Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It’s a reversal of the first volume, instead of Conan wandering the modern day Marvel universe, it’s a bunch of heroes being transported to the hyborian age. Interesting set up, I just don’t like this team as much as the previous one. This is my first time hearing of Weapon H and he already seems dumb
    Wonder how long they'll keep that premise. Probably any other Elektra story will ignore it .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I would be happy to never see Weapon H ever again.
    I keep hoping for a new Avengers book that will interest me, but every new announcement leaves me cold.
    I'm so done with all these mash-up characters. It's all Aaron and co seem to do.
    Yeah, me too. Hulkverine?! Damn. I remember when Marvel was the 'House of Ideas'. Now it's just a redo of the same old concepts, watered down ad nauseum. I just want an Avengers book with Vision, Hawkeye, Wasp, Scarlet Witch and some other B listers thrown in. Avengers hasn't been fun for me for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    It’s a reversal of the first volume, instead of Conan wandering the modern day Marvel universe, it’s a bunch of heroes being transported to the hyborian age. Interesting set up, I just don’t like this team as much as the previous one. This is my first time hearing of Weapon H and he already seems dumb
    Is that really what this book is about? In that case, hard pass for me. I dropped the first book when it turned out to just be a stealth Conan Team-Up title and the setting being Conan’s time is even worse. Never really been interested in Conan as an IP so too much things Conancentric just isn’t my thing.

Mixed feelings on this one.....while I’m jazzed to see Dane, Elektra, Cloak & Dagger involved, like many of you, just not a huge Conan fan. “Conan + some other characters” is NOT the second Avengers book I want (that book, stated elsewhere, stars Wanda, Clint, Jan and the Vision, along with Pietro, Greer and Monica!).

Plus, the storyline just sounds WAY too close to the last one, a storyline that went on for ten issues too long.
    Not familiar with the writer/artist team.....if the first issue doesn’t bowl me over, I’ll Probably pass.....and I NEVER pass on an Avengers book!!

Conan and The New Defenders would be a better title for this crap.

as for Weapon H.... YAWN... as if the 90s weren't sad enough the first time around

Cover and variant covers:

https://twitter.com/manwithoutfear/s...lxpR5js_Q&s=19

And based on the writer's Twitter, we'll apparently see Flash in more than one Venom form - guessing the anti-venom look and one that looks closer to Agent Venom

Interview with the writer, where he breaks down each team member and what they'll contribute

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...interview/amp/

So much for that, Marvel lost Conan, so Savage Avengers is almost certainly cancelled.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/cona...marvel-comics/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So much for that, Marvel lost Conan, so Savage Avengers is almost certainly cancelled.

Good. It was really stupid of them to put a licensed character in 616 continuity AGAIN!

You’d think they would have learned after ROM and Micronauts.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Isn't Conan going to become public domain in a decade or so?

95 years after Robert E Howard's death, which was in 1936, so yeah, in 2031. Marvel will be able to use him again without a licence then.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, I can't say I'll miss Conan wandering around the main Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Can't say I'm sad. Really didn't like how they inserted Conan into the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Good. It was really stupid of them to put a licensed character in 616 continuity AGAIN!

You’d think they would have learned after ROM and Micronauts.
    Yep. I still miss Rom so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I can't say I'll miss Conan wandering around the main Marvel Universe.
    Seconded.

Peace

Conan was the worst part of Savage Avengers so I'm really not bothered about him potentially leaving. Feel a bit sorry for the writer David Pepose. Think this is his first Marvel ongoing and you can tell from his socials how excited he was to write this book.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Conan was the worst part of Savage Avengers so I'm really not bothered about him potentially leaving. Feel a bit sorry for the writer David Pepose. Think this is his first Marvel ongoing and you can tell from his socials how excited he was to write this book.
    Does that mean the book is ending though? I’d pick it up once Conan is gone.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume