Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    Yeah, twitter alone ripped this apart.

Wow, how...utterly generic.

Is Steph even in this? Is she not blonde ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    When doesn't Twitter rip everything apart?
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    When doesn't Twitter rip everything apart?
    Well, sometimes it's justified...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Twitter is nothing but a "hive of scum and villainy", surely you've figured that out by now.
    Bots and degenerates with a hate rager on for just about any topic regardless of how informed they are on it or an individual.

2015 is the demarcation line when Twitter went from World Wide Discussion Board to Echo chamber idiots in their bubble.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Twitter is nothing but a "hive of scum and villainy", surely you've figured that out by now.
    Bots and degenerates with a hate rager on for just about any topic regardless of how informed they are on it or an individual.

2015 is the demarcation line when Twitter went from World Wide Discussion Board to Echo chamber idiots in their bubble.
    Well, this time, they're not wrong.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    Blind squirrel finding a nut and all that?
    Broken clock right twice a day.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Hard to get excited for this when A) it looks bland as hell, and B) they will probably cancel it, if not before the end of the season, then right after it.

I do kind of want to give it a pass on the blandness. I'm not sure they are even filming yet, and the cast was announced not that long ago. I'm hoping they haven't finalized the costumes yet, and the CW was just trying to drum up interest by showing the cast. Of course, as I don't know any of these kids, it's not a lot to get me excited.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Hard to get excited for this when A) it looks bland as hell, and B) they will probably cancel it, if not before the end of the season, then right after it.

I do kind of want to give it a pass on the blandness. I'm not sure they are even filming yet, and the cast was announced not that long ago. I'm hoping they haven't finalized the costumes yet, and the CW was just trying to drum up interest by showing the cast. Of course, as I don't know any of these kids, it's not a lot to get me excited.
    I mean, if this was going to have costumes, you'd think they'd be front-and-center in promotions.

It looks like it stepped out of 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^
    Blind squirrel finding a nut and all that?
    Broken clock right twice a day.
    Exactly. Twitter and what not isn't always right, or worth paying attention too, but the promo combined with everything released about the series simply makes it sound like a big ol' stinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, if this was going to have costumes, you'd think they'd be front-and-center in promotions.
    Unless they really wanted something for the Up-Fronts to hype this up, to try and offset all of the cancellations. They may have decided something was better than nothing.

One thing about this that does bug me a bit- they cancelled one Bat family show that had a lot of LGBTQ representation, only to replace it with a show that apparently doesn't have a lot (I believe Harper Row is gay, or maybe her brother).

Now, I wasn't a fan of Batwoman, not by a long shot. And who knows, maybe Gotham Knights will have some meaningful representation. But as it stands now, it doesn't sit right with me.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Unless they really wanted something for the Up-Fronts to hype this up, to try and offset all of the cancellations. They may have decided something was better than nothing.

One thing about this that does bug me a bit- they cancelled one Bat family show that had a lot of LGBTQ representation, only to replace it with a show that apparently doesn't have a lot (I believe Harper Row is gay, or maybe her brother).

Now, I wasn't a fan of Batwoman, not by a long shot. And who knows, maybe Gotham Knights will have some meaningful representation. But as it stands now, it doesn't sit right with me.
    Harper is supposed to be bi while her brother is gay.

I don’t know who any of these characters are except Stephanie. Carrie Kelly is that the female robin from TDR? If so then I’ve heard of two character’s. No idea who the rows or Tunrer Hayes is(Is he in the comics or instead of using Dick/Tim/Jason/Damian they just made someone up?)

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Faaaaaaaaacts...and having this image be the one we get off top raises so many red flags for me.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia