Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah, on gaming side Microsoft is buying stuff, and it's pretty unlikely they'll manage to buy Sony too.
    Yeah, if they did, that would be the end of the PlayStation line. And considering Nintendo don't directly compete any more - the Wii, Wii U and Switch are all lower spec than their Xbox and PlayStation counterparts - it would pretty much give Microsoft a monopoly in high end video gaming.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yes, it is currently filming.

And no, we don't know who the villain. Frankly, we don't even know who the protagonist is! We don't know if Madame Web is Julia Carpenter or Cassandra Webb.
    God, you’d hope it would be Carpenter. The only thing with less appeal for the casual filmgoer (who is already burnt out on comic book movies) than a Madame Web film would be a Madame Web film starring the geriatric, wheelchair-bound version of the character. What’s next? An Aunt May movie? Sony has no idea what they’re doing….

Don't worry, we've seen Dakota's costume - a red longcoat. And no wheelchair in sight. Definitely looks like she's Julia.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

There's conflicting info. Some sources say that this a origin story of Cassandra, so Dakota could be playing a young version of her. We really don't know until we get official info.

Set photos have shown that Julia Robert's character is pregnant, meaning she's likely playing Jessica Drew.

There's conflicting info. Some sources say that this a origin story of Cassandra, so Dakota could be playing a young version of her. We really don't know until we get official info.

Set photos have shown that Julia Robert's character is pregnant, meaning she's likely playing Jessica Drew.
    Because now the most relevant thing about Jessica Drew is her having a baby .

Emma. Julia's her aunt and not involved in the movie.

I really doubt they’d adapt Jessica Drew as a blond woman and have her first appearance be as a pregnant lady. She looks like a supporting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Emma. Julia's her aunt and not involved in the movie.
    Right, had a brainfart there

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really doubt they’d adapt Jessica Drew as a blond woman and have her first appearance be as a pregnant lady. She looks like a supporting character.
    This is Sony. They'll adapt Morbius while never giving his costume and barely showing his vampiric face, Shriek just wearing a jacket, and they completely skipped Spider-Man to introduce Venom.

Incredible Member

RUMOR: Sony Pictures' Madame Web's Cast/Characters have been confirmed

Sony’s Spider-Verse movie Madame Web has been busy filming in and around Boston in recent weeks. Dakota Johnson and Adam Scott have been caught filming by paparazzi and other onlookers, and some intriguing actresses have been added to the cast. The additions of Emma Roberts and Sydney Sweeney especially sparked heavy speculation on who they could be playing in the film along with who other members of the Madame Web cast could be, including the star Dakota Johnson. (She’s playing Madame Web, but which one?)

There have been some correct guesses and some not that I know are floating around the internet. Suffice to say I’ve been able to confirm with my own trusted sources who six people in the cast are playing. This isn’t my guess, this is what I believe to be true.

Before my reveal, a note for full disclosure: MSS Reddit correctly reported via an “unverified source” yesterday about four of these cast-character pairings. I did have this information prior to yesterday but unfortunately had to wait on some things before I could post about it. (if you’re in our Patreon/Discord you probably already figured that out). My confirmation comes from separate sources from these. I am not confirming any other part of their post.

[Although I do expect this cast-character list to be announced or otherwise revealed before the film comes out if you are sensitive about any potential spoilers, you may want to look away.]

Who’s who in Madame Web:

Dakota Johnson is Cassandra Web

It’s been known that Dakota Johnson is playing Madame Web but it hasn’t been completely clear which Madame Web. Early set photos of Johnson in a red jacket led people to speculate that she must be Julia Carpenter, but it appears she’s only borrowing that look, or perhaps Julia will borrow Cassandra’s look later.

It’s interesting to note, that set images caught Johnson seemingly posing as both a cab driver and a paramedic at different points in the story. And in an exciting scene had her in close contact with the immensely important Spider-Verse character that Adam Scott is playing.

Sydney Sweeney is Julia Carpenter

When Sydney Sweeney was announced there were a lot of guesses about who she could be playing and from Black Cat, to Silver Sable, to Spider Gwen to Jessica Drew to… yes, Julia Carpenter. I can confirm that it’s the latter.

I’ll again note what I said above about people thinking Dakota Johnson is Julia, but I trust the information I’ve been given that this role has gone to Sweeney.

Celeste O’Connor is Mattie Franklin

Next, we have Celeste O’Connor who is playing Mattie Franklin. It’s unclear to me what Mike Epps’ role in the film is, but I would not be surprised if he’s playing Mattie’s dad Jerry Franklin. It’s also unclear at this time what hero name some of these characters will go by because at different points Julia Carpenter and Mattie have both gone by Spider-Woman, and Julia has gone by both Madame Web and Spiderwoman.

Isabela Merced is Anya Corazon

This one has been guessed at already, but as far as I know, no other reliable sites have confirmed this or the other cast characters I have listed here today. But yes, Isabela Merced is playing Anya Corazon aka Spider-Girl. In July, Fandomwire ran an exclusive that there is an Anya Corazon/Spider-Girl live-action project in the works. I can’t confirm that at this time, just making note of it here.

and now for the really big ones in my opinion…

Adam Scott is playing Ben Parker

Yes. That’s right, Adam Scott is playing Uncle Ben. It’s great to see such a terrific actor be added to the list of live-action Uncle Bens. But of course, the fact that this is a relatively young Uncle Ben and one where it’s unclear if his loving wife May is even in the picture means that this film, or at least part of it, is definitely taking place very early in the Spider-Verse.

Which l leads me to my final cast-character reveal…

Emma Roberts is playing Mary Parker

That’s Mary, not Aunt May. Emma Roberts is playing Peter Parker’s mother in Madame Web. It is unclear where her husband and Ben’s brother Richard Parker is or who may be playing him at this time. However, the fact that Roberts was caught looking very pregnant should mean he will pop up as well as someone else we already know and love by the end of it (hopefully).
    https://www.thecosmiccircus.com/excl...ers-confirmed/

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/madame-web-adam-...man-uncle-ben/

So Sony is gonna create an Aunt May movie now right?????

a young uncle ben never thought that would be possible
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Oh god...they're gonna do Trouble aren't they?

Astonishing Member

Is it going to be MADAMIN' TIME?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/madame-web-adam-...man-uncle-ben/

So Sony is gonna create an Aunt May movie now right?????
    Wut. Just....wut ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Oh god...they're gonna do Trouble aren't they?
    Honestly if they actually have the stones to do it I’d actually be impressed.

Infuriated, but impressed