Page 8 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    With all of Dark Horses unopposed OHC supreme awesomeness, I can't believe they didn't try to cash in on Star Wars before they lost the rights. They'd have cleaned up. Instead they do all the classic restoration and print them in sxxtty undersized paperbacks.
    They obviously thought they would make more money cramming out as many tpb Omnibus as possible before the cut-off date rather than suddenly switching over to oversized StarWars books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Check the first page of the general HC thread. It links to many books people posted pics of in that thread, including TLotFK.
    Thanks a lot!

Anyone pick up the Dragon Age Library Edition? Curious if it's good. Also wondering if the stories are any good too.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Anyone pick up the Dragon Age Library Edition? Curious if it's good. Also wondering if the stories are any good too.
    That's a good question. As a big fan of the games, I'd be interested in this as well.

What about Mass Effect LE? What's everyone's opinion on this book?

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    That's a good question. As a big fan of the games, I'd be interested in this as well.

What about Mass Effect LE? What's everyone's opinion on this book?
    The art on it was pretty good but I felt the stories were kinda bland myself. I may need to reread them though. I'm hoping that they couldn't just do any real stories since the games were still going on at the time. Hopefully since that part of Mass Effect is over they can tell better stories without worrying about what's going to happen in the games. I'm also hoping that since Foundation is 12 or 13 issues long that it'll get the Library Edition treatment when it's finally done.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Well, it's not out yet but it's probably like the other LE'S, so great quality. From what I've heard about the stories, they are very fun for people familiar with the world altough some characters are changed a bit, fans of the game gave it great scores.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Well, it's not out yet but it's probably like the other LE'S, so great quality. From what I've heard about the stories, they are very fun for people familiar with the world altough some characters are changed a bit, fans of the game gave it great scores.
    It came out this week, so I was wondering if anyone grabbed it up. Probably going to grab it myself at some point (just placed an order myself but other books were a higher priority), just looking for some thoughts on the content. That's good that people who liked the game liked the comic, maybe I'll like it then. I just remember going into Mass Effect blind and feeling kinda meh about it, but then again it's like they went out of their way to either use non-characters or the ones I didn't really care for. That and besides all of the Illusive Man's backstory they added, they were all nonstories really. Like whole miniseries of filler.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

It came out this week, so I was wondering if anyone grabbed it up. Probably going to grab it myself at some point (just placed an order myself but other books were a higher priority), just looking for some thoughts on the content. That's good that people who liked the game liked the comic, maybe I'll like it then. I just remember going into Mass Effect blind and feeling kinda meh about it, but then again it's like they went out of their way to either use non-characters or the ones I didn't really care for. That and besides all of the Illusive Man's backstory they added, they were all nonstories really. Like whole miniseries of filler.
    Hmm, Amazon says june 17, must be a delay from amazon. As much as I like Library Editions, I think I'm gonna hold off on Dragon age, at least until I try the game.

Does anyone have the Avatar The Last Airbender Library Editions? How are those story and quality wise (same as for example Fear agent? )
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Hmm, Amazon says june 17, must be a delay from amazon. As much as I like Library Editions, I think I'm gonna hold off on Dragon age, at least until I try the game.
    Amazon gets almost all their books like 2 weeks after comic shops/places like IST do.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Does anyone have the Avatar The Last Airbender Library Editions? How are those story and quality wise (same as for example Fear agent? )
    Victor, Dragon Age Origins was one of the best games I've had the pleasure of playing. So fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Victor, Dragon Age Origins was one of the best games I've had the pleasure of playing. So fun.
    Than I guess I have to pick it up soon. What sorta game is it? Is it somewhat similiar to Fable? Or more somthing like God if war?

Than I guess I have to pick it up soon. What sorta game is it? Is it somewhat similiar to Fable? Or more somthing like God if war?
    The first one is more like Fable mixed with Baldur's Gate. The first one was made to be a throwback to the old DnD games from the late 90s/earl 2000s like Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale and games like that. I think on PC it even kinda plays like those games (only played it on console but that's what I've heard). The story has alot of choices and sides you can take, and a lot of memorable characters you can have in your party and whatnot. A ton of replayability. One of the few modern games I've actually played through multiple times.

The second one went alot further into the action side of combat, which I didn't mind as much, but it was rushed in ways you can tell, i.e. all the dungeons look alike and there was nowhere near as much replayablity. But it had more of an ACTUAL story than the first one did.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

All-New Member

Can anyone recommend Mignolia's Baltimore hardcovers?

I LOVE Mignolia's work, especially anything Hellboy related. Have all six Library editions owned, so am curious what everyone thinks of his other works. HC book 4 of Baltimore comes out soon, so thinking about picking up this series. As good as Hellboy?

Quote Originally Posted by MrStayPuft View Post
    Can anyone recommend Mignolia's Baltimore hardcovers?

I LOVE Mignolia's work, especially anything Hellboy related. Have all six Library editions owned, so am curious what everyone thinks of his other works. HC book 4 of Baltimore comes out soon, so thinking about picking up this series. As good as Hellboy?
    It's definitely some of his better horror work. The hc's are not oversized (I thought) but the story is damn strong

BANNED

Has anyone who bought the Colossal Conan found that the binding falls apart? Mine looked pretty bad when I first got it with the cardboard backing warped and peeling off in places, and as Ive started reading it the cardboard and ribbon have come free from its glue on the spine entirely. The only book Ive ever seen with this kind of problem before is Marvel's The Stand omnibus.

I think I am going to return it and hope the replacement Amazon sends me is better. I hate to send it back because it's really such a beautiful book and the binding, while ugly as sin all peeled apart like that, is actually holding the pages together fine. But I just can't justify spending over 100 dollars (in Canada) on a book where parts of the binding are falling off.