Page 65 of 122 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Hi guys... can someone show me a photo of the new Usagi Yojimbo tpb edition? I would like to see the spine in particular... thanks! I'm from Italy and I order this kind of books just online on amazon et simila, so I can't see the actual book and how it is made.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    Hi guys... can someone show me a photo of the new Usagi Yojimbo tpb edition? I would like to see the spine in particular... thanks! I'm from Italy and I order this kind of books just online on amazon et simila, so I can't see the actual book and how it is made.
    Are you talking about Volume 3? I posted a picture of the spine in another thread. It is a purple-ish color that is kinda hard to see in the picture.

http://community.comicbookresources....9&d=1435455481
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Are you talking about Volume 3? I posted a picture of the spine in another thread. It is a purple-ish color that is kinda hard to see in the picture.

bit off topic but your picture reminded me that I wanted to ask: how is the build quality of the Rising stars compendium reprint? Is it as good as other Image compendiums?

Oh thank you man! The first two volumes got the same spines?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Yes. Same design, but different colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    bit off topic but your picture reminded me that I wanted to ask: how is the build quality of the Rising stars compendium reprint? Is it as good as other Image compendiums?
    Took it out of shrink last night and it seems solid, much like Walking Dead but maybe not quite as good. It's a lot better than those crappy Elephantmen TPBs though. The recent book I got that I am disappointed by is Sanctum Redux but this isn't really the thread to discuss that. The build is crappy and the size is too small for that many pages.
    Last edited by Dorktron; 06-30-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Took it out of shrink last night and it seems solid, much like Walking Dead but maybe not quite as good. It's a lot better than those crappy Elephanmen TPBs though. The recent book I got that I am disappointed by is Sanctum Redux but this isn't really the thread to discuss that. The build is crappy and the size is too small for that many pages.
    have you ever read a Dark horse manga omnibus? (just to stay on topic). Very hard to open them and read comfortably (small size but 6-700 pages). I will probably get the original version of Sanctum, just not enough space on my shelves for thick manga volumes (also, I prefer the original versions in every media in general...and also it's a hc ).
    Good news that RS is seems to be a nice quality book, thanks.

have you ever read a Dark horse manga omnibus? (just to stay on topic). Very hard to open them and read comfortably (small size but 6-700 pages). I will probably get the original version of Sanctum, just not enough space on my shelves for thick manga volumes (also, I prefer the original versions in every media in general...and also it's a hc ).
    Good news that RS is seems to be a nice quality book, thanks.
    Yeah, I have a few Aliens and Star Wars omniboo (is that what you mean by manga-sized?). Can't say I'm a fan of that format, either.

Yeah, I have a few Aliens and Star Wars omniboo (is that what you mean by manga-sized?). Can't say I'm a fan of that format, either.
    I meant the real manga stuff like Lone wolf and cub or Trigun. I think those use even thicker (pulpy) paper, the Trigun one is really hard to open without damaging the spine, it's so chunky but very short at the same time.

I meant the real manga stuff like Lone wolf and cub or Trigun. I think those use even thicker (pulpy) paper, the Trigun one is really hard to open without damaging the spine, it's so chunky but very short at the same time.
    Ah, gotcha. Nope, I don't have those but their Star Wars and Aliens omniboo are a little too small and thick for my liking.

Amazing Member

Just got my vol 1 today. Here's what the spine looks like.

Here's the spines for the first three volumes of Usagi Saga if you're interested:

Usagi book spines.jpg

Also, in case anyone's wondering, the Usagi Saga books are larger than the usual Dark Horse omnibii, but slightly smaller than a regular sized comic book or collection. It doesn't really affect the reading of the stories, though, even in the middle of the volumes.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 06-30-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Here's the spines for the first three volumes of Usagi Saga if you're interested:

Usagi book spines.jpg

Also, in case anyone's wondering, the Usagi Saga books are larger than the usual Dark Horse omnibii, but slightly smaller than a regular sized comic book or collection. It doesn't really affect the reading of the stories, though, even in the middle of the volumes.
    Yeah, the Usagi books are actually really well made for the price. I think there will be 6 or 7 of these before they catch up to where the single issues are but it will be interesting to see if they keep releasing them so quickly or if they will start to slow down on them to get people to buy the trades.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post

Usagi book spines.jpg

Wow, very good looking spines. Thank you! I tought they were shorter than the Mind Mgmt (10.5) books for example, but the same size of a Marvel/Image/DC paperback (10.2). Am I wrong?

P.S The paper is glossy or matte?

Wow, very good looking spines. Thank you! I tought they were shorter than the Mind Mgmt (10.5) books for example, but the same size of a Marvel/Image/DC paperback (10.2). Am I wrong?

P.S The paper is glossy or matte?
    No, you are right. I thought they were slightly smaller, but I measured one against a regular tpb and they are the same size. It's not glossy paper, but it has a nice feel and holds the ink well. I don't think it's matte, either, but I'm pretty happy with the package altogether.