Page 74 of 122 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1818
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Oh, that Aliens 30th Anniversary hardcover looks interesting. Anybody ever read that series?
    I loved that series when it first came out, but haven't dug up the floppies in at least 15 years to see if they still hold up. I have no idea if my ten year old brain just loved them because I loved the Aliens movies, or if they were actually good.

I'll probably buy this simply because I want to encourage them to release the second series in hardcover as well. I absolutely loved Den Beauvais artwork on it. Outstanding stuff.

Fantastic Member

My Goon LE arrived today and ohhhhhhhhh BABY that's a nice book! Especially at $22 cdn! I'm gonna post some pics when I get home today...

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    My Goon LE arrived today and ohhhhhhhhh BABY that's a nice book! Especially at $22 cdn! I'm gonna post some pics when I get home today...
    Please do!

Fantastic Member

Here they be...

with the dust jacket...

without...

Spine...
    Last edited by zevious zoquis; 11-23-2015 at 05:30 PM.

Fantastic Member

innards...

Thanks for the pictures, I'll definitely be ordering that! Interesting it comes with a dust jacket, didn't think Dark Horse did that with LE.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Thanks for the pictures, I'll definitely be ordering that! Interesting it comes with a dust jacket, didn't think Dark Horse did that with LE.
    It is basically the case for all Dark Horse LE I got except Hellboy (Buffy, Angel, BPRD HC)

Fantastic Member

well,the BPRD books aren't really Library Editions. The Fear Agent books are without dust covers...

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

well,the BPRD books aren't really Library Editions. The Fear Agent books are without dust covers...
    Yeah, Kabuki and Avatar are dustcoverless as well.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I wish the HB LE's had dust covers, I hate the covers as they are, I wish they were all standard length as well, but they were among the first LE's and DH seem to really have their **** together now

Fantastic Member

dust shmust...the HB LEs are beautiful books.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I wish the HB LE's had dust covers, I hate the covers as they are, I wish they were all standard length as well, but they were among the first LE's and DH seem to really have their **** together now
    HB library edtion vol 1 will be at my door in a week or so and im slightly worried about the cover picking up dust and what not with it having cloth on it. Ill probably try to bag it if I can find a bag that fits it. Wish it had a DJ too just for that reason, but either way still a beautiful book!

Amazing Member

Here they be...

with the dust jacket...

Ordered... Damn my wallet hates you guys. But my bookshelf loves you!

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    HB library edtion vol 1 will be at my door in a week or so and im slightly worried about the cover picking up dust and what not with it having cloth on it. Ill probably try to bag it if I can find a bag that fits it. Wish it had a DJ too just for that reason, but either way still a beautiful book!
    Once the dust gets bad enough to cover the entire book it all matches again and your problem disappears ha ha.

I know it's been answered many times but what kind of stories are in the first Kabuki LE? I'm thinking of grabbing that and The Goon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    Once the dust gets bad enough to cover the entire book it all matches again and your problem disappears ha ha.

I know it's been answered many times but what kind of stories are in the first Kabuki LE? I'm thinking of grabbing that and The Goon.
    It's a kind of crime-revenge story with a bit of mysticism. It's quite decompressed and the art is b&w mostly, but it's good stuff. Then the last chapter is the abstract, painted MAck style with even more decompressed storytelling which I just didn't care for.
    But the majority of the book is good although I probably won't pick up further volumes since folks here told me those are in the painted, artsy decompressed style which I'm not really into.