Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    About Cheetah. You know, the woman whose claws can easily cut through Diana's and Superman's skin. Or do I not know something about Rhino and he's somehow stronger than these two
    They cut through it because they are magical, not because they super sharp so they would cut through Rhino about as fast as they cut through Supes and Wondie

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    They cut through it because they are magical, not because they super sharp so they would cut through Rhino about as fast as they cut through Supes and Wondie

They're super sharp because they are magical...or are razors not the pinnacle of describing something sharp anymore?

Last edited by I'm a Fish; 09-30-2022 at 05:33 AM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

They're super sharp because they are magical...or are razors not the pinnacle of describing something sharp anymore?
    That's not how sharpeness works. The sharpest blade in the world still wouldn't cut Superman's skin. Just like the sharpest razor in the world doesn't cut Titanium.

The thing that makes it cut him is the magic around the blade.

What's it matter what makes the claws sharp? Wonder Woman and Superman are far stronger and more durable than Rhino, so they wouldn't get shredded as fast as he would. They can also evade Cheetah's claws with their speed and flight, Rhino could never do that. Ffs, Rhino gets his ass handed to him by Spider-Man. Cheetah would obliterate him and pretty much any other Spider-Man villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    What's it matter what makes the claws sharp? Wonder Woman and Superman are far stronger and more durable than Rhino, so they wouldn't get shredded as fast as he would. They can also evade Cheetah's claws with their speed and flight, Rhino could never do that. Ffs, Rhino gets his ass handed to him by Spider-Man. Cheetah would obliterate him and pretty much any other Spider-Man villain.
    Because your explanation for why Cheetah would supposedly defeat a guy with far, far more feats than her is absolutely baseless. You're not even aware of how her claws work.

Because your explanation for why Cheetah would supposedly defeat a guy with far, far more feats than her is absolutely baseless. You're not even aware of how her claws work.
    More feats....

This is where I feel the entire approach to trying to decide relative power level is a waste of time using this methodology. Any approach that ignores "word of god" as it were... is fundamentally imbalanced. you're nit-picking details that don't even exist.

Kinda reminds me of a bizarre list of fake logical reasons I read once as to why the version of Godzilla in Final Wars is actually one of the WEAKEST, despite fighting a gauntlet of over a dozen monsters during the movie. So the logic as presented seemed sound at first.... until you realize it's not looking at the entire movie. The logical train... is literally ignoring half the movie and doesn't work if you contemplate the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I like this idea a lot, but it shouldn't be a replacement for Barbara, just a new/revamped villain. There is no need to remove Barbara because you don't like her, which really means you don't like how DC treats/handles her, let's be real here. You've taken Priscilla and reworked her entirely.
    Enh I like the basic idea of redesigning Priscilla to make her a bit less "normal person in costume". And for that to be good, it needs to be.. not the same as Barbara Minerva.

Because your explanation for why Cheetah would supposedly defeat a guy with far, far more feats than her is absolutely baseless.
    LOL, what feats? Getting beaten by Spider-Man on a regular basis? Lifting 100 tons is never gonna compare to almost defeating Wonder Woman and the Justice League or moving almost as fast as the Flash. Unless you think Rhino actually stands a chance against them.

You're not even aware of how her claws work.
    Yeah, since you're such an expert on Cheetah

[QUOTE=Psy-lock;6212153]LOL, what feats? Getting beaten by Spider-Man on a regular basis? Lifting 100 tons is never gonna compare to almost defeating Wonder Woman [Barbara Minnerva doesn't have a long track record of almost defeating Wonder Woman. You should read morr of her stories. She's usually just a pest to Diana and nothing more, with few exceptions.
    Meanwhile Rhino has countless feats of strength and durability, all of which Barbara Minnerva lacks.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/rhino...hread-1825059/

Yeah, since you're such an expert on Cheetah
    Do you want me to give you all the examples of how her claws are magical in nature and that's why they can damage Superman? This isn't an obscure fact. Her claws do as much damage to Rhino's armor as they do to Superman unless Kal el had a resistance to magic (which he doesn't)

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Diana has more durability against magic than Clark, and Perez's Cheetah left her cut up and bleeding during their first fight and some afterward when writers actually paid attention. Stands to reason that they are sharp and strong as well as magical, and have some serious muscle behind them.

Rhinos feats don't amount to much when he can't take a punch from a supremely pissed of Spider-Man and loses a tooth from it (Spec. Spider-Man #190), while Barbara's durable enough to takes multiple hits from Wonder Woman. Even if Diana is holding back in those hits, it's still more than Spider-Man could ever hope to dish out

Do you want me to give you all the examples of how her claws are magical in nature and that's why they can damage Superman? This isn't an obscure fact. Her claws do as much damage to Rhino's armor as they do to Superman unless Kal el had a resistance to magic (which he doesn't)
    I'm so confused by this right now. So, let me understand this, Cheetah's claws are both sharp and magical or sharp because of magic; really whatever same difference. AND they can cut through Superman's and Wonder Woman's skin. Now Superman doesn't have a weakness to magic just that magic affects him the same as any other human, however... Diana is resistant to magical attacks, and she can still be cut by Cheetah. So, like how is any of this a marker that Rhino or Spiderman could beat Cheetah? Like, Cheetah can cut Diana and Clark up like butter, yes ok. Also, the fact that Cheetah can even CONTEND to do that with Diana and Clark puts her way above anything in Spiderman's rouges gallery... So, what's the point of this winjing?

Superman/Diana>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spiderman/Rhino
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Enh I like the basic idea of redesigning Priscilla to make her a bit less "normal person in costume". And for that to be good, it needs to be.. not the same as Barbara Minerva.
    I mean that's what Priscilla is though. She is just a person in a costume, so you have to work with what you have in a proper redesign. Making her 'Chimera' takes her from just using cheetah print, which we can ignore for Barbara having that savage were-cheetah look and focus on say her main costume be a mix of mythical animals; dragon scales, unicorn hair, ram horns, serpent fangs, lion fur, etc... yknow make her LOOK like a chimera. That costume does give her powers similar to the creatures that she hunts and that allows her a high and lets her fight against people like Diana.

There is A LOT you can do with this; I'm actually annoyed I didn't think of this.

The way Alpha describes her is already distinct enough from Barbara. Prisilla doesn't have a vendetta against Diana or anything. She just wants to get high off of hunting big game animals and use their skin in a blood ritual to get power from them, Diana just gets in her way. If she did have a vendetta against Diana, then it would legit be too much like Kraven and Spiderman. But she's lax, unfulfilled, and sadistic. she's like Cruella de Vil on crack.

It would frankly also let people have that Priscilla/Barbara team up stories they write fanfic about.

I mean that's what Priscilla is though. She is just a person in a costume, so you have to work with what you have in a proper redesign. Making her 'Chimera' takes her from just using cheetah print, which we can ignore for Barbara having that savage were-cheetah look and focus on say her main costume be a mix of mythical animals; dragon scales, unicorn hair, ram horns, serpent fangs, lion fur, etc... yknow make her LOOK like a chimera. That costume does give her powers similar to the creatures that she hunts and that allows her a high and lets her fight against people like Diana.

There is A LOT you can do with this; I'm actually annoyed I didn't think of this.

The way Alpha describes her is already distinct enough from Barbara. Prisilla doesn't have a vendetta against Diana or anything. She just wants to get high off of hunting big game animals and use their skin in a blood ritual to get power from them, Diana just gets in her way. If she did have a vendetta against Diana, then it would legit be too much like Kraven and Spiderman. But she's lax, unfulfilled, and sadistic. she's like Cruella de Vil on crack.

It would frankly also let people have that Priscilla/Barbara team up stories they write fanfic about.
    Well I was thinking in terms of giving her powers that make her distinct from Barbara. The weirdest aspect of Priscilla is.. how is she a threat?

I first saw the character in the old Superfriends show. That show had a... weird way of depicting combat. So it took child me a long time to realize... Cheetah's not got any powers at all! It's kinda weird... as many villains as they had, several were just guys with no powers. You also have Toyman, Riddler, Scarecrow, Lex Luthor, Dr. Natas(evil scientist mentioned in dialog only)

This is a time in comics where it's pretty common for people with powers to have weak sauce powers that don't do much though. Like Hawkman... all he can do here is fly and use one or two weapons. BUT, you also have Superman, WW, Aquaman, and Green Lantern. It's a weird dynamic. But mostly you have each hero fight their personal villain. And thus WW who is in theory one of the most powerful mostly fights... a person with no powers.

Conceptually what you say is great.. but what POWERS does it give Priscilla?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well I was thinking in terms of giving her powers that make her distinct from Barbara. The weirdest aspect of Priscilla is.. how is she a threat?

I first saw the character in the old Superfriends show. That show had a... weird way of depicting combat. So it took child me a long time to realize... Cheetah's not got any powers at all! It's kinda weird... as many villains as they had, several were just guys with no powers. You also have Toyman, Riddler, Scarecrow, Lex Luthor, Dr. Natas(evil scientist mentioned in dialog only)

This is a time in comics where it's pretty common for people with powers to have weak sauce powers that don't do much though. Like Hawkman... all he can do here is fly and use one or two weapons. BUT, you also have Superman, WW, Aquaman, and Green Lantern. It's a weird dynamic. But mostly you have each hero fight their personal villain. And thus WW who is in theory one of the most powerful mostly fights... a person with no powers.

Conceptually what you say is great.. but what POWERS does it give Priscilla?
    I'll say this, she could have a monstrous level of strength and durability, not nearly on par with Diana but enough to be in the same arena. Otherwise, I mean go wild with it. Take an ability that an animal can do or say a legendary mythical animal like a dragon and crank it up to 100 and give it to a human.

I'll say this, she could have a monstrous level of strength and durability, not nearly on par with Diana but enough to be in the same arena. Otherwise, I mean go wild with it. Take an ability that an animal can do or say a legendary mythical animal like a dragon and crank it up to 100 and give it to a human.
    Yes, this is true.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ooohh!!! use animal costumes with some sort of weird magic that's a dark mirror of how Vixen's power works? Cheetah costume gives her cheetah like stats, but she can do others...

Which could feed the Chimera idea. Mixed totems of different animals in one costume. Using a combination of parts could give her a combination of powers. Maybe she only has a Cheetah outfit at first, but...tinkers with it....