Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Good. It was really stupid of them to put a licensed character in 616 continuity AGAIN!

You’d think they would have learned after ROM and Micronauts.
    Conan was already in 616, from around the same time. The whole reason CB Cebulski got Marvel the license again was out of nostalgia for that time.

Does that mean the book is ending though? I’d pick it up once Conan is gone.
    Almost certainly, as the plot involves the team ending up in Conan's home time. It's effectively DOA.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Isn't Conan going to become public domain in a decade or so?
    In Europe he is public.

That is how Ablaze Comics is doing a Conan book but NOT calling it Conan.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/cona...marvel-comics/

Now, Conan The Barbarian is in the public domain in much of Europe, as Robert E Howard died in 1936,

Conan comics are created and published in Europe without license under public domain rules, and Ablaze has republished them in the US, back into English, but only under the name The Cimmerian, not infringing trademark use. The trademark for the name Conan and the names of Robert E. Howard's other principal characters, is maintained by Conan Properties International and licensed to Cabinet Entertainment.

Bleeding Cool understands that this company, or new owners, now wish to publish Conan comic books themselves.

What if they keep Conan around, and simply don't call him "Conan"? If it works for "the cimmerian" it should work for Conan, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    Conan and The New Defenders would be a better title for this crap.

as for Weapon H.... YAWN... as if the 90s weren't sad enough the first time around
    Hey, the 90s were better than the 2010s aka the worst period in Marvel Comics history
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Hey, the 90s were better than the 2010s aka the worst period in Marvel Comics history
    I'd say the period Marvel was bankrupt was the worst period.

Does that mean the book is ending though? I’d pick it up once Conan is gone.
    They could probably spin it without Conan and the setting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    Conan and The New Defenders would be a better title for this crap.

as for Weapon H.... YAWN... as if the 90s weren't sad enough the first time around
    Hulkverine is stupid and symbiotes have just been so overdone (and Flash should have been brought back differently)...other than that I liked they line up of this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd say the period Marvel was bankrupt was the worst period.
    Bankrupt financially which had nothing to do with what was going on creatively, as opposed to the 2010s which was creatively bankrupt. The 2010s worked hard to wrestle the title away from the 90s. Let the 2010s soak up the achievement LOL.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    In Europe he is public.

That is how Ablaze Comics is doing a Conan book but NOT calling it Conan.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/cona...marvel-comics/
    I've seen this series but thought I didn't know it was about Conan. I thought it was just set in the REH universe. They're also publishing a series called Belit and Valeria so I guess Marvel didn't have the rights to all characters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I've seen this series but thought I didn't know it was about Conan. I thought it was just set in the REH universe. They're also publishing a series called Belit and Valeria so I guess Marvel didn't have the rights to all characters.
    It's about him but they can't use Conan as the title.

https://www.ablaze.net/cimmerian_category.html

The tag line is Robert Howard's Savage Hero uncensored. Yet inside the book they do say Conan.