Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Not very close for many of the comic incarnations to be honest, but how would that even be related to Superman?
    I think they basically mean Cheetah wanting to prove she's the strongest (correct me if im wrong) and Superman is the strongest superhero so...take him out, she proves she's on top of the food chain.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    My civilian impression of her from several animated movies is she wants to kill Diana to prove she is the apex predator?

am I close
    The only time I recall her using the word Apex predator is in the WW84 movie

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think they basically mean Cheetah wanting to prove she's the strongest (correct me if im wrong) and Superman is the strongest superhero so...take him out, she proves she's on top of the food chain.
    I guess that might be what they mean, but taking out a truly good and with respecting her literal core theme written Wonder Woman should basically accomplish the same, and all this Wonder Woman is inferior to Superman let alone now even seeminly the still not even truly respected Aquaman bullshit is just 1 of many reasons why the core idea of Wonder Woman at least not being in a shared Universe is so fitting. And that is besides the fact that an Apex Predator isn't even neccessarily the strongest but just the most dangerous, and that taking out maybe Martian Manhunter, more likely Wally West, or most likely Doctor Fate or if we count him as a superhero Spectre instead of Superman would be Cheetah's goal most of the time, if that would be even what Cheetah wants to begin with.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 02-16-2022 at 03:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    The only time I recall her using the word Apex predator is in the WW84 movie
    The injustice video games I belive did too

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The injustice video games I belive did too
    If she ever said it besides the movie, I haven't seen or heard it. I watched the video you posted thinking that she might have said 'apex predator', but didn't hear it.

Even if we make Cheetah, Diana's straight-up Kurgan, existing solely to destroy Diana and replace her, somehow, ..what's that got to do, with being Wonder Woman ..or an Amazon?

I think one of the things, that makes Cheetah such a letdown, is that she fails the archenemy test, being no threat to anything specific, to Diana's mission. The gods didn't send Diana to Man's World to stay alive or to kill or restrain Cheetah, specifically; so, why should we care what happens, between them...their ongoing enmity?

She is NOT a Bloefeld, Moriarty, Loki, Skeletor or Luthor. She isn't the natural, apocalyptically inevitable enemy.

Again...WHAT exactly is the Cheetah doing? Why should we care?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-16-2022 at 02:50 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Super strength, durability, magic fangs, claws, regeneration/healing factor and one of the fastest beings in DC that even Flash has had some difficulty with her speed. That's what Cheetah is on paper. But her catalogue of perfdormances is one of the most pathetic and sad cases for an archy villain of the most iconic and well known female hero. Who also gets crummy treatment more often than not. So why is that? Even writers that acknowledge that she trades blows with WW still wrote stories of catwoman beating her. So why is that? They don't care. What is it about Cheetah that makes writers want to treat her as a punching bag? What is even the big deal of beating Cheetah if she doesn't even have an impressive trackrecord, that could make her defeat in a story feel impressive for the hero that beats her? If street levelers can drop her like they do. What's the point?
    Do you mean weakling?

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Do you mean weakling?
    Well in teams sometimes Cheetah is the team member who gets taken out first.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well in teams sometimes Cheetah is the team member who gets taken out first.
    A one punch jobbing from Batman. That is a transgression beyond all transgressions. Probably as bad as Batman learning a spell from Zatanna.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Talking about sexism. Just look at this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLz_eLHa...pg&name=medium

Villainesses who have to solely depend on their physicality always fare poorly in superhero comics unless they are sexpots like Catwoman and Harley Quinn. Has Giganta really had all that better a track record than Cheetah despite being a towering giant?

Just saw Catwoman Hunted. Cheetah's portrayal in that was downright pathetic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Even if we make Cheetah, Diana's straight-up Kurgan, existing solely to destroy Diana and replace her, somehow, ..what's that got to do, with being Wonder Woman ..or an Amazon?

I think one of the things, that makes Cheetah such a letdown, is that she fails the archenemy test, being no threat to anything specific, to Diana's mission. The gods didn't send Diana to Man's World to stay alive or to kill or restrain Cheetah, specifically; so, why should we care what happens, between them...their ongoing enmity?

She is NOT a Bloefeld, Moriarty, Loki, Skeletor or Luthor. She isn't the natural, apocalyptically inevitable enemy.

This would go so much further into making the character interesting than just about anything else.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post

Ok I'll be honest. At what point is being an archenemy means being someone that ideologically stands against the main character vs someone that just fights the character a lot? Diana currently has 3 villains trying to claim archenemy status (Ares,Circe,Cheetah) guess which one Diana was sent to stop? I'll give you a hint, it was that Darth Blueberry you seem to hate so much, for no real reason I might add.

I happen to like Cheetah as a woman feigning friendship to Diana only to support herself and her career, someone that was always looking for more (greed being her vise), and then getting more then she asked for with the Cheetah curse. I would prefer a new take without Urzkartaga and that included the Bana and Egyptian Gods but whatever. She is human, she has flaws, it genuinely sucks what happened to her and trying to free herself is a perfect motivation for her, however it was also justice from a divine standpoint. Maybe Barabra is just looking to keep the form but have her own autonomy or something like that, its human but it's still incredible selfish and greedy because she wants to keep the power. IDK just spit balling here.

I don't see Cheetah as an archenemy, not for the ideological standpoint at least, just someone that fights Diana a lot and is or was very close to her.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Mighty Member

With Pricilla having the best track record, is it because she is not a were-beast? The times we've got Pricilla in animation, she was a formidable foe because she's one to do her research before running into a fight. It's a far cry from that cat suit looks too goofy.