongside his former teacher and struggles with the knowledge that his traveling companion Jotaro is his son! The Neko ninja and fan-favorite character Sasuké the Demon Queller reappear, and a manga classic is paid tribute in "Lone Goat and Kid"! Collects Usagi Yojimbo Volume Three #53–#75!
    • Over 600 pages of Stan Sakai’s enduring samurai masterpiece!
    • Full-color cover gallery!
    • Also available in a signed and numbered hardcover edition, limited to 900 copies!
    "One of the most original, innovative, well-executed comic books anywhere to be found."—Stan Lee

Spectacular Member

Can't say I see Dark Horse's logic in decreasing the number of limited edition hardbacks of Usagi Yojimbo: Saga back to 900 after increasing it to 1500 for volumes two and three. Thought the whole reason they did that in the first place was because the first volume went out of print almost immediately. Not too concerned myself since I found it in an e-mail yesterday that, although it's been delayed, I'm third in the pre-order list for the bookplate edition of The Sculptor at Forbidden Planet; and I presume I that must have been amongst the first orders for similar limited books, which is why I've always gotten them, including Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsville View Post
    Can't say I see Dark Horse's logic in decreasing the number of limited edition hardbacks of Usagi Yojimbo: Saga back to 900 after increasing it to 1500 for volumes two and three. Thought the whole reason they did that in the first place was because the first volume went out of print almost immediately. Not too concerned myself since I found it in an e-mail yesterday that, although it's been delayed, I'm third in the pre-order list for the bookplate edition of The Sculptor at Forbidden Planet; and I presume I that must have been amongst the first orders for similar limited books, which is why I've always gotten them, including Saga.
    Perhaps the sales of vol 2 & presales of 3 weren't as robust as Dark Horse's expectations. Still, I am beyond sad I missed out on the first volume.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Perhaps the sales of vol 2 & presales of 3 weren't as robust as Dark Horse's expectations. Still, I am beyond sad I missed out on the first volume.
    Well I imagine the amount of people to get these as the line goes further isn't going to increase, unless maybe they do a reprint of the first one. I mean if I had to get the TPB of the first one I'd prolly stick with those instead of getting the HC even if I'm more able to get subsequent releases. You know shelf uniformity and all that. Or at least release an unsigned version.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Also, this is the top of my Big Damn Sin City. Is this something I should worry about or something I can do to prevent it from worsening?

image.jpg
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I thought I could beat RedNave to the punch. Here's some comparison pics.
    You picked up my slack, I've been too busy that I forgot to do it.

Spectacular Member

Now that it's the "beginning of the end" for Baltimore, does anyone suspect a different HC format for this series in the future? I'm a little torn on how to collect this. I'm not a huge fan of standard-sized HC books, but I also don't want to wait for TPBs for every volume in order to read this series. Dark Horse is very deliberate on how they collect omnibus/library editions of books, so we may not hear anything until after the last issue is published. I still think I could wait on that, if it's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    Now that it's the "beginning of the end" for Baltimore, does anyone suspect a different HC format for this series in the future? I'm a little torn on how to collect this. I'm not a huge fan of standard-sized HC books, but I also don't want to wait for TPBs for every volume in order to read this series. Dark Horse is very deliberate on how they collect omnibus/library editions of books, so we may not hear anything until after the last issue is published. I still think I could wait on that, if it's the case.
    Not sure if they will be released in a bprd sized omni as they have already come out as slim HC's and none of mignolas other stuff has, so I think we may be stuck with them as is, I have read that everything that has or is being released that is connected to bellboy will eventually be coming out in Omni's (apart from HB which will still be in the library editions)

Posted this in the General Omnibus forum before realizing there was a separate Dark Horse thread. Anyway:

For anyone who has Colossal Conan, how is it holding up? I've been thinking about getting it for a while, but I have a hard time believing the binding has any chance of survival in the long run.