Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Your weak excuse doesn't work.
    Likewise.

And lol. I can post countless of examples of WW being a jobber and portrayed as a weaklink. So using your own logic. People don't care enough about her.
    Oh believe me, I know you can. It's all you seem to really care about. It seems that's the only value you see in her.

What a shallow way to view the character.

And her title only keeps on going because the rights would go back to Marston family otherwise. Try harder next time.
    Someone has already posted that this is likely not the case anymore. In your own words "Try harder next time."
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Perez established Cheetah as being on par strength and speed wise as Diana so she is both a physical threat and match for her:

(Source: Wonder Woman Vol 2: #9)

Subsequent writers didn't stay consistent with this hence fan complaints. Cheetah is on par with Diana strength and speed wise, what she seems to lack (based on their first fight) is Diana's durability and stamina, since Julia's bullet causes her to retreat. Although even in Cheetah form her durability is considerably higher than a normal humans. My interpretation of the fight is that she is able to make up for her weakness by being more agile than Diana and being able to sneak around undetected.
    Such a good run. I need to re-read it sometime and hopefully see it adapted one day.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Likewise.

Oh believe me, I know you can. It's all you seem to really care about. It seems that's the only value you see in her.

Someone has already posted that this is likely not the case anymore. In your own words "Try harder next time."
    Actually, it is still the case. Marston's granddaughter confirmed this a while ago

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Actually, it is still the case. Marston's granddaughter confirmed this a while ago
    You know, what does that mean for legacy characters like Barbara Minerva? Or other characters created well after Marston? I know rights issues can be really iffy for stuff like that.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Likewise.

Yeah. Because we are supposed to ''enjoy'' stoiries where her power is weak. Where her gear doesn't work like it supposed to. Where she is uselkess and takenb out fast. Yeah right. Most of us don't enjoy those stories.

False. It is still the case. DC will lose the rights if they don't publish the title.

DC has to publish 4 stories per year in order to keep the rightsm they don't have to publish monthly comics, nor things like Black and Gold, Sensational, the annuals, the Nubia and Wonder Girl comics, and the crossover event. They do that because they want to

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    DC has to publish 4 stories per year in order to keep the rightsm they don't have to publish monthly comics, nor things like Black and Gold, Sensational, the annuals, the Nubia and Wonder Girl comics, and the crossover event. They do that because they want to
    Only took them 80 years to do so. And the trackrecord of how they have treated WW in most comics and other media is very crummy. No wonder Cheetah gets treated like garbage. Her heroine gets crummy treatment most of the time. So who could expect the archy villain to get anything better?

Incredible Member

How is it "shallow" to want a character to be treated respectfully? Especially a character that is supposed to be an icon?

Edited to add: Imagine you like a character who is supposed to be highly intelligent (remember intelligence is also a stat). Now imagine a story where he/she is outsmarted by some high-school drop-out stoners. Would you be A-Okay with that?
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 02-27-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Perez established Cheetah as being on par strength and speed wise as Diana so she is both a physical threat and match for her:

Hunh, after looking at this several times... I finally noticed that Cheetah's tail seems to not only be prehensile, but also 12 feet long. O_o'

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hunh, after looking at this several times... I finally noticed that Cheetah's tail seems to not only be prehensile, but also 12 feet long. O_o'
    Anyone else having flashbacks to Marsupilami?

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Anyone else having flashbacks to Marsupilami?
    I probably pondered that temporarily.

The current team of WW ''experts'' has Cheetah being saved from a cage in a milk factory. Any reason why this so called powered up by a God avatar can be trapped in a cage like that? She trades blows with WW just fine despite being so weak. I guess that also tells us something about WW herself.

Like most stupid WW villains, she doesn't do anything, really. Just prances around, scratching people! For what? What does she want?

Can anybody here tell us what a Cheetah-ruled world looks like? What terrible things should we fear, if Cheetah succeeds at whatever she's trying to accomplish? There's NO story, here!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Like most stupid WW villains, she doesn't do anything, really. Just prances around, scratching people! For what? What does she want?

Can anybody here tell us what a Cheetah-ruled world looks like? What terrible things should we fear, if Cheetah succeeds at whatever she's trying to accomplish? There's NO story, here!
    There are villains more shallow like Doomsday. And they aren't treated like punching bags and jobbers as much as Cheetah. It is not an issue of quality story. WW herself gets the same treatment as Cheetah very often.

The first thing Doomsday ever did was kill Superman in a massive crossover event