Page 70 of 122 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1818

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    I couldn't resist hahaha I always like reading Hellboy around now. My favorite story is The Wolves of St August(wellllll they're all my favorite but this one always creeps me out. One of the greatest series ever) perhaps i'll read and watch the Wolfman after. Sounds like a plan to me!

Mmmmmmm pancakes hehe
    My favorite is The corpse, but yeah, love them all, especially when Fegredo came along. I thought nobody can top Mignola but he did it for me (and don't get me wrong, Mignola is super awesome).

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Oh man The Corpse is brilliant as well! Creepy and a little more levity than Wolves. I love Fegredo as well. Not as much as Mignola but he's close.

Incredible Member

So just came across this on amazon...

The Guild Library Edition Volume 1 - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1616559...6110_AA75_QL70

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post

The Guild Library Edition Volume 1 - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1616559...6110_AA75_QL70
    What's it about?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    What's it about?
    it's based on Felicia Day's eponymous webseries about a group (well, a guild) of MMORPG'ers
    i watched and enjoyed a couple of seasons of the webseries but never read the comic. i should check it out sometime.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post

Huh? Never heard of that series before. Any good?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Huh? Never heard of that series before. Any good?

To watch? Yes, it's pretty good, specially if you're nerd person, played some MMO's.

Fantastic Member

So I'm on an Aliens kick after the Salvation hardcover got me all jazzed. What other Aliens universe hardcovers should I look for? So far I've found Tribes by Steve Bissette and Dave Dorman which ought to be good, right? Is there a normal deluxe edition of the Simonson Alien hardcover or just the expensive one? Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    So I'm on an Aliens kick after the Salvation hardcover got me all jazzed. What other Aliens universe hardcovers should I look for? So far I've found Tribes by Steve Bissette and Dave Dorman which ought to be good, right? Is there a normal deluxe edition of the Simonson Alien hardcover or just the expensive one? Any other suggestions?
    I just saw the Dark Horse Prometheus book on sale today and was wondering if anyone here has read the issues included and if they are any good.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I just saw the Dark Horse Prometheus book on sale today and was wondering if anyone here has read the issues included and if they are any good.

Anyone?
    I read some of the singles but stopped about halfway through. I think the it was the Prometheus book that was actually pretty good, but everything else was very mediocre in my opinion. If you're a fan of the franchise I'm sure you'll get some enjoyment out of it. Also it might read a lot better when it's all collected together.

Does anyone how the issues are ordered in the book? Chronological or by title?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Bissette's Tribes is an illustrated novella, not a traditional comic. It's very good, but if you're looking for sequential artwork from Dorman, you're only getting spot illustrations.

I don't believe there's a more affordable HC for the Goodwin/Simonson Alien adaptation, but there is an oversized tpb from Titan.

Received my copy of Prometheus: The Complete Fire and Stone and was shocked to find out it has the same dimensions as their Library Editions. Just a beautiful book. I will take some pics later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    Received my copy of Prometheus: The Complete Fire and Stone and was shocked to find out it has the same dimensions as their Library Editions. Just a beautiful book. I will take some pics later today.
    That will be great mate. I can't wait to get mine. Can you confirm the order in which the issues are laid out ?

Covers/Spine

Great binding as always from Dark Horse

Flipping through the book briefly it seems to appear that the reading order is exactly like the title page in descending order

Prometheus #1-#4
    Aliens #1-#4
    Alien vs. Predator #1-#4
    Predator #1-#4
    Prometheus: Fire and Stone--Omega one shot