Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham Knights

I'm pretty bummed at a CW OC, but Carrie Kelley is in it which is kind of neat.

Amazing Member

Well I hope this show does well it's not going to be the best series cw has ever done with dc but you never know depending on what characters they use in this I know they have cast five of the lead roles and two of the characters are twins I think.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Carrie Kelly and Duela Dent has been cast

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...ie-kelley-more

I just read what this show is about on CBR News. UGH! not for me. What is it? Riverdale in Gotham? Seems between this, Stargilr and Naomi, CW is going all in on being a teen hero network. I like Stargirl, but gave up on Naomi after 1 1/2 episodes.
    At least we have Superman for the time being.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Carrie Kelly and Duela Dent has been cast

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...ie-kelley-more
    Is there a mandate that Berlanti productions have to cast redheads with black actors? I mean, good for Navia Robinson, it's just kind of funny .

Although if we have an actual Robin I have no idea what the OC Wayne kid brings to the table other than being a white pretty boy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is there a mandate that Berlanti productions have to cast redheads with black actors? I mean, good for Navia Robinson, it's just kind of funny .

Although if we have an actual Robin I have no idea what the OC Wayne kid brings to the table other than being a white pretty boy.
    Honestly, the OC is the only one that really turns me off the series concept right now - there’s literally about a half-dozen characters who probably should be in a show like this, and about a dozen who could be in this show and still be a greater immediate contribution than an OC who’s just a ubiquitous white pretty boy.

While I’m not really a fan of Harper Rowe, Duela Dent, or Carrie Kelly, I can actually see where they might be grabbed up for this thing. Harper’s got a cool costume, a punk look, and is a fresh enough character they could effectively define her however they want. Carrie’s basically the highest profile female Robin (as much as Steph should probably leap-frog her), but also someone they could do whatever they want with because she’s an Elseworlds character. And Duela, to be blunt, is likely someone the CW feels can be Harley Quinn for them.

But what - are literally all four of the big name Robin guys off the table? Can no one just make a younger Jean Paul Valley? Is Duke too black? Or how about even just another Wayne kid with a new name if Damian’s too far? Is this just another attempt to ensure a CW formula can be fulfilled without taking 5 minutes to actually look at alternatives?

I feel like a smart producer would expect to have a lineup similar to the video game with the main Batman Family in the roster, a smart producer looking at the initial premise would probably expect Spoiler, Cass, and Vengeance to join Duela, and that someone who’s just got access to Wikipedia would still find something better than an OC pretty white boy.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Honestly, the OC is the only one that really turns me off the series concept right now - there’s literally about a half-dozen characters who probably should be in a show like this, and about a dozen who could be in this show and still be a greater immediate contribution than an OC who’s just a ubiquitous white pretty boy.

While I’m not really a fan of Harper Rowe, Duela Dent, or Carrie Kelly, I can actually see where they might be grabbed up for this thing. Harper’s got a cool costume, a punk look, and is a fresh enough character they could effectively define her however they want. Carrie’s basically the highest profile female Robin (as much as Steph should probably leap-frog her), but also someone they could do whatever they want with because she’s an Elseworlds character. And Duela, to be blunt, is likely someone the CW feels can be Harley Quinn for them.

But what - are literally all four of the big name Robin guys off the table? Can no one just make a younger Jean Paul Valley? Is Duke too black? Or how about even just another Wayne kid with a new name if Damian’s too far? Is this just another attempt to ensure a CW formula can be fulfilled without taking 5 minutes to actually look at alternatives?

I feel like a smart producer would expect to have a lineup similar to the video game with the main Batman Family in the roster, a smart producer looking at the initial premise would probably expect Spoiler, Cass, and Vengeance to join Duela, and that someone who’s just got access to Wikipedia would still find something better than an OC pretty white boy.
    Well, this is from the Batwoman EP's and they probably feel they were successful inserting an OC into the mythos with Ryan Wilder, although that had a diversity benefit that this guy doesn't and they probably didn't care enough to dive into the comics for a lead that would have fit just as well without being an OC (as is often the case).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Just speculation, but my guess is that the character is going to be gay and they didn't want to hear complaints from fanboys about turning a straight character gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Batjag View Post
    Just speculation, but my guess is that the character is going to be gay and they didn't want to hear complaints from fanboys about turning a straight character gay.
    I'd be very surprised if they're gay since they have Harper as a Bi rep who will probably date a girl or two and this kid might have something with either Carrie or Duela (or both).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batjag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be very surprised if they're gay since they have Harper as a Bi rep who will probably date a girl or two and this kid might have something with either Carrie or Duela (or both).
    Plus, if they wanted a guy characters who wasn’t straight… they’ve now got Tim who could occupy that role, with less modification in adaptation.

Wasn’t there also some rumor about some of the characters being siblings? Maybe they want Duella to have a “good” brother?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I thought this thread was about the Gotham Knight video game that features Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood protecting Gotham after Batman is seemingly killed LOL. Didn't know a show was coming out with the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I thought this thread was about the Gotham Knight video game that features Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood protecting Gotham after Batman is seemingly killed LOL. Didn't know a show was coming out with the same name.
    Oh, the game looks awesome as hell. But this, yeah.

He definitely fits as Harvey .