Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Gotham Knights

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Is just the scene where Harvey kills Duella's mom up on youtube or anywhere? It's the only real scene we're ever going to get of his Two Face and I'd like to rewatch it sometime.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

I feel S2 would've given us some costumes, even if they were only as half-arsed as Carrie's Robin outfit.
    Which is another good reason to have ended this farce.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Mighty Member

Yeah, that was a pretty decent finale for the show, all things considered. It pretty much wrapped up all plot threads for the season while setting up new ones for a season that won't materialize (Two-Face, Henri Ducard training Turner, MAYBE Cluemaster). Even the little joke subplot with Cullen disguising himself as a cop had a surprisingly touching pay-off. Harvey still remains the best part and I liked the little bit we got of his Two-Face.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I feel S2 would've given us some costumes, even if they were only as half-arsed as Carrie's Robin outfit.
    I always thought Carrie's Robin outfit was so boring because (besides budget) Titans was using proper Robin suits for Dick, Jason, and Tim, so they couldn't use anything resembling them.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

For whatever it's worth, I enjoyed the finale too. I liked seeing the Gotham Knights go to own on the Talons with the weapons from the Batcave, although I am a little disappointed there weren't more decapitations (since it's pretty clear that's about the only thing that stops a Talon). It was nice seeing Brody join the group, and it was fitting that he was the one to take down Rebecca (given that she murdered him, at least, temporarily). It feels like the show's entire special-effects budget went into Two-Face, but, que sera.

Cullen continues to be the best person ever. I loved that he even received a grateful hug from his police officer friend. Cullen and Carrie were the best, and I really enjoyed them as characters. I liked Steph and grew to like Harper as well, eventually. It was a pity that Turner was just so dull. I think they tried to make him too stoic for his own good. Those little moments - like the finale, where he and Cullen were playfully teasing Harper and Steph in the elevator - were appreciated.

It's a shame we'll never get any pay-off to the final couple of scenes.

Overall, I'm glad I watched the show. It took a while to find its feet, but after a few episodes, it found a nice groove, and while it wasn't perfect, I liked it for what it was.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Thanks!

For as little as we got this is my new favorite Two Face in other media. Shame we won't get to see more of his take.

Pretty good pay-off to a season/series I felt so-so about. We got more Turner and Duela, the recognition of Harper/Stephanie, Carrie and her mother, and the Ducard revelation. It would have been cool to see how the others carried on thinking Turner was dead. Two-Face was probably the plot I would've most liked to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Because I'm a complete nerd, I DVR freeze-framed the end credits' "special thanks" to see all the comic creators credited, and here's what I got:

- Greg Capullo
    - Becky Cloonan
    - Gerry Conway
    - Denys Cowan
    - Chuck Dixon
    - Javier Fernandez
    - Gardner Fox
    - Devin Grayson (who incidentally wrote a series that shares a name with this show)
    - Sam Hamm
    - Carmine Infantino
    - Staz Johnson
    - Tom Lyle
    - Guillem March
    - Frank Miller
    - Don Newman
    - Irv Novick
    - Jerry Robinson
    - Bob Rozakis
    - Juan Jose Ryp
    - Tim Seeley
    - Dan Slott
    - Scott Snyder
    - Ryan Sook
    - James Tynion IV
    - Matt Wagner

bonus brownie points if you can name what stories they wrote/drew and what got used on the show.
    Good job! I'm guessing some of the older guys like Gerry Conway, Gardner Fox, Carmine Infantino, and Bob Rozakis were responsible for the Two-Face and Duela stuff. Frank Miller is Carrie Kelley and Chuck Dixon is Stephanie Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Pretty good pay-off to a season/series I felt so-so about. We got more Turner and Duela, the recognition of Harper/Stephanie, Carrie and her mother, and the Ducard revelation. It would have been cool to see how the others carried on thinking Turner was dead. Two-Face was probably the plot I would've most liked to see.
    Is that relationship actually from the comics? I don't read them so I just guessed it was a CW flourish, but it'd be cool if that's actually from the books.

Extraordinary Member

Is that relationship actually from the comics? I don't read them so I just guessed it was a CW flourish, but it'd be cool if that's actually from the books.
    It is not. In the comics Steph is straight, though there are many who ship her with Cassandra Cain since they are best friends. No one ships her with Harper. But the show's version of Steph has no relation to the comics character, to the point where I don't know why they even bothered calling her Stephanie Brown instead of just giving her a new name to match the OC she clearly is. The real Steph comes from a poor family and a big part of her appeal is how she has to scrape by without the resources Batman and Robin have, making her the plucky underdog of the Bat-family. The show's version is the complete opposite of the real version, and fans of the character are very unhappy with how the show depicted her.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It is not. In the comics Steph is straight, though there are many who ship her with Cassandra Cain since they are best friends. No one ships her with Harper. But the show's version of Steph has no relation to the comics character, to the point where I don't know why they even bothered calling her Stephanie Brown instead of just giving her a new name to match the OC she clearly is. The real Steph comes from a poor family and a big part of her appeal is how she has to scrape by without the resources Batman and Robin have, making her the plucky underdog of the Bat-family. The show's version is the complete opposite of the real version, and fans of the character are very unhappy with how the show depicted her.
    Ah, I think I got confused about it when 90'sCartoonMan said recognition - this kind of board that word typically implies "recognition of the source material" so I made the wrong assumption I guess, my bad.

Ah, I think I got confused about it when 90'sCartoonMan said recognition - this kind of board that word typically implies "recognition of the source material" so I made the wrong assumption I guess, my bad.
    I just meant their friends could tell they were a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I just meant their friends could tell they were a thing.
    Yeah figured it out later, but got confused at first. My bad.