Page 57 of 122 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by midgetradio View Post
    For anyone who has Colossal Conan, how is it holding up? I've been thinking about getting it for a while, but I have a hard time believing the binding has any chance of survival in the long run.
    Mine's survived two full readings without any issues. I am really gentle on things though.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Mine's survived two full readings without any issues. I am really gentle on things though.
    Good enough for me. Thanks Dorktron.

Incredible Member

THE GOON LIBRARY EDITION VOLUME 1 IS FINALLY AVAILABLE ON AMAZON!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1616558...FUL&ref=plSrch

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post

I'll be Pre-ordering that as soon as it's up on Amazon.co.uk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post

hope it has a regular hard cover, not a fan of the dust magnet carpet finish of the HB library editions

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

There's a Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 5 fish for december, but only in paperback.

Whatever happened to the umbrella academy and the cal McDonald casebook HC vol 2, just not continuing?

Fantastic Member

Here are the HCs from the July solicitations:

2 Sisters: A Super-Spy Graphic Novel HC
    Matt Kindt (W/A/Cover) and Marie Enger (C)
    On sale Sept 16
    FC, 344 pages
    $27.99
    HC, 8 1/4″ x 10 1/4″
    From the imagination of Matt Kindt, 2 Sisters is at once a fanciful World War II thriller full of codes, gadgets, and cyanide capsules and the heartbreaking story of Elle and Anna, whose shared past and secrets are dredged up when Elle is recruited into His Majesty’s service as a covert agent!
    • From the creator of MIND MGMT, 3 Story, and Past Aways!
    • Deluxe hardcover format matching Kindt’s Complete Pistolwhip!
    • Over 300 pages of spy action—in color for the first time!

Aliens: Salvation HC
    Dave Gibbons (W), Mike Mignola (P/Cover), Kevin Nowlan (I), and Matt Hollingsworth (C)
    On sale Sept 2
    FC, 56 pages
    $10.99
    HC, 6 5/8″ x 10 3/16″
    One of the most memorable Aliens tales ever told, now available as a premier-edition hardcover! When the most pious crewman aboard the Nova Maru is forced to abandon ship with his mad captain, the two are marooned on an inhospitable and remote world—and they’re not alone . . .
    • Back in print for the first time in over a decade!
    • Deluxe hardcover format with a new cover by Mike Mignola!

Conan Volume 18: The Damned Horde HC
    Fred Van Lente (W), Brian Ching (A), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Dan Scott (Cover)
    On sale Sept 2
    FC, 152 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 7″ x 10″
    Conan and his allies are thrown into battle against an army of brigands! Conan enters into an uncertain alliance to steal a legendary treasure that leads him on a perilous journey! Writer Fred Van Lente tackles the world’s most famous barbarian in this collection of issues #7–#12 of Dark Horse Comics’ Conan the Avenger.
    • The complete smash-hit second Conan the Avenger arc by Fred Van Lente!

The Courageous Princess Volume 3: The Dragon Queen HC
    Rod Espinosa (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Sept 16
    FC, 192 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 5 13/16″ x 9″
    In this conclusion to the Courageous Princess trilogy, Princess Mabelrose must use her generous spirit, as well as her brains, to melt the heart of the Dragon Queen and gain her freedom. But she still has to bring her father and her friends back from the queen’s unreachable Unremembered Lands . . .
    • An adventure for all that explores a new meaning of courage.
    “Espinosa’s influences seem to be equal parts Grimm fairy tales, animated Disney films, the Wizard of Oz and Japanese manga, and the work is meticulously rendered in a seductive palette of brights and shadows.”—Publishers Weekly

Creepy Archives Volume 22 HC
    Various (W/A)
    On sale Sept 9
    b&w, 240 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 8 3/8″ x 10 7/8″
    Murderous beasts, ravenous aliens, and other bizarre creatures hunt for careless humans in Creepy Archives Volume 22, collecting issues #104 through #107 of the infamous horror anthology! Featuring timeless tales by Russ Heath, John Severin, Len Wein, Bruce Jones, Larry Hama, Jim Starlin, Terry Austin, Alfredo Alcala, and many others—as well as all original fan pages and letters columns!
    • A New York Times best-selling series!

The EC Archives: Two-Fisted Tales Volume 1 HC
    Harvey Kurtzman (W/A/Cover), Al Feldstein (W/A), Wally Wood (W/A), John Severin (W/A), Johnny Craig (W/A), Jerry De Fuccio (W), Jack Davis (W/A), and Alex Toth (A)
    On sale Sept 9
    FC, 216 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 8″ x 11″
    Writer/artist/editor Harvey Kurtzman teamed with legendary artists Wally Wood, Johnny Craig, Jack Davis, Al Feldstein, John Severin, and others to create these powerful stories of struggle and humanity that are considered to be among the best war stories ever told. Now, Dark Horse Books is proud to present this first incredible volume, collecting Two-Fisted Tales #18–#23.

Frank Frazetta’s The Adventures of the Snow Man HC
    Frank Frazetta (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Sept 30
    FC, 104 pages
    $14.99
    HC, 9″ x 6 3/8″
    Although informed by World War II propaganda, Frank Frazetta’s earliest work is nevertheless as artistically nuanced and socially complex as it is innocent. Now, for the first time ever, witness the first complete story from a modern master with Frank Frazetta’s The Adventures of the Snow Man!
    • The first time ever in print!
    • The earliest complete work from Frank Frazetta!

Gun Theory HC
    Daniel Way (W) and Jon Proctor (A/Cover)
    On sale Sept 30
    FC, 160 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 6″ x 9″
    Everyone who’s laid eyes on Harvey is dead. That’s because Harvey is a hired killer whose victims never see him until it’s too late. Through years of practice, Harvey’s appearance and demeanor have become so devoid of humanity that he has become invisible. Unknowable. Untouchable. Until Harvey meets a woman who, strangely, can see him.
    • From superstar writer Daniel Way (Deadpool, Wolverine: Origins)!

Hellbound HC
    Victor Gischler (W), Davide Dileo (W), Riccardo Burchielli (A), Luca Saponti (C), and Lee Bermejo (Cover)
    On sale Sept 23
    FC, 144 pages
    $17.99
    HC, 7″ x 10″
    When two disgraced FBI agents are sent to investigate gruesome murders along Route 5, they discover there’s a lot more going on than a simple string of bodies left by some garden-variety serial killer. Horrific nightmares are tormenting the small towns along the highway, and only one man in junkyard armor keeps them at bay.
    • For fans of From Hell, True Detective, and Se7en.

The Hellboy 100 Project HC
    Various (A)
    On sale Sept 23
    FC, 120 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 7” x 10”
    In the now-grand tradition of Hero Initiative’s previous and wildly successful 100 Project books, Mike Mignola’s signature creation comes to the fore! ALL of Hero’s original covers to Hellboy and the B.P.R.D.: 1952 #1 are on display in this great book, with art by John Cassaday, Francis Manapul, Todd Nauck, Whilce Portacio, Eric Powell, Paolo Rivera, Bill Sienkiewicz, and of course, Mike Mignola!
    • This book will NEVER be reprinted, and all proceeds go to Hero Initiative and comic book creators in medical and financial need!

The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series—Book Four: Balance HC
    Michael Dante DiMartino (W), Bryan Konietzko (W), and Joaquim Dos Santos (W)
    On sale Sept 2
    FC, 120 pages
    $34.99
    HC, 9″ x 12″
    Go behind the scenes and uncover the phenomenal never-before-seen artwork that went into creating this beloved series’ final season! Captions from series creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko will give you an exclusive look at every aspect of the show; it’s like having your own backstage pass to The Legend of Korra Book Four: Balance!
    • Never-before-seen artwork from season 4 of Korra!
    “Strong characters, compelling storylines, heartfelt humor, gorgeous animation—this show had it all.”—IGN

The New Deal HC
    Jonathan Case (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Sept 23
    FC, 96 pages
    $16.99
    HC, 7″ x 10″
    The Waldorf Astoria is the classiest hotel along the Manhattan skyline in 1930s New York City. When a charming woman checks in with a high-society entourage, a bellhop and a maid get caught up in a series of mysterious thefts. The stakes quickly grow perilous, and the pair must rely on each other to discover the truth while navigating delicate class politics.
    • From Eisner Award winner Jonathan!
    “One part comedy, one part mystery and one part historical exploration, The New Deal hopes to explore social and political themes of the era in a way that the original films never did.”—Comic Book Resources

Spectacular Member

Anyone have a link to the fish for the Alien/Prometheus/Predator Fire and Stone HC? I've seen the solicits for the individual 4-issue TPBs, but I saw the HC once and then couldn't find it again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    Anyone have a link to the fish for the Alien/Prometheus/Predator Fire and Stone HC? I've seen the solicits for the individual 4-issue TPBs, but I saw the HC once and then couldn't find it again.
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1616557...I27QDRW06IS371

Incredible Member

One day, I would love to see Library Editions of the "Plague of Frogs" run from B.P.R.D.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just want Dark Horse to do proper OHC/Omni editions of their digest softcover Omni line.
    So much content I would buy but for my dollar their current digest softcover Omni format is inferior and I'll not buy those.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I just want Dark Horse to do proper OHC/Omni editions of their digest softcover Omni line.
    So much content I would buy but for my dollar their current digest softcover Omni format is inferior and I'll not buy those.
    Same here, I did have most of the softcover Omni's (alien, pred and terminator) but ended up selling them

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Same here, I did have most of the softcover Omni's (alien, pred and terminator) but ended up selling them
    The ideal for me would be OHC with 12 issues per book (or bigger) releasing all of their Alien, Predator & AVP material in order. I could upgrade from all of my TPBs and singles that way.

...or even better a few Omnibus books with proper 40-50 issue spans.

..I can dream.

Totally getting Matt Kindt's 2 Sisters HC and also gonna give The New Deal HC a go. I love Jonathan Case's art. He tell great stories with his art, e.g. in The Creep. Love that book. This story in The New Deal sounds interesting as well, especially that time period.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=55649