Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    The director has done mostly tv work, most notably she directed a couple of episodes of Jessica Jones and Defenders.
    Ah, right, should find what episodes they are and ask a friend of mine if they're alright episodes.

Probably what's more worrying is the screenwriters. They're the same duo who made Morbius (and countless other box-office and critical bombs, like Gods of Egypt and The Last Witch Hunter). It baffles me that these two guys still have a job despite all of their movies being box-office failures, let alone still being contracted by the same company whose last movie they wrote was the biggest laughing stock of superhero films of the last years.
    I was gonna make a "movie made Morbillion dollars", but that's probably overused at this point.

And damn, guess that ends any chance of the movie being even fun garbage, oh well, when's El Muerto again? .

Also, I don't think this is gonna be Anya. I don't think they'll cast a non-latina actress to play one the most latina superheroes. The synopsis implies the protagonist is going to be a young Cassandra Webb instead of Julia Carpenter, as originally speculated, so I think she'll be playing either Julia or even Mattie Franklin.
    Maybe lol.

Also I wonder if the Anya mention is what suddenly summoned you .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hey I feel the same, while I see more potential for Julia (Or Julia-like) Madame Web being the protagonist of a story compared to Cassandra (Sit in a chair and help someone else), it's still questionable because neither of them ever did anything that could lead a story, and it's more noticeable with Julia who in theory could do more than just "Hey, Spidey, dangerous ****'s gonna happen. Later!", again, nothing was done lol.

Like, who's she even gonna fight? Gonna steal from Anya and deal with Sisterhood of Wasp? Or gonna deal with a forgotten D-lister like Lobo Brothers? Looter/Meteor Man? Swarm? The Answer (̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶P̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶ ̶3̶)̶?

There's also this article:

https://www.cbr.com/madame-web-sony-...trange-marvel/

If this is right, is she gonna have magic too? If so how much? And is she gonna be used for Multiverse nonsense as well?

So many questions, and the first one a Spidey fan is gonna think is "what", and the second is "why?", and it doesn't stop there lol.

So yeah, it's just, a weird situation overall, but it makes more fucking sense than an El Muerto movie, at the very least.
    The rumor is that Sydney Sweeney is playing Charlotte Witter is the film as the villain.

Ah, right, should find what episodes they are and ask a friend of mine if they're alright episodes.
    Haven't seen Defenders but her two episodes from Jessica Jones are brilliant. It also has to do with the writing as the first season was overall spectacular and the best thing that Marvel had put out at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The rumor is that Sydney Sweeney is playing Charlotte Witter is the film as the villain.
    That would be a bummer. Also would kinda suck if Charlotte is the first live action Spider-Woman that we get.

Also I wonder if the Anya mention is what suddenly summoned you .
    I came here to post the news, but y'all beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That would be a bummer. Also would kinda suck if Charlotte is the first live action Spider-Woman that we get.
    Yeah, I've heard those rumors too. I'm starting to thing this might actually be a adaptation of th first arc of Mattie Franklin's Spider-Woman series. It heavily involves Madame Web and Charlotte, and if there's a young lead too, it might be Mattie.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

I came here to post the news, but y'all beat me to it.

Yeah, I've heard those rumors too. I'm starting to thing this might actually be a adaptation of th first arc of Mattie Franklin's Spider-Woman series. It heavily involves Madame Web and Charlotte, and if there's a young lead too, it might be Mattie.
    "The film will be an origin story of the clairvoyant, whose psychic abilities allow her to see within the spider world," the reporting from Deadline suggests.

So who else will be making a cameo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    "The film will be an origin story of the clairvoyant, whose psychic abilities allow her to see within the spider world," the reporting from Deadline suggests.

So who else will be making a cameo?
    Probably not Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of which. Have comics ever revealed Cassandra’s daughter, who would be Charlotte’s mother?

Ah boohoo, Charlotte is boring, and a boring choice too, making a movie about a Spider-character, and the choice of a villain is, an evil Spider-character?

Considering that Morbius made its villain be an evil vampire guy, and this one is gonna have the same writers, yeah, maybe it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Haven't seen Defenders but her two episodes from Jessica Jones are brilliant. It also has to do with the writing as the first season was overall spectacular and the best thing that Marvel had put out at the time.
    Good to know, maybe there's some hope for at least ideas about Madame Web not sucking, but a bad script lol.

We live in a world where Kite Man is getting a cartoon before Wonder Woman, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

Those comics are Mattie's stories with Cassandra being basically a less ******* silver age Xavier.

If they're adapting Charlotte's stories, I hope they at least don't adapt the way she's defeated, 'cause uh, it sucked, "Oh hey, use this simple mediting technique where you think of nothing and she can't suck anything from ya, convenience!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably not Spider-Man.
    There's a chance they'll use Madame Web for multiverse nonsense, so I think one of the three movie Spider-Men would be fitting.

If I could choose a Spider-Man to make a cameo, I would say to hell with those three, show us Takuya.

Speaking of which. Have comics ever revealed Cassandra’s daughter, who would be Charlotte’s mother?
    No, Charlotte was only revealed to be Cassandra's granddaughter in Mattie's Spider-Woman comic (It was implied in ASM#2 vol 2 there was a connection between them, but what it is wasn't said), and not much was done with the relationship besides Charlotte talking like Cassandra used to basically control her mind in Spider-Woman#2 vol 3 (Which Cassandra doesn't deny):

I've also never seen any confirmation that the child Cassandra had was a woman, it could go either way.

Just hope that whatever the offspring is, man or woman, that he or she keeps the family theme and have the name's initials be "C.W." if Marvel decides to bother using 'em in comics or movie .

Extraordinary Member

Just saw it. Obviously Anya Corazon.
    And good for Isabela as she’s been going to audition at superhero casting calls for years.

If she’s Anya, I wonder who Celeste is playing?

Are we getting all the female Spider-People in this movie...

Extraordinary Member

Not Jessica Drew (she has her own movie in the works to be directed by Olivia Wilde)

And not Silk (she’s set to get a tv show on Amazon)

When's Spider-Bitch? .

Not Jessica Drew (she has her own movie in the works to be directed by Olivia Wilde)
    Since there's a possibility of this dealing with the multiverse, would be funny if there's a chance Jessica from Wilde's movie makes a cameo.

Is it confirmed the movie she's making is a Spider-Woman movie though? Or is it one of those "Too obvious for it to be anything else" cases? Y'know, like when everyone correctly assumed Maguire and Garfield were gonna be in Spidey Home 3 lol.

Is it confirmed the movie she's making is a Spider-Woman movie though? Or is it one of those "Too obvious for it to be anything else" cases? Y'know, like when everyone correctly assumed Maguire and Garfield were gonna be in Spidey Home 3 lol.
    I think they are just rumors so far. Officially, it's only been reported that she's directing a Sony Marvel movie and on Twitter, she retweeted the story with a spider emoji.