Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 173

Thread: Gotham Knights

  1. #106
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I don’t know who any of these characters are except Stephanie. Carrie Kelly is that the female robin from TDR? If so then I’ve heard of two character’s. No idea who the rows or Tunrer Hayes is(Is he in the comics or instead of using Dick/Tim/Jason/Damian they just made someone up?)
    He's a complete OC.

  2. #107
    Bluebird
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I donít know who any of these characters are except Stephanie. Carrie Kelly is that the female robin from TDR? If so then Iíve heard of two characterís. No idea who the rows or Tunrer Hayes is(Is he in the comics or instead of using Dick/Tim/Jason/Damian they just made someone up?)
    The Rows are from the comics, with Harper (the girl in the blue jacket on the poster) even being a hero of her own right named Bluebird.

  3. #108
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    You know what could have been even better?

    A new Birds of Prey type show, but focusing on the females of the Bat family. Give me a show with Barbara, Cassandra, Stephanie, and Harper; throw in her brother as the man in the chair, maybe even bring in Carrie Kelly. Hell, fold Batwoman (either of them) into this show. That to me sounds better than focusing on kids of Supervillains and Bruce Wayne's newly-created adopted son whom I have NO attachment to.

  4. #109
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    11,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You know what could have been even better?

    A new Birds of Prey type show, but focusing on the females of the Bat family. Give me a show with Barbara, Cassandra, Stephanie, and Harper; throw in her brother as the man in the chair, maybe even bring in Carrie Kelly. Hell, fold Batwoman (either of them) into this show. That to me sounds better than focusing on kids of Supervillains and Bruce Wayne's newly-created adopted son whom I have NO attachment to.
    The CW would have greenlighted that godawful Black Canary show if they wanted something like this.

  5. #110
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The CW would have greenlighted that godawful Black Canary show if they wanted something like this.
    I'm sure there were many reasons why that Green Arrow and the Canaries wasn't greenlit. My personal take was that they made the story so damn convoluted by setting it in the future, they were worried about costs. I'll always maintain they should have done that show with the three kids being stuck in the past, since their future was erased in the Crisis. That would have worked much better IMO.

  6. #111
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm sure there were many reasons why that Green Arrow and the Canaries wasn't greenlit. My personal take was that they made the story so damn convoluted by setting it in the future, they were worried about costs. I'll always maintain they should have done that show with the three kids being stuck in the past, since their future was erased in the Crisis. That would have worked much better IMO.
    I mean, that was my reasoning for Future Trunks and Mai to stay in the past in Dragon Ball Super, and to later participate in the Tournament of Power.

    But, well, like the kids supposedly staying in the past for the Arrowverse, that didn't happen.

  7. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You know what could have been even better?

    A new Birds of Prey type show, but focusing on the females of the Bat family. Give me a show with Barbara, Cassandra, Stephanie, and Harper; throw in her brother as the man in the chair, maybe even bring in Carrie Kelly. Hell, fold Batwoman (either of them) into this show. That to me sounds better than focusing on kids of Supervillains and Bruce Wayne's newly-created adopted son whom I have NO attachment to.
    Seconded.

    We need another BOP show.

    The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

  8. #113
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You know what could have been even better?

    A new Birds of Prey type show, but focusing on the females of the Bat family. Give me a show with Barbara, Cassandra, Stephanie, and Harper; throw in her brother as the man in the chair, maybe even bring in Carrie Kelly. Hell, fold Batwoman (either of them) into this show. That to me sounds better than focusing on kids of Supervillains and Bruce Wayne's newly-created adopted son whom I have NO attachment to.
    I would've watched it. Presuming they actually let the ladies wear costumes.

  9. #114
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Somewhere in Time & Space
    Posts
    6,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    You know what could have been even better?

    A new Birds of Prey type show, but focusing on the females of the Bat family. Give me a show with Barbara, Cassandra, Stephanie, and Harper; throw in her brother as the man in the chair, maybe even bring in Carrie Kelly. Hell, fold Batwoman (either of them) into this show. That to me sounds better than focusing on kids of Supervillains and Bruce Wayne's newly-created adopted son whom I have NO attachment to.
    Could go one step further instead of adopted son who isn't even Dick, Jason or Tim go with Helena Wayne.

    Yeah I know there would be comparisons to the 2002 Birds of Prey show. But honestly I recently rewatched it, it was on Tubi and while definitely flawed and felt like an late 90's/early 00's superhero tv show it was better IMO than Batwoman.

  10. #115
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Could go one step further instead of adopted son who isn't even Dick, Jason or Tim go with Helena Wayne.

    Yeah I know there would be comparisons to the 2002 Birds of Prey show. But honestly I recently rewatched it, it was on Tubi and while definitely flawed and felt like an late 90's/early 00's superhero tv show it was better IMO than Batwoman.
    Apparently OC kid is friends with Steph so I think they're making him a stand-in for Tim.

  11. #116
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,214

    Default

    I generally hate it when people say something to the effect of "nobody asked for this," but I just don't see a point of a Batman show if almost completely lacks any really recognizable characters. Sure, it has Carrie Kelly, but as groundbreaking as the DKR was, how many outside of comics book readers are really even aware of her? Same with a non-Two-Face Harvey Dent?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

  12. #117
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    11,864

    Default

    Couldn't they have used Duke Thomas instead of this OC kid?

  13. #118
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Couldn't they have used Duke Thomas instead of this OC kid?
    I would not have minded. Decent character, has comic history, knows Bruce is Batman, one of the more normal members. Only 2 things I see that could have been an issue; he operated during the day as a vigilante (stark contrast to, well, everyone else), and his meta powers.

    He's not being used outside of rare comic appearances and Wayne Family Adventures, so that's one excuse out the window. He's black, so that's another excuse (without sacrificing yet another ginger to Cthullu). However, he's evenly tempered, not really angry, strong sense of justice...

    Okay, why didn't CW use him?

  14. #119
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    86,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I generally hate it when people say something to the effect of "nobody asked for this," but I just don't see a point of a Batman show if almost completely lacks any really recognizable characters. Sure, it has Carrie Kelly, but as groundbreaking as the DKR was, how many outside of comics book readers are really even aware of her? Same with a non-Two-Face Harvey Dent?
    Well, if we go by recognizability I guess it would go: Carrie > Steph > Harper > Duela.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I would not have minded. Decent character, has comic history, knows Bruce is Batman, one of the more normal members. Only 2 things I see that could have been an issue; he operated during the day as a vigilante (stark contrast to, well, everyone else), and his meta powers.

    He's not being used outside of rare comic appearances and Wayne Family Adventures, so that's one excuse out the window. He's black, so that's another excuse (without sacrificing yet another ginger to Cthullu). However, he's evenly tempered, not really angry, strong sense of justice...

    Okay, why didn't CW use him?
    He's also not really a Wayne kid even if he lived at Wayne Manor, but then again, neither is Turner Hayes .

  15. #120
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, if we go by recognizability I guess it would go: Carrie > Steph > Harper > Duela.

    He's also not really a Wayne kid even if he lived at Wayne Manor, but then again, neither is Turner Hayes .
    At least Duke has some presence in the comics. Its not much, but better than Blandy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •