Page 60 of 122 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Hmmmm someone sell me on The Goon.

Do you Like Hellboy? The Goon is almost Hellboy meets The Little Rascals...I can't wait to see the artwork in the OS HC...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    Here are the HCs from the September solicitations:

Archie vs. Predator HC
    Alex de Campi (W), Fernando Ruiz (P/Cover), Rich Koslowski (I/Cover), and Jason Millet (C)
    On sale Nov 4
    FC, 128 pages
    $19.99
    HC, 7" x 10"
    When Archie and friends head south for Spring Break, party games and beach games are soon replaced by the Most Dangerous Game! As the unparalleled fierceness of Betty and Veronica lures the trophy-collecting Predator to Riverdale, will the kids even realize they're in danger before it claims them all?! Collecting issues #1–#4 of the smash-hit series!
    "A mash-up for the ages."—USA Today
    "Archie vs. Predator #1 is a gift from God himself."—Comic Book Resources
    "The essence of what makes Archie comics work in conflict with what makes Predator work."—Multiversity Comics
    "If you thought Archie Meets the Punisher was bizarre, you haven't seen anything yet."—IGN

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 Library Edition Volume 3 HC
    Joss Whedon (W), Andrew Chambliss (W), Jane Espenson (W), Georges Jeanty (P), Karl Moline (P), Phil Noto (P), Andy Owens (I), Dexter Vines (I), Karl Story (I), Michelle Madsen (C), and Steve Morris (Cover)
    On sale Nov 11
    FC, 304 pages
    $29.99
    HC, 8" x 12 3/16"
    Buffy, Xander, and Willow confront new enemies—a superbeing bent on revenge, a Slayer gone rogue, and the ancient god who created vampires—in a battle that will change the shape of the world. Buffy, with a little help from her friends, rediscovers what it truly means to be a Slayer. Collects Buffy Season 9 Volumes 4 and 5.
    • Expanded sketchbook and deluxe oversized format.

The Goon Library Volume 1 HC
    Eric Powell (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 11
    FC, 496 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 8" x 12 3/16"
    Lonely Street comes under all manner of threats both tragic and hilarious in this deluxe hardcover edition of The Goon.
    The Nameless Man, the Zombie Priest, has come to town to build a gang from the undead. Yet even with an unlimited supply of soldiers, the Priest cannot move in on the territory controlled by the crime boss Labrazio and his unstoppable enforcer—the Goon. But when the Priest discovers Goon's most closely held secret, the balance of power threatens to change forever! Collects The Goon Volumes 0–3.
    • Created by Eisner Award winner Eric Powell!
    "Powell has done something truly special with the art and made Goon more captivating than ever." —AiPT!
    "The action flows so cohesively from one panel to the next, you're engaged from the first smashed window." —Nerds on the Rocks

Kabuki Library Edition Volume 2 HC
    David Mack (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 25
    FC, 400 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 9" x 12"
    Celebrating twenty years of Kabuki, this second volume in a complete set of large, oversized library editions of the entire critically acclaimed Kabuki series collects the Kabuki volumes Skin Deep and Metamorphosis.
    Isolated and psychologically tormented, Kabuki finds her only friend in a mystery woman who sends her handwritten notes folded into origami animals. Featuring a total of twelve separate issues and collected with loads of extras, this is the next great edition that fans of Mack and Kabuki have been waiting for.
    "You're going to be blown away by the amazing work in this collection!"—Brian Michael Bendis
    "One of the true geniuses of the medium."—Entertainment Weekly

The Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 5 Ltd. Ed. HC
    Stan Sakai (W/A/Cover)
    On sale Nov 25
    b&w, 552 pages
    $79.99
    Ltd. Ed. HC, 7" x 10"
    In this fifth definitive Usagi Yojimbo compilation, the rabbit ronin's friendship with retainer Tomoe Ame is spotlighted in the epic-length "Mother of Mountains," her origin "Tomoe's Story," and the poignant tea-ceremony tale "Chanoyu." Collects Usagi Yojimbo Volume 3 #76–#93, Usagi Yojimbo Color Special #1–#3, and more!
    • Full-color cover gallery!
    • Also available in a signed and numbered hardcover edition, limited to 1,500 copies!

World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 HC
    Matt Burns (W), Peter Lee (A), and Joseph Lacroix (A)
    On sale November 4
    FC, 184 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 9" x 12"
    Journey through an age of myth and legend, long before the Horde and the Alliance. This definitive tome reveals untold stories about the birth of the cosmos, the rise of ancient empires, and the forces that shaped Azeroth. Featuring original art, this is the first in a multipart series exploring the rich lore of the Warcraft universe, from the distant past to the modern era.
    • Featuring over twenty full-page illustrations by fan favorite Peter Lee!
    • Must-read companion to the Warcraft series.
    • Never-before-revealed secrets of the Warcraft universe!
    Thanks for heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Do you Like Hellboy? The Goon is almost Hellboy meets The Little Rascals...I can't wait to see the artwork in the OS HC...
    Love Hellboy.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Thanks for heads up!
    Any time

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Love Hellboy.
    You'd likely like The Goon alot too then. There's basically three "modes" in Goon. There's an overriding "mythology" that maybe half the stories revolve around. Then there's individual stories that are sort of little "historical vignettes" that play with the era The Goon takes place in (sort of a horror version of the great depression era small town America) - for instance there's some great stories about the local Football team The Fish Canners. Finally there's the outright comedy stories that are really very close in tone to classic Mad Magazine. Personally, I love the first too and think that aspect of Goon is pretty close to Hellboy good. The Mad Magazine style stories are more hit and miss with me. Still enjoyable, but just not what I really go for. But yeah ftmp its great stuff and the art is outstanding...

The Goon was actually the book that really got me "in to" comics a few years back. I'd started reading The Walking Dead (I guess technically it was TWD that turned me on to comics but I dropped that pretty soon as it wasn't my thing) when the show was about to start and while I was in my LCS looking for WD books I happened to flip through one of The Goon trades and loved the artwork so I bought the book and started reading. Enjoyed it and just kept going. However I haven't gone past Vol. 12 of the trades yet and since the LEs are starting now I'm going the HC route instead...
    Last edited by zevious zoquis; 06-11-2015 at 02:41 PM.

You'd likely like The Goon alot too then. There's basically three "modes" in Goon. There's an overriding "mythology" that maybe half the stories revolve around. Then there's individual stories that are sort of little "historical vignettes" that play with the era The Goon takes place in (sort of a horror version of the great depression era small town America) - for instance there's some great stories about the local Football team The Fish Canners. Finally there's the outright comedy stories that are really very close in tone to classic Mad Magazine. Personally, I love the first too and think that aspect of Goon is pretty close to Hellboy good. The Mad Magazine style stories are more hit and miss with me. Still enjoyable, but just not what I really go for. But yeah ftmp its great stuff and the art is outstanding...
    That is a really great description, thank you!
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

And for a straight up goon story that tugs on the heartstrings keep an eye out for Chinatown, which I'm guessing will be in vol 2 LE or maybe even vol 3, I love the goon but Chinatown moved my love to a whole other level

Fantastic Member

Yeah Chinatown is great stuff. Think that's volume 6 or 7 of the trades so should be in volume 2 of the LEs...

I really love the stories involving Buzzard too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    And for a straight up goon story that tugs on the heartstrings keep an eye out for Chinatown, which I'm guessing will be in vol 2 LE or maybe even vol 3, I love the goon but Chinatown moved my love to a whole other level
    Chinatown was the 6th trade so probably it gonna be in LE v2. An Artist edition of it is comming soon as well, and yeah, that's a really freakin' good story.

Fantastic Member

Looks like that Goon LE is basically the size of The Fear Agent books? That will be fantastic!

Looks like that Goon LE is basically the size of The Fear Agent books? That will be fantastic!
    And for 40 bucks! Why Marvel and DC can't do the same??

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I pre-ordered it from Indigo during that 20% off sale they had. My copy is locked in @ $22cdn...

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    They have a big and loyal fanbase that will pay whatever they want so they exploit them.

I know it's Fantagraphics but thought I'd ask here since Dark Horse publish the rest now. Is the Usagi Yojimbo Slipcase coming in September something that needs to be pre-ordered because it's going to be crazy popular? Basing this off of the hardcover seeming to have sold very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I know it's Fantagraphics but thought I'd ask here since Dark Horse publish the rest now. Is the Usagi Yojimbo Slipcase coming in September something that needs to be pre-ordered because it's going to be crazy popular? Basing this off of the hardcover seeming to have sold very well.
    Well, we don't know about the size of the printrun but from my experience, most of the "special" Usagi books quickly raise in value if the print run is small or if the edition is very "special". I think that the ~50 USD preorder price seems to be a deal fair enough based on Fantagraphics usual production quality and it would be OK to invest this amount.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo