Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Madame Web casting news

looks like sony really is going for it
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/da...in-solo-movie/
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    looks like sony really is going for it
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/da...in-solo-movie/
    By the look of it, pretty sure it will be Julia Carpenter's version, not Cassandra Webb.

Yeah, she's definitely too young to be the original one, but the right age to be the legacy character.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

...I mean, Dakota Johnson is nice, but why?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...I mean, Dakota Johnson is nice, but why?
    Young enough to have the character continue to show up in future movies and not get recast, and is also a pretty good actress too at that. See no reason why not, if Sony is really going to go through with this.

Also, let´s be honest, not only are they probably gonna use this movie to spin-off basically INFINITE films about alternate Spider-Men, they´re gonna want her to show up in the next Spider-Man trilogy, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Also, let´s be honest, not only are they probably gonna use this movie to spin-off basically INFINITE films about alternate Spider-Men, they´re gonna want her to show up in the next Spider-Man trilogy, lol.
    This seems to be true based on Deadline's info:

Insiders say due to her psychic sensory powers, she is essentially Sony’s version of Doctor Strange.
    So Sony wants a magic or magic adjacent user of their own to control the Spider-Verse and Madame Web is the one who best fits the bill. She may also be able to "fix" the spell placed at the end of No Way Home if ever needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Young enough to have the character continue to show up in future movies and not get recast, and is also a pretty good actress too at that. See no reason why not, if Sony is really going to go through with this.

Yeah, but Madame Web!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This seems to be true based on Deadline's info:

So Sony wants a magic or magic adjacent user of their own to control the Spider-Verse and Madame Web is the one who best fits the bill. She may also be able to "fix" the spell placed at the end of No Way Home if ever needed.
    They are really trying to force this Spidey Cinematic Universe.

Ignoring the concept of "Sony is trying to push a Madame Web spinoff movie", I think Dakota Johnson is actually a great casting for Julia Carpenter. With that said I'd much rather see her as Spider-Woman/Arachne.

From the MCU thread-

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They gotta use what they have. The paraplegic psychic angle is a unique gimmick. And if they wanna build a Sonyverse, Madame Web is a way to facilitate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Madame Web could be the Nick Fury figure brining people together. Her telepathic powers allow for her to just send a telepathic message telling "insert character" some plot tease.

I'd prefer Clone Conspiracy or Ends of the Earth being used if they want a team up film. Spider-Island works if you wanna bring in the spider people. I don't care about the Spiderverse that much. It looses appeal after awhile.

Speaking of madame web--

[IMG][/IMG]

Euphoria star (and Zendaya's co-star on the show) Sydney Sweeney joins Dakota Johnson in Madame Web

Looks like the rumors of this being a female character team-up movie might be true. Could Sweeney be playing one of Black Cat or Spider-Gwen?

We're really doing this...

Extraordinary Member

I gotta say of all the things they could do I don't get why this is the one they are going w/

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Euphoria star (and Zendaya's co-star on the show) Sydney Sweeney joins Dakota Johnson in Madame Web

Looks like the rumors of this being a female character team-up movie might be true. Could Sweeney be playing one of Black Cat or Spider-Gwen?
    I really really hope she's playing Black Cat. She's born to play Felicia! She has the look, the gravitas and the sex appeal.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I really really hope she's playing Black Cat. She's born to play Felicia! She has the look, the gravitas and the sex appeal.
    Even then how would she even interact w/ Peter since he's in the MCU and the Venom/Morbius/Web aren't IIRC

I can see that otherwise