Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I think you are the one that might have started some of these contentious posts with your quote from a previous post I hope y'all don't take this the wrong way, but don't you ever get tired of arguing about this stuff?

Saying something like that is almost certainly going to get the posts of users 'blood' boiling. As a moderator, even if it is not on this board, you should probably have seen that this could happen.
    Your blood should not be boiling from a comment like that.

Being passionate about Wonder Woman is great. That's why we're all here. But the negativity on this board is really tiresome. We get it, you and mystical and a few others hate the way Wonder Woman and Cheetah are portrayed. Most of us aren't happy with all of their appearances either. But constantly complaining about the same issues over and over on this very niche forum isn't going to make any changes. CBR isn't like back in the day where writers and editors would read fan feedback or engage with us. So instead it's just this small group of Wonder Woman fans growing smaller each day because of the constant negativity.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Your blood should not be boiling from a comment like that.

Being passionate about Wonder Woman is great. That's why we're all here. But the negativity on this board is really tiresome. We get it, you and mystical and a few others hate the way Wonder Woman and Cheetah are portrayed. Most of us aren't happy with all of their appearances either. But constantly complaining about the same issues over and over on this very niche forum isn't going to make any changes. CBR isn't like back in the day where writers and editors would read fan feedback or engage with us. So instead it's just this small group of Wonder Woman fans growing smaller each day because of the constant negativity.
    Your saying that a remark you made wouldn't get some people riled up? What if I said, I hope y'all don't take this the wrong way, but don't you get tired of always playing the devils advocate and dismissing other peoples takes, or 'preach on' as some have said when trying to make a statement which is just another snide way of commenting on another person's post?

There are more people than just mystical and I that thinks DC disrespects our favorite character. If I can convince people that she just isn't worth the effort to keep buying her comic book until they start respecting her, than I feel I have done a service to her. Because if we just keep buying her drivel and all the ancillary mags that she is in like Justice League, or the DC vampire or whatever cross company event she is in, than we are doing a disservice to the character since DC will not get the point and still keep drumming up the crap that we keep getting served.

By the way, it does get tiresome the way some people here don't seem to think there is anything wrong with Wonder Woman, or that she should be a street level player. Even if Cloonrad is a good run (not for me), than that isn't saying much even with all the content we have out there. I have heard people say the Evolution run might be good, but for me, the god awful art is my primary reason I won't bother buying it in trade. I don't need or want to have characters like Yara Flor take center stage when they haven't even shown us why she is even a playa, so to speak. She is like one of those IT girls that Hollywood tries to make every year only to crash and burn because we don't have to be told who is an IT girl. We just know by a good character driven story that makes us care about the character. She should not have gotten propped up to be the new Wonder Girl. We already have 2 that came before her. Give her some other title, and then see if the fans will buy into her. Don't just slap the name on her and say she is either Wonder Girls or Wonder Womans replacement.

Besides, this thread is about Cheetah and how she seems to be a weak link. So it would seem to me that being negative on the Cheetah character in this thread would be a given. So, if you don't like the negativity, then coming on this particular thread is probably not going to be your cup of tea. It certainly is racking up a decent amount of posts for all this 'negativity'.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Your saying that a remark you made wouldn't get some people riled up? What if I said, I hope y'all don't take this the wrong way, but don't you get tired of always playing the devils advocate and dismissing other peoples takes, or 'preach on' as some have said when trying to make a statement which is just another snide way of commenting on another person's post?

There are more people than just mystical and I that thinks DC disrespects our favorite character. If I can convince people that she just isn't worth the effort to keep buying her comic book until they start respecting her, than I feel I have done a service to her. Because if we just keep buying her drivel and all the ancillary mags that she is in like Justice League, or the DC vampire or whatever cross company event she is in, than we are doing a disservice to the character since DC will not get the point and still keep drumming up the crap that we keep getting served.

By the way, it does get tiresome the way some people here don't seem to think there is anything wrong with Wonder Woman, or that she should be a street level player. Even if Cloonrad is a good run (not for me), than that isn't saying much even with all the content we have out there. I have heard people say the Evolution run might be good, but for me, the god awful art is my primary reason I won't bother buying it in trade. I don't need or want to have characters like Yara Flor take center stage when they haven't even shown us why she is even a playa, so to speak. She is like one of those IT girls that Hollywood tries to make every year only to crash and burn because we don't have to be told who is an IT girl. We just know by a good character driven story that makes us care about the character. She should not have gotten propped up to be the new Wonder Girl. We already have 2 that came before her. Give her some other title, and then see if the fans will buy into her. Don't just slap the name on her and say she is either Wonder Girls or Wonder Womans replacement.

Besides, this thread is about Cheetah and how she seems to be a weak link. So it would seem to me that being negative on the Cheetah character in this thread would be a given. So, if you don't like the negativity, then coming on this particular thread is probably not going to be your cup of tea. It certainly is racking up a decent amount of posts for all this 'negativity'.
    It's really not your responsibility to convince anyone to not buy any if the WW content you feel doesn't measure up. Those of us who post on this sub forum are pretty set in what we want for the character. We are capable of deciding to avoid or drop certain books on our own. The constant repetition of certain points just gets annoying. This gets especially irritating for those of us enjoying the main book. If you don't like Cloonrad, just don't read it or talk about it. Vote with your wallet while the rest of us vote with ours and discuss broader topics.

What is even the point of starting these topics about Diana and Cheetahs power levels if you guys just keep repeating the same points? And don't like people commenting on how tiresome it is? Doesn't it get tiresome in turn?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's really not your responsibility to convince anyone to not buy any if the WW content you feel doesn't measure up. Those of us who post on this sub forum are pretty set in what we want for the character. We are capable of deciding to avoid or drop certain books on our own. The constant repetition of certain points just gets annoying. This gets especially irritating for those of us enjoying the main book. If you don't like Cloonrad, just don't read it or talk about it. Vote with your wallet while the rest of us vote with ours and discuss broader topics.

What is even the point of starting these topics about Diana and Cheetahs power levels if you guys just keep repeating the same points? And don't like people commenting on how tiresome it is? Doesn't it get tiresome in turn?
    To each his own

Extraordinary Member

If I can convince people that she just isn't worth the effort to keep buying her comic book...
    Do you really think this is your job?

I don't need or want to have characters like Yara Flor take center stage when they haven't even shown us why she is even a playa, so to speak. She is like one of those IT girls that Hollywood tries to make every year only to crash and burn because we don't have to be told who is an IT girl...She should not have gotten propped up to be the new Wonder Girl. We already have 2 that came before her. Give her some other title, and then see if the fans will buy into her.
    Gatekeep much?

We just know by a good character driven story that makes us care about the character.
    Am I in the Twilight Zone?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Yeah, let’s not act like there aren’t 20 threads discussing this same exact thing, heck 3 posts in to this thread started with

I figured this kind of thing would be condensed into the “power complaints thread” but alas… I mean we can’t even discuss the small things that we enjoyed within the last decade or so without being told that we are “accepting of scraps”. This kind of elitism is what crumbles fandoms. I could start multiple topics on how Wonder Woman’s rouges (not just Cheetah) don’t get the time of day because of this “Wonder Woman must only fight godlike beings to prove herself worthy to the masses”, but I keep it my disappointment of the misuse of rogues gallery in the dedicated thread. Sometimes things may leak out in other threads, but instead of saying “how dare Aquaman put up a fight against Wonder Woman!” I say why didn’t they use Queen Clea (not being completely tone deaf to fans of the Aquaman character who has a similar rouges gallery issue (aside from Manta and Ocean Master, a lot don’t get that much action).
    If we are being honest here. Since you mentioned Aquaman. It's WW who should be thankful to put up a fight against AQ. Because DC has nerfed WW so much. She has become such an underwhelming character power wise. Thsat AQ should be out of her league too. Since he has better feats than her now. That's how it is. While the boys keep getting better. The ''iconic'' female hero and her ''iconic'' archy villain keep going down.

Mighty Member

Would Grail be a better arch nemesis for Wonder Woman? We know Cheetah gets by on the Superfriends grandfather clause, but perhaps someone like Grail would be beneficial to be Diana’s arch enemy.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Would Grail be a better arch nemesis for Wonder Woman? We know Cheetah gets by on the Superfriends grandfather clause, but perhaps someone like Grail would be beneficial to be Diana’s arch enemy.
    I think Cheetah could be a fine nemsis if given the proper motivation, origin, etc...Diana being blessed and gifted by Goddesses while Barbara being the opposite. Diana wanting to bring peace to the world while Cheetah wants to bring carnage and always seeking out power.

But I think Grail also makes for a good modern day adversary and inverted Diana (especially if the clay origin stays intact). A sort of what Diana could've become depending on circumstance. Though she's already been made less of a threat.

Her design isn't very interesting. She's like Bizarro Wonder Woman but with none of the fun

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think Cheetah could be a fine nemsis if given the proper motivation, origin, etc...Diana being blessed and gifted by Goddesses while Barbara being the opposite. Diana wanting to bring peace to the world while Cheetah wants to bring carnage and always seeking out power.

But I think Grail also makes for a good modern day adversary and inverted Diana (especially if the clay origin stays intact). A sort of what Diana could've become depending on circumstance. Though she's already been made less of a threat.
    Oddly enough Grail also makes a perfect adversary for Deva.

Grail is a New Gods character, she can't be WW's arch-enemy. Even if it's not Cheetah, she still has far better candidates in her own Rogues Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Grail is a New Gods character, she can't be WW's arch-enemy. Even if it's not Cheetah, she still has far better candidates in her own Rogues Gallery.
    I never quite understood the Grail origin. Darkseid apparently had a one night stand with some amazon called Myrina because that is what Darkseid does. Goes to different planets, impregnates random women so they can grow up to be a 'new god'.

I'm sure I am butchering up the origin, but to me this was a completely wtf moment. I guess we have Geoff Johns to thank for that. Also, she has omega beams even though I don't think any of his other offspring does. She basically has her way with Wonder Woman every time they met. More of a one sided arch-enemy to say the least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think Cheetah could be a fine nemsis if given the proper motivation, origin, etc...
    Which she currently doesn't have. She's incredibly ill-defined. All of these things would go a long way to making both writers and readers respect her more as a character.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Which she currently doesn't have. She's incredibly ill-defined. All of these things would go a long way to making both writers and readers respect her more as a character.
    False. Other characters are portrayed as mindless fighting machines. And they don't get treated as jobbers so often. Don't try to justify bad writing and sexism. And WW herself is constantly portrayed as a weaklink. So i guess she is not relevant and important after 80 years. Sigh. Like hero like villain.

Incredible Member

Grail is a New Gods character, she can't be WW's arch-enemy.
    No offence but I don't see why. Kingpin started off as a Spiderman villain but he's most known as Daredevil's arch-enemy

Even if it's not Cheetah, she still has far better candidates in her own Rogues Gallery.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41
    False. Other characters are portrayed as mindless fighting machines. And they don't get treated as jobbers so often. Don't try to justify bad writing and sexism. And WW herself is constantly portrayed as a weaklink. So i guess she is not relevant and important after 80 years. Sigh. Like hero like villain.
    Also true.

As stated elsewhere on this board look at for example, Doomsday. He doesn't have any depth or motivation beyond "kill things." People at DC have admitted they had no idea what to do with him after "Death of Superman." Yet we don't see Doomsday getting knocked out by one punch from Batman (and not Batman wearing a super-powered robo-suit mind, just regular baseline Batman), we don't see Bane beating Doomsday in a fight and so on. And Doomsday's not even an arch-enemy, just a prominent villain.

So why does that happen with Cheetah but not Doomsday?
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 02-24-2022 at 10:20 AM.