Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Even then how would she even interact w/ Peter since he's in the MCU and the Venom/Morbius/Web aren't IIRC

I can see that otherwise
    I think Sony is trying to slowly gravitate towards their stuff being in the MCU so it feels more relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Sony is trying to slowly gravitate towards their stuff being in the MCU so it feels more relevant.
    Unless Marvel Studios plays ball, though, they can't do that, though.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'm trying to figure out what a Madame Web movie would even be about. She really doesn't actually do much on her own.

https://www.cbr.com/madame-web-film-julia-carpenter/

Cbr.com tried to pitch a Julia-centered film.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-20-2022 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I really really hope she's playing Black Cat. She's born to play Felicia! She has the look, the gravitas and the sex appeal.
    we'll have to see. with the sony projects mostly divorced from the MCU proper, I feel a lot of the talent is getting wasted. But if the film(s) continue to be commercially successful, I guess they showed me...

Spectacular Member

Between this and Aunt May all I'm getting a whiff of ageism from the people in charge.

Spectacular Member Obeythemoderators's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Speaking of madame web--

[IMG][/IMG]
    That Madam Web has a hood not to dissimilar to that of Ghost-Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she's definitely too young to be the original one, but the right age to be the legacy character.
    Could always be a case of them making Cassandra be young for some reason lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what a Madame Web movie would even be about. She really doesn't actually do much on her own.
    I've been asking that since I heard about the announcement lol.

If it's not a paraplegic Madame Web, then there's more she could do, but even then, I'm hard pressed to imagine an adventure with her as the main character, either Cassandra or Julia, maybe because I see Madame Web as strictly a supporting character, but still lol.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/madame-web-film-julia-carpenter/

Cbr.com tried to pitch a Julia-centered film.
    "Julia Carpenter is most known for her role as the second Spider-Woman, but she's also taken up the mantle of Madame Web a few different times. "

Different times? She's Madame Web permanently, never went back to being Spider-Woman or Arachne lol.

And while the article has a good point about Julia being a more flexible choice, it's still worth pointing out that even if they use Cassandra, she's not necessarily going to be as weak as the original, hell, 90's cartoon Madame Web is very different from the comics version (Specially before her return in the comics, back in the 80's she only had precognition and quite clearly lacked telepathy), since I think she was a cosmic being not unlike Beyonder, and hell, the comics themselves removed the part where she can't be moved in the 80's itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

BANNED

I wonder if Tony ever did manage to marry Julia after the second season of Iron Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I wonder if Tony ever did manage to marry Julia after the second season of Iron Man?
    Well, it's nice to think so...

Hm... The article mentions she'll be starring in it alongside the two other actresses, I wonder if it means she'll be a major character, and if so, she looks pretty young, so maybe Anya?

Honestly I kinda hope Sony doesn't **** this up, I wouldn't call myself a fan of either Madame Web, but I have a soft spot for 'em and I don't want this to suck.

Do we know who the director is? Wanna know what were the previous movies directed just in case I'm being too hopeful, hopeful that it's not trash that is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Hm... The article mentions she'll be starring in it alongside the two other actresses, I wonder if it means she'll be a major character, and if so, she looks pretty young, so maybe Anya?

Honestly I kinda hope Sony doesn't **** this up, I wouldn't call myself a fan of either Madame Web, but I have a soft spot for 'em and I don't want this to suck.

Do we know who the director is? Wanna know what were the previous movies directed just in case I'm being too hopeful, hopeful that it's not trash that is lol.
    Well, I don't have any ill will towards Madame Web or the actresses but it's hard for me to feel anything towards this other than...why?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I don't have any ill will towards Madame Web or the actresses but it's hard for me to feel anything towards this other than...why?
    Hey I feel the same, while I see more potential for Julia (Or Julia-like) Madame Web being the protagonist of a story compared to Cassandra (Sit in a chair and help someone else), it's still questionable because neither of them ever did anything that could lead a story, and it's more noticeable with Julia who in theory could do more than just "Hey, Spidey, dangerous ****'s gonna happen. Later!", again, nothing was done lol.

Like, who's she even gonna fight? Gonna steal from Anya and deal with Sisterhood of Wasp? Or gonna deal with a forgotten D-lister like Lobo Brothers? Looter/Meteor Man? Swarm? The Answer (̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶P̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶ ̶3̶)̶?

There's also this article:

https://www.cbr.com/madame-web-sony-...trange-marvel/

If this is right, is she gonna have magic too? If so how much? And is she gonna be used for Multiverse nonsense as well?

So many questions, and the first one a Spidey fan is gonna think is "what", and the second is "why?", and it doesn't stop there lol.

So yeah, it's just, a weird situation overall, but it makes more fucking sense than an El Muerto movie, at the very least.

The director has done mostly tv work, most notably she directed a couple of episodes of Jessica Jones and Defenders.

Probably what's more worrying is the screenwriters. They're the same duo who made Morbius (and countless other box-office and critical bombs, like Gods of Egypt and The Last Witch Hunter). It baffles me that these two guys still have a job despite all of their movies being box-office failures, let alone still being contracted by the same company whose last movie they wrote was the biggest laughing stock of superhero films of the last years.

Also, I don't think this is gonna be Anya. I don't think they'll cast a non-latina actress to play one the most latina superheroes. The synopsis implies the protagonist is going to be a young Cassandra Webb instead of Julia Carpenter, as originally speculated, so I think she'll be playing either Julia or even Mattie Franklin.