Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    She wants a unifying point of mutant culture back? That or just a society without lying which…good luck with that.

Maybe she’s just salty the crucible is getting shut down.

“Man, this place used to be cool. You could come here every day and watch Apocalypse tear somebody apart limb from limb while lecturing them about social Darwinism. Now they just go to the magic afterlife plane. Lame”
    I think she’s more salty that some young people are so ignored on Krakoa that they’d turn to the Shadow King for support and validation.

I think the actual solution would be to demand the government build some actual social infrastructure that supports and uplifts it’s people BUT we can go with mutant magic solution.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 02-03-2022 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So what happened last issue.
    The Lost Club went into Shadow King's dreamscape or w/e to save the New Mutants. They fused their psyche into a JRPG boss and beat Farouk, and then they were all "Being an ******* doesn't help, sweaty " and then he felt bad and cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Who are those two on Jono’s left ?
    Edited as I was wrong. I def think it's Jubilee, bubblegum, glasses and pink earrings, but no idea who the dark haired girl is.
    Last edited by Salemdelight; 02-03-2022 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Mistake

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The way she says it doesn't make it sound like she wants to get rid of lying, but specifically misunderstanding. So no one would take sarcasm literally, and if someone comes with a problem they will easily be able to understand what the problem is and therefore how to deal with it.
    Even so, it's not something that's at all in character for her. She value's her privacy more than most, and telepaths poking around her brain is something she hates. Having her be the one to make this sort of argument is like having Wolverine declare that he hates beer.

It also doesn't help that the context of what brought this on is missing. I assume it has to do with the Farouk incident, but why that should lead to this line of thought is beyond me. Why is she talking about this with Rictor of all people?
    The problem here isn't what Magik is asking, the issue is you're reaching a conclusion (one of many) that she has not and transcribing that point as to what she desires. It's pretty clear from her dialogue that Magik doesn't know what she wants, she's just spitballing faults in their society to Rictor and pointing out how despite Krakoa saying it's so much more than the rest of life on Earth, it really hasn't come to fruition in a tangible way.

Mighty Member

I'm pleasantly surprised with the appearance of Rictor and John, hope it won't be just one or two panels.

This looks much more interesting than most of the issues since #14. The only interesting storyline since #14 was the Tran storyline but there was no follow-up on whether he was actually resurrected into another body.

The art in this issue is so disappointing though...

Can we have Francesco Mobili as the New Mutants artist? He is great at drawing Sunspot and Cannonball.

Last edited by ericng; 02-03-2022 at 06:32 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Looking at the whole preview I can't believe Vita Ayala wrote this. The dialogue and voices of the characters feel like a completely different author from the previous 10 issues.
    She wrote this alright.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...utants_2019_24

Writer:
    Vita Ayala

Penciler:
    Danilo S. Beyruth

Mighty Member

Sorry, but this art is atrocious. The living quarters look nice at least

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    Edited as I was wrong. I def think it's Jubilee, bubblegum, glasses and pink earrings, but no idea who the dark haired girl is.
    She looks like early Ariel but miscolored. But yeah the gum makes her Jubes.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Wow. The art. Woof. Definitely not my cup o’ tea.

Astonishing Member

I think what Magik is getting at is that if mutants are already capable of synching multiple individuals into circuits/covens to be greater than the sum; they should be able to move past the still very human limitation of spoken/written language to communicate with each other

Wasn't that deconstructed in Way of X with Legion showing that a way to connect deeper with others (in his case, using telepathy to melt minds) can result in people finding things about their loved ones that they didn't want to know and still result in miscommunications?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wasn't that deconstructed in Way of X with Legion showing that a way to connect deeper with others (in his case, using telepathy to melt minds) can result in people finding things about their loved ones that they didn't want to know and still result in miscommunications?
    While that is true, I’d imagine the greater issue is that pretty much every telepath of note on Krakoa could be charitably described as immeasurably untrustworthy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Finally get to see Laura, Gabby, and Daken interact, and that cringe dialogue is what they give us.
    Some people are just never happy I guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I don't think it was fully deconstructed and will probably get explored more in Legion of X, since I believe that series at least partially takes place in the astral plane. The mind melding went wrong in WoX because Legion pushed them to know everything about each other too quickly, even when they were clearly uncomfortable. Initially it actually seemed to be going well.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Some people are just never happy I guess lol
    Sadly. Like I get it. I used to be that way too but I grew tired of nitpicking every single thing to death. It's not healthy and it won't change anything either.
    There was a Reddit post just a few days ago where people complained about the lack of interaction between Gabby and Laura. Time to take in also the good and not only the bad.