Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham Knights

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think this show has a big costume budget. Seems like they spent most of it on the Talons.
    It doesn't look like they spent much money on that either. How much of the problem is budget is also hard to say, because they could have literally found far better Batman masks for $25 on Amazon.

Bluebird

I don't think this show has a big costume budget. Seems like they spent most of it on the Talons.
    probably why I assume the rest of the Knights aren't getting any of their familiar looks.

(though I think Harper will have one of her pre-Bluebird looks)

Mighty Member

Yep, Duela and Turner are going to be a couple by the show's finale.

Why did they have to make an OC when they could've just used Tim Drake? Is it because he's on Titans?

Honestly this show just seems less ambitious and cheaper than Batwoman, which surprises me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Really love the look of the Batcave.
    Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake are all being/have been used on Titans. When this show was pitched, it's doubtful that they knew Titans was ending, so WB probably embargoed those characters.

The next logical choice would have been Damian, and I can't say why they didn't use him. This was pitched long before Gunn and Safran took over the DCU, and so long before Damian was announced to be Gunn's Batman movie. They could have also used Duke, or even better, Cassandra. I'm sure no one remembers she was in the Harley Quinn movie (because that's WASN'T Cassandra, damn it!).

As for the Batcave- sure, they gave us a pretty cave. That's probably going to be shown once, since they are all on the run.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, and Tim Drake are all being/have been used on Titans. When this show was pitched, it's doubtful that they knew Titans was ending, so WB probably embargoed those characters.

The next logical choice would have been Damian, and I can't say why they didn't use him. This was pitched long before Gunn and Safran took over the DCU, and so long before Damian was announced to be Gunn's Batman movie. They could have also used Duke, or even better, Cassandra. I'm sure no one remembers she was in the Harley Quinn movie (because that's WASN'T Cassandra, damn it!).

As for the Batcave- sure, they gave us a pretty cave. That's probably going to be shown once, since they are all on the run.
    That would require way more effort and fidelity than I think this show is capable of.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

They could have also used Duke...
    I would've watched the heck out of that show, if they did.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Astonishing Member

Depending on how petty the embargos are; Duke and Cass were probably booked off for the Batwheels cartoon

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Depending on how petty the embargos are; Duke and Cass were probably booked off for the Batwheels cartoon
    That said, both Harper and Cullen Row were on Young Justice S3 & S4, but then again, YJ was wrapped when this show was being made.

Spectacular Member

Cass, even if available doesn't really fit the narrative they going for with the main character I think. Duke could have though, in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member

Episode 2 was not an improvement in my eyes. Steph being on the cast is the only reason I'm not dropping the show entirely right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Episode 2 was not an improvement in my eyes. Steph being on the cast is the only reason I'm not dropping the show entirely right now.
    So, her name is Steph, but is she Steph in personality as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedeyes View Post
    Cass, even if available doesn't really fit the narrative they going for with the main character I think. Duke could have though, in my opinion.
    A child of a villain that Batman takes in? She fits the narrative perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Steph (batgirl/spoiler) and Harper (buebird) along with jokers daughter made this SOUND like it would be my jam... but none of those characters showed up.

A fun game me and my fiancé played was "who was this pitched for that they couldn't get?"

OUre bet so far is that JIm GOrdon and barrbra goordan got replaced by Dent and Steph
    Our biggest disagreement is I think it was supposed to be a young Jason Todd, she thinks this was supposed to be a young Damian Wayne.

We do think Duella and Harper MAY have always been part of this pitch, but maybe not

We agree Carrie Kelly was most likely always the robin, but was supposed to have a real robin suit.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Spectacular Member

A child of a villain that Batman takes in? She fits the narrative perfectly.
    I haven't seen the the second episode yet (Not in a huge hurry, but I'll get to it eventually), but the first episode played Cole Turner as pretty "normal" which a traditional Cass would not be.

Astonishing Member

Another example of the silly H2H, no useful guns in the DC world. Old Talon would not have been problem with a modern firearm with AP rounds. Granted the kids didn't have access but just a general comment. The killer also could have shot them all easily. Just have to have a fight.