Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X Lives of Wolverine 2 Review (Spoilers)

I didn’t see anyone post a review if so admins I apologize.

North Canada 1900
    We start off with a young Skinny Logan fighting a Polar Bear. Which seems to be a pit or ring he is fighting in, observed by some rowdy people.
    Logan narrates to himself how we as people are trying to make a mark in this world. He escapes the pit and grabs a sleigh when Jean pops up and comments that he is skinny. She tells him Chuck is 50 miles away. She also warns not to kill anyone because him killing someone has dire consequences.

Jasmine Falls Japan Many years ago
    This is after war world 2, it seems Logan is with Daken’s
    mother Istu making love to her. But Jean pops in and interrupts. Logan pleads just one more minute. As he falls asleep with Istu. Red pops up in her body.

Colombia Many years ago
    We come back to Team X as they are about to make an example and send a message to
    Drug cartel running a cocaine lab. Logan separates from the group to get the sit rep from Jean. She tells him Chuck is with a coalition and that they want to save the Amazon Rain Forest. Logan seems to remember this time and he doesnÂ’t want Team x killing the cartel. Jeans warns him he canÂ’t do both things at once. Jean says again you have consequences to what you do in this time.

Moscow the recent past
    Logan, Domino and Arkady are raiding a bathhouse reserved for some hellfire guy named Maxim Ivanov. They are to extract him and interrogate him. Logan tells Arkday donÂ’t fudge this up he’s on a trial run. Arkady storms the room but no one is there but Mikhail who grabs him and tells Arkady he is on his side. Apparently someone has placed a surveillance tracker on His C Synthesizer. He explains to Arkday they killed him and brought him back without his knowing. That he will come back to him and Russia once he realizes what they have done.

Sage Log book concludes that Mikhail has weaponized info culled from the Cerebro Sword to recruit Red against his war with Krakoa.

Back to North Canada Xavier is heading a Ship that has been stuck in ice for quite some time and the crew is restless. Chuck has a briefing with a gentleman named Hollister. All of sudden Red pops up In Hollister and attacks him. Chuck throws him overboard. The crew appears and it seems to be a mutiny because Hollister was thrown overboard. Yet Arkady pops up in another of the crew.

Sage log book claims they have been tracking all time line terrorism. Which means To undo the X-men before they ever existed as a nation. Immediate action Wolverine and Jean have been contacted

Back to Colombia. Wolverine in his attempt to stop team X shoots and stabs Tooth and Maverick. Logan leaves.
    Tooth contacts another Professor and tells him heÂ’s going to kill Logan.

Back to Japan Logan is fighting Istu Red and narrates that he canÂ’t kill her because of the warning Jean gave him
    Which is if he kills Itsu he basically kills his unborn son Daken. He pops his claws and Snikt.

To be continued

All in all I think was a pretty good read. I think everything Is
    Going to tie together someway. The art was excellent reminded me of reading Origin.
    Can’t wait till Deaths of Wolvie
    Last edited by IN-a-Synch; 02-03-2022 at 09:06 PM.

I thought that this kept up the pace from issue 1 and that’s a good thing. I also really liked how Percy used the data pages in this issue. So far off to a very good start.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Yeah, another great issue I thought. Read it first thing this morning but my day was too busy to post a review unfortunately. Glad someone did. Thanks, IN-a-Synch.

Mighty Member

Not as good as X Deaths.....that's why nobody posted a review until now.

Or some of us were just busy with our jobs.

It was kinda better than the first issue of X Lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Not as good as X Deaths.....that's why nobody posted a review until now.
    I gotta disagree. I feel like Deaths should been called Moira on the run. And I need to know where this Transmode Wolverine came from. I liked this issue as it’s coming together with how this all came about.

I'm going to hold my tongue, but if he really does kill Ritsu I'm going to blow a gasket. Its a new kind of a Stuffed In the Fridge. Double Stuffed Fridging!

"Don't kill people, you'll mess up the timeline!" He already killed a couple people! He's already screwing up time! Blech.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I'm going to hold my tongue, but if he really does kill Ritsu I'm going to blow a gasket. Its a new kind of a Stuffed In the Fridge. Double Stuffed Fridging!

"Don't kill people, you'll mess up the timeline!" He already killed a couple people! He's already screwing up time! Blech.
    He’s the best there is at what he does and what he does is screw up the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I thought that this kept up the pace from issue 1 and that’s a good thing. I also really liked how Percy used the data pages in this issue. So far off to a very good start.
    I completely agree. Frankly, I'm fully invested in X Lives... and X Deaths... Part of me wonders if X-Force suffered so much due to the fact that Percy was putting all of his gold into these two series. In either case, he's doing a bang-up job on them.

Also, the art and colors are perfect...

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

To be fair In the two issues Logan hasn’t killed anyone yet

This has been good as hell so far.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    To be fair In the two issues Logan hasn’t killed anyone yet
    Didn't he kill the midwife? Or at least she died..

Didn't he kill the midwife? Or at least she died..
    I thought so to but she didn’t fall far and was groaning. The two people who Died was Cassandra Nova and the butler. But Wolvie had nothing to do with that.