Page 61 of 122 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johndoe4sho View Post
    They have a big and loyal fanbase that will pay whatever they want so they exploit them.
    The funny thing is that I would pay Marvel-level prices from DH and Image hardcovers but won't touch Marvel. I'm assuming there are others in this thread who are similar.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    The funny thing is that I would pay Marvel-level prices from DH and Image hardcovers but won't touch Marvel. I'm assuming there are others in this thread who are similar.
    I became similar a month or 2 ago. I would refuse to pay 20-22 pounds for a 220 page Marvel ohc but just did that with a Humanoids book and I have no regrets. Spending 12-15 pounds on a same length Marvel ohc? I have to think about that really hard now (especially that there are very few Marvel ohc-s that I really want and willing to pay that price for it).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I became similar a month or 2 ago. I would refuse to pay 20-22 pounds for a 220 page Marvel ohc but just did that with a Humanoids book and I have no regrets. Spending 12-15 pounds on a same length Marvel ohc? I have to think about that really hard now (especially that there are very few Marvel ohc-s that I really want and willing to pay that price for it).
    Yep, I'm the exact same. I love Humanoids and just bought about 10 new hardcovers from them. But Image, DH and Humanoids don't cut corners on OHC quality and you can tell the difference between them and Marvel OHCs.

It's a big part of why people find Tom Breevort so unbearable at times on his tumblr. He talks down to people asking about quality versus price and says they do the best they can and what do they know. Yet here's these smaller publishers with less famous material whose books are so much better quality. Embarrassingly better quality for so much less money.

I begrudgingly buy the Marvel stuff I want and jump at the other stuff happily.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    It's a big part of why people find Tom Breevort so unbearable at times on his tumblr. He talks down to people asking about quality versus price and says they do the best they can and what do they know. Yet here's these smaller publishers with less famous material whose books are so much better quality. Embarrassingly better quality for so much less money.

I begrudgingly buy the Marvel stuff I want and jump at the other stuff happily.
    That describes my buying practices spot on. I only jump on their books because I know they they go OOP in minutes. I rarely have enough in my budget to set aside for books from DH and Image, you know, the books I ACTUALLY REALLY want.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    That describes my buying practices spot on. I only jump on their books because I know they they go OOP in minutes. I rarely have enough in my budget to set aside for books from DH and Image, you know, the books I ACTUALLY REALLY want.
    I do understand the point, the situation and the problems, but still: Why don't you buy the stuff you REALLY want first? Kind of weird buying "ok" books just because you fear their going oop. If you collect to complete or to sell later, I get it. If you want to read and enjoy the books, I don't. And I totally have the same problem but the very lucky situation I can afford both kind of books at the same time. But if I couldn't I would buy the "good" books first (I think, for most of the books at least). Well I don't know. We're all crazy collectors afterall so no judgement. just being curious because the solution looks obvious.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    I do understand the point, the situation and the problems, but still: Why don't you buy the stuff you REALLY want first? Kind of weird buying "ok" books just because you fear their going oop. If you collect to complete or to sell later, I get it. If you want to read and enjoy the books, I don't. And I totally have the same problem but the very lucky situation I can afford both kind of books at the same time. But if I couldn't I would buy the "good" books first (I think, for most of the books at least). Well I don't know. We're all crazy collectors afterall so no judgement. just being curious because the solution looks obvious.
    Say I can only afford one book each month but there are two books being released this month that I want to buy: one from marvel, and one from image/DH. Do I:

a) buy the marvel book this month and a get the DH/Image book next month

or,

b) buy the DH/Image book this month, and next month... The marvel book has already gone oop and would cost me $200 on eBay, and won't be reprinted for a decade.

You're right, the solution is obvious!
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 06-15-2015 at 01:20 AM.

Amazing Member

Loving how fast Dark Horse is pumping those Usagi Saga books out. I know they have decades of work to use, but other publishers should take note.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Say I can only afford one book each month but there are two books being released this month that I want to buy: one from marvel, and one from image/DH. Do I:

a) buy the marvel book this month and a get the DH/Image book next month

or,

b) buy the DH/Image book this month, and next month... The marvel book has already gone oop and would cost me $200 on eBay, and won't be reprinted for a decade.

You're right, the solution is obvious!
    A!. Get the Marvel if you are concerned about going OOP. DH/Image are good about keeping books in print. Even so I I've never heard of any Marvel, DC, DH, or Image book going OOP within a month of release. Busiek Avenger will possibly be the fastest ever and that has been almost two months. This is an outlier too.

All-New Member

So what's up with the BPRD 1946-1948 omnibus? I had it sitting in my cart on IST and went to go complete order and it's no longer in my cart and can't find with the site search...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krelyan View Post
    So what's up with the BPRD 1946-1948 omnibus? I had it sitting in my cart on IST and went to go complete order and it's no longer in my cart and can't find with the site search...
    Still available here:

http://www.amazon.com/B-P-R-D-1946-1...7FAZMFJ1TAMNRH

and here:

http://www.talesofwonder.com/product...HC-(C-0-1-2)/0

Perhaps they didn't do a big print run. But it literally just came out a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by krelyan View Post
    On cheap-comics.com it says the book is already OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    On cheap-comics.com it says the book is already OOP.
    I ordered a copy on Tuesday and it was already out of stock at IST.

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    I pre-ordered it from Indigo during that 20% off sale they had. My copy is locked in @ $22cdn...
    Nice! I bought way too much stuff during that sale...