Page 62 of 122 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Thanks evilomar and MartinNL. Been super swamped with work so I had been working on making a list of releases from the past 2 months I had missed. Apparently, this was bad timing with the BPRD and the Busiek Avengers omnibus both already going OOP. =/

Anybody had bprd 1948 shipped from speedyhen yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Anybody had bprd 1948 shipped from speedyhen yet?
    nope
    it's in stock on wordery and with the 10% coupon READWITHDAD it's aprx the same price. Probably gonna wait until tomorrow then cancel my speedyhen order and order it from Wordery.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    nope
    it's in stock on wordery and with the 10% coupon READWITHDAD it's aprx the same price. Probably gonna wait until tomorrow then cancel my speedyhen order and order it from Wordery.
    cheers my good man, i'll probably do the same, is this a regular speedyhen occurrence? as i canceled all my FP preorders and moved them to SH as they are quite a bit cheaper, but if i have to worry about them not being shipped or having to keep checking up on stuff it's not worth the money I've saved, all i want to do is order stuff, then forget about it until it arrives

So I just preordered The Goon Library vol 1. I remember I sent Dark Horse a message about a year to two ago asking them to put out the Goon in deluxe editions and Scott Allie responded to me. He says there were no plans in the future to collect The Goon in deluxe hardcovers because the trades were still selling. I bugged him a few more times and let Eric Powell know about it. Lo and behold a nice Goon Library is upon us with many more volumes to come, I'm so excited. Moral of the story if you want something bad enough, make your voices heard. Dark Horse WILL listen.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    So I just preordered The Goon Library vol 1. I remember I sent Dark Horse a message about a year to two ago asking them to put out the Goon in deluxe editions and Scott Allie responded to me. He says there were no plans in the future to collect The Goon in deluxe hardcovers because the trades were still selling. I bugged him a few more times and let Eric Powell know about it. Lo and behold a nice Goon Library is upon us with many more volumes to come, I'm so excited. Moral of the story if you want something bad enough, make your voices heard. Dark Horse WILL listen.
    well done sir, get them to do proper Alien omni's and to carry on with the criminal macabre casebooks now

cheers my good man, i'll probably do the same, is this a regular speedyhen occurrence? as i canceled all my FP preorders and moved them to SH as they are quite a bit cheaper, but if i have to worry about them not being shipped or having to keep checking up on stuff it's not worth the money I've saved, all i want to do is order stuff, then forget about it until it arrives
    it can happen with the smaller publisher's stuff. Although I thought DH is not that small. A fellow forum member, Rich had his preorders cancelled frequently, I think most of them were Humanoids books.
    In case of Marvel and DC you don't have to worry.
    Now, my 2 preorders are BPRD and the new printing of Incal, so my finger is constantly above the CANCEL button :/

Update: the status of my BPRD hc is "ready to ship" now.

Update: the status of my BPRD hc is "ready to ship" now.
    from SH or Wordery? as i went ahead and cancelled with SH and ordered with the Wordery with the code you gave me (caved and ordered the Axis HC as well, despite what everyone says)

from SH or Wordery? as i went ahead and cancelled with SH and ordered with the Wordery with the code you gave me (caved and ordered the Axis HC as well, despite what everyone says)
    speedyhen
    But don't worry probably you are better off this way, in my experience if you order more books from wordery they gonna put all in a big box, tied down with plastic foil and Yodel gonna deliver it. Much safer than speedyhen's packaging (although Yodel tends to leave the packages under the doormat like this:

speedyhen
    But don't worry probably you are better off this way, in my experience if you order more books from wordery they gonna put all in a big box, tied down with plastic foil and Yodel gonna deliver it. Much safer than speedyhen's packaging (although Yodel tends to leave the packages under the doormat like this:
    ha, well hidden safe place

speedyhen
    lol...that's classic. Very inconspicuous.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    lol...that's classic. Very inconspicuous.
    honestly, it's the most pointless thing to do. If the package is that big that you can notice it from a certain distance and pick it up from under the mat before you step on it, then it's not hidden and anybody can see it and steal it, therefore f#&@ the delivery.
    If it is so well hidden that you don't notice it (in case of something slim), you gonna step on it and damage the product, therefore f#&@ the delivery.

honestly, it's the most pointless thing to do. If the package is that big that you can notice it from a certain distance and pick it up from under the mat before you step on it, then it's not hidden and anybody can see it and steal it, therefore f#&@ the delivery.
    If it is so well hidden that you don't notice it (in case of something slim), you gonna step on it and damage the product, therefore f#&@ the delivery.
    It's the thought that counts
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    It's the thought that counts
    I agree, it's actually more effort put in than my some of my delivery guys. Sometimes they'll just toss it at my doorstep and that's that. All the regular UPS guys know me by now because I've been ordering so many books online lately but sometimes there's a new guy on duty for the day and he'll occasionally just leave it at my doorstep without dropping it off at the post office if I'm not there. I really hate that so much.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus