Page 69 of 122 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1818

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 1 is showing as Preorder for sale October 31. This could be great news anyone heard any news about a reprint?
    It says 2014...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    It says 2014...
    D'oh, maybe I was a little bit over excited. Still, I'll throw a pre-order in, the worst that happens is it gets canceled.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    It's gonna be 5 volumes in total, right?
    Depends on how many Goon stories there are I guess! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Depends on how many Goon stories there are I guess! Lol
    The entire series is collected in 15 tpbs and each Library should collect 3 stories (not the first one that will collect also number 0)

Dark Horse is a bit of a....dark horse for me. They put such loving care into their reprints library of licensed material, but their own collections are overpriced, and shody quality, with MGMT being the only exception.

For example, you can get a volume of Usagi Yojimbo for like, $25, and it's 500 pages or so, and printed in North America, yet one of their own ongoings in TPB will be a chinese print, and like $23!~

For the Hellboy library editions do I need to do that binding loosening technique?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Fantastic Member

I'm tempted on the Goon library editions but I have all the trades....and all of them signed by Eric Powell. I am dumping my signed Kabuki comics for the library editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    For the Hellboy library editions do I need to do that binding loosening technique?
    I did it just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I did it just to be sure but when I took out v1 from the shrink wrap it basically opened by itself and laid flat without making any noise. Then it went to the kitchen, made me a coffee and a sandwich, gave me a back massage and emptied the bins.
    Damn those HB LE-s are so damn good!

Fantastic Member

So, the HCs from the January solicitations:

The Art of Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End HC
    Evan Shannon (W), and Naughty Dog (A/Cover)
    On sale Mar 8
    FC, 176 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 9" x 12"
    Journey alongside Nathan Drake once again, as Naughty Dog and Dark Horse Books team up to bring you this comprehensive and breathtaking exploration into Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End! Numerous never-before-seen designs and concept art accompanied by commentary from the developers give you behind-the-scenes access to the creation of this gaming masterwork.
    • Filled with never-before-seen art from the creators of the game!
    • The essential companion to the Uncharted franchise’s newest installment!
    • Commentary by Naughty Dog creators throughout!

Conan Volume 19: Xuthal of the Dusk HC
    Fred Van Lente (W), Brian Ching (A), Guiu Vilanova (A), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Eric Powell (Cover)
    On sale Mar 2
    FC, 176 pages
    $24.99
    HC, 7" x 10"
    Conan and the former slave girl Natala dare to enter the city of Xuthal, where a mysterious horror waits in the shadows! Then, Conan fights a deadly duel as Janissa the Widowmaker makes her triumphant return! This enthralling volume collects issues #13–#19 of the Conan the Avenger series.

The EC Archives: Shock SuspenStories Volume 1 HC
    Bill Gaines (W), Al Feldstein (W/A), Jerry De Fuccio (W), Jack Kamen (A), Jack Davis (A), Joe Orlando (A), Graham Ingels (A), and Wally Wood (A/Cover)
    On sale Mar 16
    FC, 216 pages
    $49.99
    HC, 8 3/16" x 11"
    This beautiful hardcover reprints the first six complete issues of the pulp-comic classic Shock SuspenStories! Featuring the titanic artistic talents of Al Feldstein, Jack Kamen, Jack Davis, Joe Orlando, Graham Ingels, and Wally Wood, with a foreword by Steven Spielberg! Collects issues #1–#6 in full color!

World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 HC
    Matt Burns (W), Peter Lee (A), and Joseph Lacroix (A)
    On sale November 4
    FC, 184 pages
    $39.99
    HC, 9" x 12"
    Journey through an age of myth and legend, long before the Horde and the Alliance. This definitive tome reveals untold stories about the birth of the cosmos, the rise of ancient empires, and the forces that shaped Azeroth. Featuring original art, this is the first in a multipart series exploring the rich lore of the Warcraft universe, from the distant past to the modern era.
    • Featuring over twenty full-page illustrations by fan favorite Peter Lee!
    • Must-read companion to the Warcraft series.
    • Never-before-revealed secrets of the Warcraft universe!

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I did it just to be sure but when I took out v1 from the shrink wrap it basically opened by itself and laid flat without making any noise. Then it went to the kitchen, made me a coffee and a sandwich, gave me a back massage and emptied the bins.
    Damn those HB LE-s are so damn good!
    Surprised it didn't make pancakes

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Surprised it didn't make pancakes
    good one sire, good one

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
    Dark Horse is a bit of a....dark horse for me. They put such loving care into their reprints library of licensed material, but their own collections are overpriced, and shody quality, with MGMT being the only exception.

For example, you can get a volume of Usagi Yojimbo for like, $25, and it's 500 pages or so, and printed in North America, yet one of their own ongoings in TPB will be a chinese print, and like $23!~
    If you think Fear Agent, Kabuki, Hellboy and the Buffy Seasons Library Editions are overpriced, you clearly have never bought a Marvel OHC. And let's not even mention Colossal Conan? Can you imagine how much would 1264 pages of Absolute-sized thick paper with an amazing binding would cost if it'd been a Marvel or DC book? And then there's Big Damn City...

Some random HC could be considered expensive, but Dark Horse is definitely the best publisher of collected editions out there, not only in terms of price, but also in terms of quality.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    good one sire, good one
    I couldn't resist hahaha I always like reading Hellboy around now. My favorite story is The Wolves of St August(wellllll they're all my favorite but this one always creeps me out. One of the greatest series ever) perhaps i'll read and watch the Wolfman after. Sounds like a plan to me!

Mmmmmmm pancakes hehe
    Last edited by Gerald Keefer; 10-16-2015 at 03:09 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post

I don't know what you're talking about. Are you confusing publishers or something?