Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I don't think we needed a new Savage Avengers book, even if it was fun, but jeez what a random assortment of characters.

I guess they're going to get as much mileage as they can with a female Daredevil for as long as Zdarsky's run goes? I feel like Elektra would be done with it by Devil Reign.

I never thought I'd see Weapon H again.

Is this going to be a new Anti-Venom or Flash Thompason? Because he was Agent Anti-Venom and that looks like Brock's Anti-Venom.

Nice to see Marvel still remembers Cloak and Dagger exists. I wonder if they're still together romantically.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think we needed a new Savage Avengers book, even if it was fun, but jeez what a random assortment of characters.

I guess they're going to get as much mileage as they can with a female Daredevil for as long as Zdarsky's run goes? I feel like Elektra would be done with it by Devil Reign.

I never thought I'd see Weapon H again.

Is this going to be a new Anti-Venom or Flash Thompason? Because he was Agent Anti-Venom and that looks like Brock's Anti-Venom.

Nice to see Marvel still remembers Cloak and Dagger exists. I wonder if they're still together romantically.
    I guess Conan is grudgingly getting more acclimated to adventuring with people with "sorcery" powers (by his frame of reference).

Hopefully Tyrone and Tandy are still together romantically. But if not, I hope he's not treated as moping and pining anymore. Elevate his character. Have him get involved with Elektra.

Does Flash-Venom have his real legs restored? Just asking. Does he remember who Spider-Man really is?

I'm not interested in Weapon H. Just the spectacle of this guy with Liefeld-length claws and a Hulk body is self-parody, to me. But hey, he's "popular". I'll leave it alone.

I wonder what Deathlok this is, or does it matter anymore? Too many to keep up with. Potential traitor?

I presume-- maybe? That these adventures are on contemporary Marvel Earth, or are they elsewhere? I also presume that the foes they face will mostly be disposable, e.g., Conan can kill them as needed.

I just can’t with Conan. How is a licensed character in active 616 continuity??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

So is this an actual team book or is it just Conan Team-Up volume 2? Because if it’s the later, I’m not interested.

I'm wondering if Dane and/or Jacks will be in it.

Good point. They have identical costumes and share the sword (you can't even tell Jacks is a girl when she's suited up, and she was mistaken for Dane in the X-Men/Black Knight one-shot), so it could be either of them.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So is this an actual team book or is it just Conan Team-Up volume 2? Because if it’s the later, I’m not interested.
    This will be what determines if I stick around. Not up for "Conan plus some other people sometimes" part 2

It’s a reversal of the first volume, instead of Conan wandering the modern day Marvel universe, it’s a bunch of heroes being transported to the hyborian age. Interesting set up, I just don’t like this team as much as the previous one. This is my first time hearing of Weapon H and he already seems dumb

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I'm really surprised not seeing a major X character on the roster

The biggest missed opportunity is not including Tigra. She fits better with Conan's aesthetic than any other avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The biggest missed opportunity is not including Tigra. She fits better with Conan's aesthetic than any other avenger.
    could the writer resist the urge to have the two of them (ahem) "dating"?
    I wonder what will be the gimmick that allows the modern characters to understand the language of the Hyborian lands.

Spectacular Member

Would read if Conan wasn't included, don't see him as Marvel and not interested

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewFieldhouse View Post
    Would read if Conan wasn't included, don't see him as Marvel and not interested
    Conan works in Marvel stories.... that are set in the Hyborian age... not the present.... you know... back when Selene was still a young woman and people hadn't started calling En Sabah Nur Apocalypse yet... well also he wasn't born yet either.

I have to agree that if Conan wasn’t there I would probably be into this.

Having a licensed character in-continuity makes no sense. Once Marvel loses the license, you will have to pretend these stories do not exist like ROM.

And he’s just not a Marvel character. Get rid of him.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    New Thunderbolts maybe? A replacement team for the US since Squadron Supreme is done? Both this guys are military.
    It's not the case, after all, but I'd be VERY intrested in seeing something like this. I always like to see oficious antagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Hmmm, it may be wishful thinking, but the shoulder pads lead me to think of the 90's Deathlok, Michael Collins. One of my favorite Marvel characters ever, if confirmed, I may have to check this out. Dane is the only one that really interests me, and I have to say I haven't been very fond of the way he's been written in recent years.
    I also don't like much this mix of Conan with the modern MU. It reminds me too much of when they threw Jonah Hex into the future. It kind of ruined the character for me.

Peace