Page 71 of 122 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1818

Another beautiful book I received was the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Minicomic Collection.

Covers

Size comparison to the Prometheus: Fire and Stone and a regular OHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    Great binding as always from Dark Horse

Flipping through the book briefly it seems to appear that the reading order is exactly like the title page in descending order

Prometheus #1-#4
    Aliens #1-#4
    Alien vs. Predator #1-#4
    Predator #1-#4
    Prometheus: Fire and Stone--Omega one shot

Thanks for the pics dude and thanks for answering my question. A little disappointed that the stories are not in chronological order but it still looks like an amazing book non the less.

How are the extras ?

P.s. He-man looks amazing.

No worries! Glad I could be of some help. The book has a nice amount of extras with about 60 pages of sketches and commentary from some of the editors and artists.

I'm very impressed with what Dark Horse was able to do with He-Man. At over 1,000 pages and at smaller size, the binding is of course going to be a little tight but there is little to no significant gutter loss.

No worries! Glad I could be of some help. The book has a nice amount of extras with about 60 pages of sketches and commentary from some of the editors and artists.

I'm very impressed with what Dark Horse was able to do with He-Man. At over 1,000 pages and at smaller size, the binding is of course going to be a little tight but there is little to no significant gutter loss.

Dude, I think you just sold me on the he-man book lol

Spectacular Member

The book looks really cool!

Is this any good - story/art-wise? Just remember the character from my childhood.

All-New Member

Are the pages glued to the spine, it is hard to see in the pictures, would hope that it is not - so it would be easier to keep open.

Volume 2 of Angel & Faith season 9 LE is mine since last month (it was published last August). If someone is interesting in this book I have uploaded pictures and full content details here http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...y-edition.html

How are the stories from the Fire & Stone book?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    How are the stories from the Fire & Stone book?
    Ditto. Cause I'm extremely impressed with the book after those pics(thanks on that by the way)

I'm also adding the He-Man to my longer list of gets. Hope it's still in stock come 2016!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

Been wanting to get into some alien/predator stories and ordered after seeing the above pics. Dark Horse puts out such awesome books.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Not sure if they will be released in a bprd sized omni as they have already come out as slim HC's and none of mignolas other stuff has, so I think we may be stuck with them as is, I have read that everything that has or is being released that is connected to bellboy will eventually be coming out in Omni's (apart from HB which will still be in the library editions)
    That's the plan.

I was also very pleasantly surprised by the Fire and Stone hardcover! A lovely surprise on my birthday today to see it arrive and be so great a package. Hope the story lives up but I'm a sucker for Alien stuff anyway and actually enjoyed Prometheus unlike some people so even an average story would be enjoyable enough I guess.

Is the first volume of Usagi Yojimbo saga OOP? That would be brilliant, I was waiting for the Fantagraphic slipcase to come out and by the time it did the DH volume went oop...
    Perfect timing * insert irony *

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Is the first volume of Usagi Yojimbo saga OOP? That would be brilliant, I was waiting for the Fantagraphic slipcase to come out and by the time it did the DH volume went oop...
    Perfect timing * insert irony *
    Amazon UK is currently showing 7 copies of the paperback in stock. The Hardcover when OoP before it hit the shelves because it was only a 900 copy print run (I had two preorder canceled due to lack of stock )

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Amazon UK is currently showing 7 copies of the paperback in stock. The Hardcover when OoP before it hit the shelves because it was only a 900 copy print run (I had two preorder canceled due to lack of stock )
    yeah but I'm not paying 19 pounds when it was 13,5 a month or so ago :P I have some principles. Some. Not much