Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nothing you posted showed strength on an impressive scale. So far the ony consistent thing is that her claws and teeth can pierce any skin easily.
    Two things I should remind you of. That panel where Cheetah throws Bane against the wall, he's not even using venom. So that's Bane at minimum strength. You should also read Wonder Woman #29 by the same author. Cheetah slices Diana plenty of times, and then once Diana finally catches her she just pushes her against a wall and grabs her by the throat, and there's nothing Cheetah can do. And Diana knocks her out with one punch.
    Who said anything about strength?

And the bane scan was to show how a random battle between a human and a super human would end without external factors.

Cheetah can take blows from Wonder Woman. That alone is enough evidence that she has superhuman durability. And WW hits way harder than any peak human. So unless you want to suggest catwoman and batman can be compare to WW in strength. You have no evidence to come here suggesting that Cheetah's body should be damaged by a normal human being punching her.

Oh and about strength. Cheetah was matching Diana in her debut during Perez run.

Cheetah strength 2.jpg

And she overpowered Diana in Anual 1995.

Cheetah strength 4.jpg

Cheetah strength 5.jpg
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 02-24-2022 at 05:16 PM.

And here Superman says Cheetah hits like Diana and Captain Marvel.

Cheetah strength 3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Well I am glad that I never said
    You basically suggested that you are ok with Cheetah or any super powered character being damaged by people with far weaker stats without an explanation. It doesn't sound like you have any standard about these things if that is the case.

Incredible Member

Well I am glad that I never said
    Yes you did. Let's take a look at your exact words

If we made sense of everything the story would be done in 5mins. Batman would be dead by now. He gets punched by plenty of super strong people throughout his life. Going toe to toe with someone strength wise especially fluctuates.
    And you're okay with that? Sure sounds like that's what you're saying

WW isn't bullet proof in a lot od stories but she takes hits from Superman. Buffy is super strong yet still takes hit from average joe schmo. She took on a God. Sometimes things are done for dramatic effect.
    Again, sure sounds like you're saying you're okay with that.

WW has battled human Cheetah for ages when she should've just been able to beat her in 2 seconds. The Flash is the fatest man alive yet still gets beaten. Some choose to look at things from a critical pov all the time, i try to make sense of things half the time. Welcome to comics.

Does that make sense to you?
    In other words "it's comics so who cares?"

Basically you're entire post can be summed up as "comics have always had inconsistancies so we should just accept everything without question and not expect any kind of quality."

And if that's not what you mean, then what exactly are you saying?
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 02-24-2022 at 06:53 PM.

Incredible Member

Nothing you posted showed strength on an impressive scale. So far the ony consistent thing is that her claws and teeth can pierce any skin easily.
    Two things I should remind you of. That panel where Cheetah throws Bane against the wall, he's not even using venom. So that's Bane at minimum strength. You should also read Wonder Woman #29 by the same author. Cheetah slices Diana plenty of times, and then once Diana finally catches her she just pushes her against a wall and grabs her by the throat, and there's nothing Cheetah can do. And Diana knocks her out with one punch.
    Interesting. Your earlier post stated:

So Cheetah should be invulnerable just because you say so?
    Yet when mystical41 posts scans proving Cheetah has superhuman durability, suddenly you change your tune and claim the issue is one of strength. There's a term for that.

Goalpost-shifting.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Yes you did. Let's take a look at your exact words

And you're okay with that? Sure sounds like that's what you're saying

Again, sure sounds like you're saying you're okay with that.

In other words "it's comics so who cares?"

Basically you're entire post can be summed up as "comics have always had inconsistancies so we should just accept everything without question and not expect any kind of quality."

And if that's not what you mean, then what exactly are you saying?
    Im glad you can find my posts. Still dont see anything regarding quality or accepting anything.

Yet when mystical41 posts scans proving Cheetah has superhuman durability, suddenly you change your tune and claim the issue is one of strength. There's a term for that.

Goalpost-shifting.
    Exactly. Some people here confuse the term invulnerability. All the character mentioned can be hurt including Superman. It's just that it takes a big deal of force to do so. Like it should be if they are supposed to be as powerful as DC says they are.

Some people here also contradict themselves. Because for example, they say WW shouldn't be bulletproof. But they still want her to be able to take hits from heavy hitters that have far more force and damage output than a bullet. And they don't expect an explanation as to how that is possible.

Cheetah can take hits from WW. So she hassuperhuman speed and superhuman durability. She can even regenerate. Like when she got her tail ripped off and it grew back. So a normal human keeping up with her, and hurting her physically in a random battle without external factos. It doesn't make sense

Im glad you can find my posts. Still dont see anything regarding quality or accepting anything.
    Your post basically justifies inconsistent writing and power level portrayal. You are basically saying it's comics so we should accept anything. But no, we shouldn't accept anything. If power levels exist. It is for a reason. You can't expect me to believe, that a character multiple times stated to be faster than WW, fast enough to tag Flash. And strong enough to trade blows with SM and WW. Can be physically hurt by a normal human with her or his bare hands. Things in a story need to have an explanation behind them.

Goalpost-shifting.
    Actually I was arguing both things. His initial claim was that since Barbara Minerva had immense strength, she should have superhuman durability. I argued that cheetah isn't nearly as strong as he claims she is, and that she doesn't have superhuman durability.

He did post a scan of Deathstroke hitting her in the head with a shotgun. So he does have one example (probably did only gime she was invulnerable to bullets) and I would love for him to tell me the comic where it comes from.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Actually I was arguing both things. His initial claim was that since Barbara Minerva had immense strength, she should have superhuman durability. I argued that cheetah isn't nearly as strong as he claims she is, and that she doesn't have superhuman durability.
    Is that how you typically argue things? That you argue both sides? What is the use of arguing then if you don't take a strong stance either way. Way to lose credibility!

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Is that how you typically argue things? That you argue both sides? What is the use of arguing then if you don't take a strong stance either way. Way to lose credibility!
    What are you talking about? Strength and durability aren't opposing views.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

What are you talking about? Strength and durability aren't opposing views.
    Never mind.

He did post a scan of Deathstroke hitting her in the head with a shotgun. So he does have one example (probably did only gime she was invulnerable to bullets) and I would love for him to tell me the comic where it comes from.
    Excuse me? Cheetah does have super human durability. How do you think she can take hits from WW? looks like the one making stuff up is you.

Do you want a list of all the characters that have taken hits from Diana multiple times?

Do you want a list of all the characters that have taken hits from Diana multiple times?
    Give context. Cheetah is stated to have super human strength in her official bio. She was matching Early Post Crisis Diana in strength during her debut. She overpowered Diana in WW annual 1995. She has taken hits from WW, Superman, Flash. She has taken high voltage attacks unharmed. She has taken a shotgun to the head without difficultry. So Cheetah powered up by a God and consistently fighting WW. It is not the same as a human being taking a hit from WW. One can make sense. The other doesn't.