Page 96 of 122 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1818

I really want whoever currently has the Robocop rights to release a nice hardcover of the Marvel series + adaptations. A really good underrated gem. Maybe Boom could do it like they did with Bill & Ted and Nightbreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just thought I would resurrect the DH thread, any news on any lovely new library edition releases? My new favourite format (especially at the price DH put them out) also any release date for Alien earth wars (or whatever it was renamed) or news on the predator/robocop/alien vs predator/ the thing books DH released getting some LE love?
    I really like the format as well, tho I feel Dark Horse should be pickier over what series get one and which ones don't.

Some more good stuff then

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    You are in luck dude. Check it out.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Predator-Or...r+comic+series

Regarding Aliens Vol 2. It's out in April around 'Aliens Day'
    Great news, just need Aliens vs Predator and I'll be a happy man

I'm with you there. Although, I believe it is in dire need of a recolour. All the problems when the issues where released, with artists changing and different colourists, is really evident. The excellent line works are not done any justice.

I know you are quite picky with your books and dispose of everything that you don't really like (so I tend to give books a go if you like them) so what do you think about these anniversary Alien and Predator stuff? Is it really good or just nostalgia and a fan thing? I LOVE Alien and Aliens but never really read the comics except for a few issues like 18-20 years ago. Same with Predator (although I'm a bigger Alien fan especially Aliens, one of my all time favourite movies).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I know you are quite picky with your books and dispose of everything that you don't really like (so I tend to give books a go if you like them) so what do you think about these anniversary Alien and Predator stuff? Is it really good or just nostalgia and a fan thing? I LOVE Alien and Aliens but never really read the comics except for a few issues like 18-20 years ago. Same with Predator (although I'm a bigger Alien fan especially Aliens, one of my all time favourite movies).
    The first few Aliens, Predator, and Terminator books are quite good and hold up. The first AvP story does as well. The Aliens books probably stay consistently good the longest.

Anyone know where I can get the Manara Library hardcovers at a reasonable price in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    The first few Aliens, Predator, and Terminator books are quite good and hold up. The first AvP story does as well. The Aliens books probably stay consistently good the longest.
    Thanks. I will probably get at least the first alien one if I can find it for a good price.

I enjoyed them when they came out, not sure how well they will hold up when reading them now, but I am a big Alien and Predator fan, hell I even watched the AvP movies more than once.

Is anyone planning on getting the Dept.h hardcover out this month? Does anyone read it? Any good?
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Is anyone planning on getting the Dept.h hardcover out this month? Does anyone read it? Any good?
    Its quite good; I'm reading it in singles. The paper they selected is slightly newsprint based but thicker and show richer color than what they used in Mind Mgmt. Not sure whether same paper in in the HC.

So I have a very itchy trigger finger for the Grendel omnibuses (planning to buy them this week) but just wanted to ask before I get them if there are any production flaws? I know they are undersized but are they tend to fall apart or does the spine gets creased because of its thickness? Or they can't be opened properly because of the size and thickness and speechbubbles get lost in the gutter?

So I have a very itchy trigger finger for the Grendel omnibuses (planning to buy them this week) but just wanted to ask before I get them if there are any production flaws? I know they are undersized but are they tend to fall apart or does the spine gets creased because of its thickness? Or they can't be opened properly because of the size and thickness and speechbubbles get lost in the gutter?

Since I haven't read them in a while I just looked for you. There appears to some pages in the middle of volume 3 (that's the book I grabbed) in which you really have to hold it open to catch some of the words. I mean it's not a huge deal but it happens sometimes. The spines are strong, tho, so no worries.

I freakin' love this series. I've read it and the Grendel Tales (which I wish they would collect) tons of times over the years. The only major problem is that the Batman/Grendel (both volumes) aren't collected. Obviously because of copyright reasons, but those stories are in continuity with Grendel.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Since I haven't read them in a while I just looked for you. There appears to some pages in the middle of volume 3 (that's the book I grabbed) in which you really have to hold it open to catch some of the words. I mean it's not a huge deal but it happens sometimes. The spines are strong, tho, so no worries.

I freakin' love this series. I've read it and the Grendel Tales (which I wish they would collect) tons of times over the years. The only major problem is that the Batman/Grendel (both volumes) aren't collected. Obviously because of copyright reasons, but those stories are in continuity with Grendel.
    thanks for checking! if it's readable then it's cool. Am I gonna be lost without the Batman crossovers though?

btw, the Grendel Tales omnibus seems to be happening in August:
    https://www.amazon.com/Matt-Wagners-...N%3D1506703283