Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

So again, no indication that Cheetah is godlike. Silver Swan has been powered by a god and is nowhere near godlike.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    So again, no indication that Cheetah is godlike. Silver Swan has been powered by a god and is nowhere near godlike.
    As WW herself said. The power of a God runs through Cheetah's veins. She said that to the amazons of Bana while saying they stand no chance against Cheetah. And those Amazons are at least super human. So a human like catwoman should stand no chance at all.

Mighty Member

The power of “a god” is very vague. With all the different gods in multiple mythologies of different things I do wish there would be more specifics rather than just defaulting to the Judeo-Christian omnipotence. ESPECIALLY in Wonder Woman where they draw from Greek/Roman mythology. If a character had the power of Demeter (Goddess of the Harvest), what does that mean? What is Urzkartaga the god of again? It’s kind of the same lazy writing in comics where a character being a “scientist” means they know everything in science; from chemistry, to engineering, to biology, to botany, etc. (note this isn’t specifically about Cheetah, but multiple characters from different sources of media who share this description)
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 02-19-2022 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    As WW herself said. The power of a God runs through Cheetah's veins. She said that to the amazons of Bana while saying they stand no chance against Cheetah. And those Amazons are at least super human. So a human like catwoman should stand no chance at all.
    That doesn't make her godlike

She's been referred to as a demigod so I'd say she's more demigod-like.

There was literally a short story with Cheetah and Diana in an aniversery issue or amalgum of other short stories where people were bringing offerings to Cheetah and worshiping her, some asking for powers. In Rucka 2.0 she was part of a tribe and Diana basically calls Cheetah a goddess or queen or something, I forget... I'd pull up the scan but, comiXology/amazon merger...*****.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Mighty Member

Plenty of other villains have fought Wonder Woman without ever being called godlike. Heck, would you call Blockbuster godlike?
    Batman villains should fight Wonder Woman as often as Batman himself should fight her, meaning never.

Cheetah is nowadays supposed to be a divine speedster, and Silver Swan is often not a true physical threat but a tragical villain. And godlike don't even means anything specific, except we talk about omnipotence, but even Silver Swan should be far above Catwoman's or Batman's paygrade anyway.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 02-19-2022 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    There was literally a short story with Cheetah and Diana in an aniversery issue or amalgum of other short stories where people were bringing offerings to Cheetah and worshiping her, some asking for powers. In Rucka 2.0 she was part of a tribe and Diana basically calls Cheetah a goddess or queen or something, I forget... I'd pull up the scan but, comiXology/amazon merger...*****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Batman villains should fight Wonder Woman as often as Batman himself should fight her, meaning never.

Cheetah is nowadays supposed to be a divine speedster, and Silver Swan is often not a true physical threat but a tragical villain. And godlike don't even means anything specific, except we talk about omnipotence, but even Silver Swan should be far above Catwoman's or Batman's paygrade anyway.
    My question was "when has Cheetah been called godlike". None of you have shown be a clear moment that show us she was at any point supposed to be godlike.

Being worshipped has nothing to do with how powerful she is. Heck, look at a villain like Kobra. He is a cult leader and has fought Wonder Woman in the 80s (or late 70s).

Is Solomon Grundy godlike? He has fought Superman plenty of times, and came to a standstill with Blockbuster.

Is any WW villain that has overpowered her pre crisis somehow godlike? Is Crimson Centipede godlike? Is Giganta godlike? Is Shim'tar godlike? Is Genocide godlike? All of them have done way more impressive things than Barbara Minerva.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

I don’t necessarily think she HAS to be “godlike” in order to be considered an adequate threat. The thread title questions why she is perceived as weak in most of her appearances? When was the last time you considered her a threat?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

My question was "when has Cheetah been called godlike". None of you have shown be a clear moment that show us she was at any point supposed to be godlike.

Being worshipped has nothing to do with how powerful she is. Heck, look at a villain like Kobra. He is a cult leader and has fought Wonder Woman in the 80s (or late 70s).

Is Solomon Grundy godlike? He has fought Superman plenty of times, and came to a standstill with Blockbuster.

Is any WW villain that has overpowered her pre crisis somehow godlike? Is Crimson Centipede godlike? Is Giganta godlike? Is Shim'tar godlike? Is Genocide godlike? All of them have done way more impressive things than Barbara Minerva.
    Shimtar. If she is supposed to be similar to Diana yes. She should be God like. Same with Genocide which is supposed to be like a dark WW. And cheetah has overpowered WW. For example WW Annual 1995. And before that she was matching Diana in strength and speed in her debut during Perez run. So the trackrecord is. She had a debut as a physical peer to Diana. Then she overpowered her at least once. And after that, she has been overall consistently portrayed as being at least powerful enough to cause Diana some degree of difficulty in battle. So why is a character who at best was potentially stronger at one moment in time, and in general is at least adequate enough powerwise to put up a decent fight against WW. Why do we see he struggling and defeated by street levelers in physical fights? With her overall trackrecord against WW. There is no way a human should be giving her trouble in a random physical battle.

Mighty Member

Godlike still is not even a specific level of power, and what would even change if she gets called godlike?

Being a physical threat to a properly written Wonder Woman is from a human view absolute godlike, except we define godlike as omnipotence.

Solomon Grundy is very inconsistent, and Blockbuster should still never even fight Superman or Wonder Woman in the first place.

In pre crisisis Wonder Woman could on 1 day throw planets around, struggled the next day with regular thugs, and was on the third day competition for Bugs Bunny:

Pre crisis worked very different than modern comics, or at least very different than how modern comics typically are supposed to work. And about what things more impressive than showing speed relevant to Flash, or turning Superman into a Werecheetah are you talking, for anyone except the very much godlike Genocide?
    Last edited by Rightoya; 02-19-2022 at 05:08 PM.

How is transforming Superman in a werecat godlike? And nobody here has been complaining about Cheetah being too slow, just about her being "weak".

Shim'tar is post crisis. Giganta has appeared post crisis. What has Genocide done that is Godlike? And if you don't think Pre Crisis is a good era to judge Diana's strength, than when is a good era? Is it just the Perez run?

Is Mongul godlike?

I'm just sick of seeing people calling Barbara Minerva "godlike" even though that never happened. She has always been much weaker than you claim she is.

Mighty Member

How is transforming Superman in a werecat godlike?
    We still need a definition of what godlike is even supposed to mean, how should i know what you define as godlike?

And nobody here has been complaining about Cheetah being too slow, just about her being "weak".
    Ok, let me start, Cheetah is too often far too slow, especially in other media and anything related with the Bat-family.

Shim'tar is post crisis. Giganta has appeared post crisis.
    I know.

What has Genocide done that is Godlike?
    Genocide had a Wonder Woman empowered by multiple gods as her core.

And if you don't think Pre Crisis is a good era to judge Diana's strength, than when is a good era? Is it just the Perez run?
    Post Crisis is a better era for that, and an era were DC was truly competent would have been even better.

Is Mongul godlike?
    Depends on your definition of godlike.

I'm just sick of seeing people calling Barbara Minerva "godlike" even though that never happened.
    Godlike still does not mean anything specific.

She has always been much weaker than you claim she is.
    A divine speedster who could give even at Flash's speed trouble and has magical claws and teeth sounds quite strong to me, but i agree that Cheetah should be consistently far more powerful than she often is, at least if she is supposed to be a credible threat to a proper Wonder Woman.

I hope y'all don't take this the wrong way, but don't you ever get tired of arguing about this stuff?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I hope y'all don't take this the wrong way, but don't you ever get tired of arguing about this stuff?
    I am not even sure what we are arguing about to be honest, because i still don't know what godlike is even supposed to mean.