Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham Knights

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    At the rate that is going the TV show may be off the air a few weeks/months before the movie debuts....if it debuts?
    Jeez the real world issues with Ezra Miller are a bit troubling. Does WB delay that to get some space? When does the "space" start, seems every few weeks something new breaks about him.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm curious as to what proof there is of this that studios cling to. I've heard this said for decades now. What character has had a concurrent live action TV show where a live action film came out and did poorly?
    Some empirical evidence to back this up is long, long overdue.

This is just a broad question since Vakanai mentioned the ole nugget, I'm not asking him to prove this.
    I'm assuming that there is no evidence to back their beliefs, I think that they just think it makes sense and that's good enough for them. Executives can be so backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What about the Flash movie/Flash tv show? Why did they let that happen?
    I mean, it technically still hasn't. Plus Flash might be considered "too small" compared to Batman for example. I mean, his own movie won't even be a solo. Might just hold more famous characters up to a different standard.
    But yeah, the show's gotta be getting close to the end now and film still not out. Isn't next season the last?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, it technically still hasn't. Plus Flash might be considered "too small" compared to Batman for example. I mean, his own movie won't even be a solo. Might just hold more famous characters up to a different standard.
    But yeah, the show's gotta be getting close to the end now and film still not out. Isn't next season the last?
    It hasn't officially been confirmed one way or another.

I'd actually be up for them completely reinventing the show after next season. Keep a "Flash" show going, but have him pass the mantle and rebuild the show from the ground up and movie it more towards "Lois & Clark" as opposed to the old Arrowverse conventions. Kinda like how Dr Who reinvents itself with each new Doctor.

Mighty Member

I didn't watch that YT video, but the title "Batman Murder Mystery" made me chuckle. I just imagine a chalk body outline with his bat ears...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I didn't watch that YT video, but the title "Batman Murder Mystery" made me chuckle. I just imagine a chalk body outline with his bat ears...
    It made me think of a Scooby-Doo style Batman series.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It made me think of a Scooby-Doo style Batman series.
    Well, Batman and Robin have appeared in Scooby-Doo, well, a lot.

Thanks for the answer. I had already stopped watching Smallville around S6/7 so I guess that is why I didn't realize there was overlap.
    Smallville lost me as a regular viewer cause it decided to never be about Superman. No tights/No flights works for awhile. Once your characters are 20 its time to re-evaluate and they never did so I was gone outside the random episodes here/there due to an actual costumed character showing up.

Seems WB doesn't realize that Superman Returns did poorly cause it was poorly written with the worst idea being Lex as the Donner real estate crook. Just didn't work. Didn't help that James Marsden's character Richard was a more relatable and likeable character than Routh's Superman. But sure WB execs, blame it on the overlap of media.
    It was actually worse, from what I remember. If you go by the comics, then by at least the time he moved to Metropolis he should have been Superboy and in a suit. Instead, he occasionally wore a leather jacket with the 'S' embossed on it, or a t-shirt with the 'S' and a leather duster. Meanwhile, every other hero (except Batman, who they wanted but weren't allowed to have!) showed up in costume. It just got ridiculous.

And yeah, Superman Returns didn't fail because there was a show on at the same time. It actually didn't 'fail' at all- it made a profit. It just wasn't the number WB was looking for. And it suffered because it relied too much on nostalgia and sticking close to the Donner movies, rather than trying something fresh with the character.

What about the Flash movie/Flash tv show? Why did they let that happen?
    That was an odd situation, and I wonder if WB felt that the show wouldn't succeed. I do remember that they announced Ezra Miller as The Flash in Justice League on the very same day that the ratings came out for the pilot of the show. Or maybe Berlanti got permission to make a Flash series before they decided to announce a Flash movie.

The fact is, WB has always been weird about their character embargos. They refused to allow Arrow to use Ted Kord because they were developing a movie for the character (a movie that's been stuck in development hell for over a decade), they forced Arrow to kill off the Suicide Squad because their movie came out, they wouldn't allow them to use Deathstroke because of Justice League and the solo Batman film... hell, they wouldn't allow the Justice League cartoon to use any Batman villains for... reasons. It's just a bunch of corporate men who barley know the characters and think the audience is too stupid to see more than one version of them at a time.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Were there not reports this had been axed? Where those reports just speculation that it would...but wasn't?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Were there not reports this had been axed? Where those reports just speculation that it would...but wasn't?
    Didn't hear anything about a possible cancelation.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

How can the leaders at CW see high quality shows like Daredevil, Stargirl, Falcon and Winter Soldier etc...

And then turn around and think something goofy like this is fine?? Are they even aware of stuff outside of CW?

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    How can the leaders at CW see high quality shows like Daredevil, Stargirl, Falcon and Winter Soldier etc...

And then turn around and think something goofy like this is fine?? Are they even aware of stuff outside of CW?
    Marginally, is my guess. And probably only for reference.